Thread: Irfan Pathan

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Irfan Pathan

The guy will be a useful all rounder soon. It's evident that most cricket players reach their prime in late twenties. Pathan is just 22 and he has a long career behind him. At this rate, by 28 or 30 he'd be a larger than life idol for India. His bowling is good, he swings the ball both way. His hat-trick ball to Mohamad Yousuf was terrific. He's a left hand swinger which is rarity in these days. I remeber only two left armers who shined in the last decade, Akram and Vaas. Pathan will cause more troubles to batsmen but my wish is that he improves his speed a bit. I don't remeber what his maximum has been till today. If he can hit 135+ km/h consistently, then there cuold be no better bowler than him.

Regarding his batting, he's not technically perfect, maybe because he came into the scene as a bolwer only. But he improves his technique innings after innings. (No offense to Dhoni). I love watching Pathan's batting than Dhoni; the reason is that Pathan holds the bat straight and he has better shot selection. IMO. I hope team India does NOT consider him an all rounder NOW which will put immense pressure on him at this young age. Have him as the strike bowler, let him bat the way he wants, suddenly you'd have an all rounder.

He'll lift team India soon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sanguine Sridhar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Irfan Pathan is a good all-rounder after Kapil Dev for India.But IMO he should not be used for batting in Test Cricket(Like 1 down or 2 down) it will spoil his bowling performances.Lets see long way to go.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pathan is a good allrounder but he should be used sparely and under most wanted consitions only.......

otherwise it will spoil his bowling performances....

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    speed is the only problem regarding pathan. he must increase his speed. already he has a lot of variations. so if he increases the speed also, he will be unplayable.
    thinking about her is always a nostalgic feeling. i dont know why, but it happens to me.