Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Light Moments in Cooking

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Light Moments in Cooking

Do share your funny experiences when cooking.
    Like the time you added salt instead of sugar ....
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Cooking tips for the unprepared man...

http://www.davezilla.com/Manly_Tips/
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber bingleguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    heehhehehhe

Nice thread NOV .... i can see many will have such experiences !

i happenned put the rice n cooker ... but forgot to light the gas .... half an hour kku appuram yennada sathamae kaanum nnu paatha .... gas e on pannala .... Romba pasi vera .....
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I got married, for the initial few months, everyday was a funny experience... My husb used to cook well even before marriage & he taught me some basics of cooking... Invariably, everyday I used to mess up something or the other & go to my husb with a paavam face... He then used to make some adjustments & make it edible... the best part is, he used to eat anything I cook, however horrible it tastes,without a frown on his face...

& once had the experience of serving our guests some uncooked potato curry... Since both me & S were cooking, I thought he would have checked if it's cooked & he thought I would've done it... Only after they left did we know that the potatoes were still raw... Later when we tried cooking it, we found that even after cooking for more than 1/2 hr, the potatoes didn't turn soft... Guess it coz of the quality of the potato... My cousins used to tease me for it even today...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Senior Member Veteran Hubber bingleguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone I know wanted to make almond cookies. The recipe called for melted butter but she forgot to do so. Halfway thru she discovered her mistake. Not wanting to waste the entire dough, she decided to melt the butter in the dough by heating the mixing bowl.

Only problem was it was a glass bowl which was not meant for high heat!

Of course the bowl shattered and the sugary dough was splattered all over the stove. The worst followed.

The sugary dough caught fire from the burner and she almost burned down the kitchen!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    My MIL and I had a funny moment when we mistook white sesame seeds for wheat rava :. And there we were trying to cook it for god only knows how many hours, first in the huge wok she reserves for big company, and then later in a pressure cooker before my eldset SIL discovered the boo-boo and went ayyoh! ma.... and then to me 'where the dickens were your eyes and brains !!!!'

This, after making wheat rava upma all our cooking lives !

Shoba

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dev
    When I got married, for the initial few months, everyday was a funny experience... My husb used to cook well even before marriage & he taught me some basics of cooking... Invariably, everyday I used to mess up something or the other & go to my husb with a paavam face... He then used to make some adjustments & make it edible... the best part is, he used to eat anything I cook, however horrible it tastes,without a frown on his face...

& once had the experience of serving our guests some uncooked potato curry... Since both me & S were cooking, I thought he would have checked if it's cooked & he thought I would've done it... Only after they left did we know that the potatoes were still raw... Later when we tried cooking it, we found that even after cooking for more than 1/2 hr, the potatoes didn't turn soft... Guess it coz of the quality of the potato... My cousins used to tease me for it even today...
    You are really lucky to have such a sweetheart hubby, dev!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV
    Someone I know wanted to make almond cookies. The recipe called for melted butter but she forgot to do so. Halfway thru she discovered her mistake. Not wanting to waste the entire dough, she decided to melt the butter in the dough by heating the mixing bowl.

Only problem was it was a glass bowl which was not meant for high heat!

Of course the bowl shattered and the sugary dough was splattered all over the stove. The worst followed.

The sugary dough caught fire from the burner and she almost burned down the kitchen!
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast