Thread: Hub Food Section in the News

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Foodies in cyber-space
    By C. Maya

It is one of those fervent appeals most of those who are still finding their feet in the kitchen make: ``I'm sure I'm using the correct proportions of rice and urad dal for my dosa batter, but still they do not turn out golden and crispy. Please help.''
    To the plea of an avowed foodie, ``Someone please help me with a recipe for Andhra-style chilli chicken,'' others respond enthusiastically on the various ways in which the dish can be prepared.

Are you one of those cooks who can turn out fancy dishes by the dozen, but are at a loss when it comes to preparing traditional delights? You are settled abroad, but does the thought of `Fish molee' set you off on a nostalgic gastronomic trip?

The forumhub.com's South Indian Food Discussion Forum is where all foodies from South get together to discuss the intricacies of `poriyal' or `sambar' or the secrets of making light and fluffy puris.

This is one discussion site where you can find recipes to many home-style dishes that you might never find in a cookbook or even a television cookery show. Most of those who are regular visitors to the discussion forum are Malayalis and Tamils who are away from their families, settled in Dubai, U.K., Canada or the U.S. and have a yen for `mom's kind of cooking'.

You could post your query/ request for a recipe or check in the `old topics' section to see if your query has already been discussed. A request for a simple recipe for a `good lime pickle' has people writing in from all over the world, offering you their mother's recipe or sharing their own secrets of pickle-making.

The site encourages lively interaction and friendship between its regular visitors. Just check some of the discussed topics and one feels like one has been drawn into a family discussion.

The Malayali from Palakkad is incensed at the sambar recipe of those in Southern Kerala, while the new Malayali bride in Canada is all thanks for the recipe for `Kurukku Kalan' or `Appam and stew'. The discussion on some Kerala specialities has another salivating about `Mambazha pulisseri'.

Not just South Indian food, many Northie, or tandoori recipes are also exchanged by fans. Apart from recipes, they also discuss household tips, exchange queries or discuss the usefulness or otherwise of a microwave oven.

Forumhub.com has other discussion links too. You could share your enthusiasm about a new book you have read or a place you visited recently.

The site's link, news@hub, is the best way of taking in all the news at a glance, for it is directly linked to the Web sites of all major newspapers in many countries.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Sowmya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Devoted Hubber tomato's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow !!!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber RedPepper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I remember reading it years ago. Someone has posted about this in the old forumhub. It is written in 2002, but I enjoyed reading it again.
    Red Pepper
    <font size=1>Some products from my workshop! </font>

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Way to Go!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey! We are quite famous!!!!!