Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Light Moments in Cooking

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    talking of kadalai paruppu......when i came here to abu dhabi i was only a month old bride... and i had asked my hubby to buy toor dal for sambar...he came back with kadalai paruppu and when i told him it was not toor.....he very smartly told me that it was the toor dal of this country ......its 8 years now and he still brings me chana dal if by accident i ask him to get toor

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    and every time i write coriander leaves in the list...guess what i get?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ayesha I guess you get parsley...
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

Post Thanks / Like
    exactly....may be thats what all hubbies do

Senior Member Regular Hubber kavithasenthil's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    really funny guys. Had good time laughing..

Senior Member Devoted Hubber RedPepper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoushka
    Ayesha I guess you get parsley...
    I used to get parsley for coriander leaves too, but I think now he has learned from experience.

I have once got arugula leaves for spinach!!

I am still laughing out loud reading everybody's stories.
    Red Pepper
    <font size=1>Some products from my workshop! </font>

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is my friend's husband who actually gets Parsley for corriander my hubby dear is much better than me when it comes to all this!

Another experience of mine... A few months after I had joined my first job, I had just come back from a holiday and saw this new guy in at work who made a remark about me in Malayalam to another colleague without knowing I understood the language!

We got talking after that and he said something and I don't know what made me say it but I said that I was a good cook (as I said earlier I had rarely entered the kitchen before that)...

A week later, I was lazing around in the (working women's) hostel when I was told that I had a visitor.. to my horror it was this guy who had come to pick me up and take me to his home so that I could cook for his friend and himself

At this stage, my pride would not let me tell the truth so I took it as a challenge and went with him...

He had bought some chicken and had the basic minimum in his house...

I made rice and thick chicken curry and served with some yoghurt....

Thankfully the chicken came out nice so everything was finished in no time!

Now, this didn't stop here, he went and told about this to another friend's family who wanted me to cook for them In the end had to tell them that I wasn't used to cooking for more than three people (they were five people in the family) and escape .. till date this guy beleives I am a great cook!
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had an incident when I was into my first month after marriage, my husband invited his ex-schoolmate friend to our house and we insisted on him having a quick meal.
    Not familiar with many dishes, I made him 2 chapatis, but I wasnt familiar with chapatis either. They came out like frisbees (as stiff) and the poor guy ate it, not uttering a word about the taste. After he left, my husband tasted the last extra chapati I had left and couldnt believe how it tasted...he still teases me after 11 years about the incident. Needless to say, the friend hasnt visited us since.!

Senior Member Senior Hubber dsath's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    All about curd.
    The first time after marraige we moved to a new apartment, we did the traditional boiling milk thing. Since there were only 3 of us we had left over milk .Forgetting that i had added sugar to the milk, used the same milk for making curd. The next day we got a sweet curd and the best part is i didn't know abt it, till we had the curd rice. During lunch we had a good laugh.
    Still my friends tease me saying i can make lassi when asked to make curd.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoushka
    It is my friend's husband who actually gets Parsley for corriander my hubby dear is much better than me when it comes to all this!

Another experience of mine... A few months after I had joined my first job, I had just come back from a holiday and saw this new guy in at work who made a remark about me in Malayalam to another colleague without knowing I understood the language!

We got talking after that and he said something and I don't know what made me say it but I said that I was a good cook (as I said earlier I had rarely entered the kitchen before that)...

A week later, I was lazing around in the (working women's) hostel when I was told that I had a visitor.. to my horror it was this guy who had come to pick me up and take me to his home so that I could cook for his friend and himself

At this stage, my pride would not let me tell the truth so I took it as a challenge and went with him...

He had bought some chicken and had the basic minimum in his house...

I made rice and thick chicken curry and served with some yoghurt....

Thankfully the chicken came out nice so everything was finished in no time!

Now, this didn't stop here, he went and told about this to another friend's family who wanted me to cook for them In the end had to tell them that I wasn't used to cooking for more than three people (they were five people in the family) and escape .. till date this guy beleives I am a great cook!

OMG!!!!! Anoushka- this really sounds like a hilarious scene from a movie- lol!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast