Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamil media - do they spread good values and culture

Senior Member Diamond Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ANNA lets forget it............some treads r already locked coz of my eelam talk............i dont want this tread to lock............

lets forget the damn eelam and eelam tamils!

but what u said
    Anbe Sivam

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber solona's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feel really sorry for Eelam and Eelam people your reaction is normal Vasavi!
    I left India just when the media revolution was starting in India when I came back four years later I saw the change, now ten years later I do not recognize anymore my India.

There are positive things and negative. My mother talks about "French riots", who is prepared to accept if my brother brings home a girl (which something she would not even accepted in her worst nightmares/ thanks to cinemas and TV serials) My brother scotched to the computer with his MP3 player on his ears(which he purchased on the net). all these youngsters who dress up like TV VJs, and cell phones on the ear. I don't know how to react. During my first trips to India I always yearned to see this India modern, India flourishing etc etc but now I ask myselves whether we are losing something on the other hand!

Do not know what will be the final result of this influence!hope positive

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Solona,
    Hm the same goes on here.........my parents r quite worried about me and my brothers .............or they r much more worried about me...............
    i cant really find myself in this world seeying how fast the world moves. even yesterday night I and my brother were talking about the world and ppl.........
    i and my brother used to talk about youths these days and how much they r influenced by the TV and Cinemas ..................i dont mean they r totally bad or just viewing crapy things..............sometimes, very rarely they show some good stuffs too........
    seems like u r living abroad ..........u might have seen those big brother craps...........Good Lord..........big bro in US and then big bro in europe and then big bro in mideast?!
    i think in near future the world will speak one language and we all adopt a new culture which is decided by the TV and cinemas .....................and new civilization............which is what i doesnt know.....................and we r moving so fast......that we might cross the speed of light and end up in Hell

i dont know .............this world seems so strange to me........i dont know whether i live in utopia or iam a pessimist as my proffesor calls me..............

BUT cant blame these youths only..............some parents really encourage such things and when their kids get in trouble or does sth really bad...............they blame everything and everybody other than themself........
    i saw a 7 or 8 yr boy colored his hair.............a tamil kid.........God where r we really going...........
    i dont say that coloring hair is bad or sth, but that boy was a kid...............and cellphones.............to a 7 yr kid...........I dont get it!

and some parents brag how BAD their kids speak tamil ok ok i dont mean that my tamil is good...........it stinks, but .............
    "enn payyanukku thamizhe pesavaraadhu............enna? "

ayyo aandava..............
    Anbe Sivam

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by solona
    Feel really sorry for Eelam and Eelam people your reaction is normal Vasavi!
    NANDRI

how did u know my name
    Anbe Sivam

Senior Member Senior Hubber podalangai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy
    my parents r quite worried about me and my brothers .............or they r much more worried about me...............
    About what, if you don't mind my asking?

i cant really find myself in this world seeying how fast the world moves.
    You can find a place within yourself where things are quieter. It isn't difficult.

and some parents brag how BAD their kids speak tamil ok ok i dont mean that my tamil is good...........it stinks, but .............
    Not just their children, some parents brag about how bad their own Tamil is. I went to a South Indian function where the man began by saying "See, I cannot give speech in Tamil so I must speak in English only." Saar, ningal pona varudam varil edha urile irundingal?? Anaal adhu mattum illai - Adhai avar eppadi uccharittharenru ninaikkaringal? ஐ கெனாட் க்யுவ் ச்பீச் யின் தமில் சொ ஐ மச்ட் ச்பீக் யின் யிஙலிச் வொன்ளி. Thalaile aduchikka kai poravillai! But that is how we "educated" Indians are.

But at the same time in places like Madurai having children who cannot speak Tamil would still be a big shame, so I think it isn't everybody who is going this way.
    ni enna periya podalangai-nu ennama?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by podalangai
    i cant really find myself in this world seeying how fast the world moves.
    You can find a place within yourself where things are quieter. It isn't difficult..
    anna: peace within myself...................quieter?

Not just their children, some parents brag about how bad their own Tamil is. I went to a South Indian function where the man began by saying "See, I cannot give speech in Tamil so I must speak in English only." Saar, ningal pona varudam varil edha urile irundingal?? Anaal adhu mattum illai - Adhai avar eppadi uccharittharenru ninaikkaringal? ஐ கெனாட் க்யுவ் ச்பீச் யின் தமில் சொ ஐ மச்ட் ச்பீக் யின் யிஙலிச் வொன்ளி. Thalaile aduchikka kai poravillai! But that is how we "educated" Indians are.
    ANNA i never take part in any func even when my mother keeps complaining .............u know why...........not coz iam stubborn or feeling myself superior...........its coz i hate the way both parents and kids act..............

i feel

INDIANS................????????? inga eezha thamizhargal mathiyilum idhe kodumai thaan
    Anbe Sivam

Post Thanks / Like
    my parents r quite worried about me and my brothers .............or they r much more worried about me...............
    About what, if you don't mind my asking?
    WELL my mother feel like iam totally "crazy"..........she feels and complain about my attitude ............say that i dont fit for this "world", feel iam too religious and too conservative.................which i deny. hates my ideas and thoughts ...............i tried explaining myself, but ...................my words sounds like "singhalese" to them!

my bros say that iam sentimental fool and wasting my time on silly things like speaking for eelam, tamil and humanity and etc, but they r much better than anyone ..............though they dont understand me.............they support me!

for my father...............iam out of date and "one way road"............so communication cut

totally they wonder how am i gonna survive in this ...........oh no "their" world!
    Anbe Sivam

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crazy, you are living those beautiful, idealistic years of youth when anything substandard irritates, nauseates & makes you protest, rebel & resist. Not all are 'burdened' with such a 'pure' soul. Yes, I say burdened because it hinders such people to get along easily with the majority. In course of time, a few years, as you grow older your tolerance level will increase & you will learn to keep your irritations under control. The most you can wish for is to be allowed to be yourself with all your ideal outlook without being forced to compromise drastically with what goes against your nature. I wish you all luck & fortitude. Cheer up, spirits cant be broken so easily. Even if the whole world laughs at you never be ashamed of your good beliefs. Hold on to them. Be strong, feel strong. That is the way to live!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketboy
    True,the refugee camps reek of negligence .True other countries like England,Canada and some Scandinavian countries play host too . No denying that . But we are not as rich as the other countries.
    Rocketboy,

I am not going to talk about whether or not we should intervene - that is too sensitive to discuss on this hub. But we can surely talk about how we are treating the refugees. Even if we are not rich, there is a lot we can do. We can give them citizenship in India. We can give them permanent homes, rather than putting them in horrible reeking refugee camps. We can let them integrate fully into the society of Tamil Nadu. They will be very happy to do it. We OWE them at least that. These people are our blood brothers, they are the same people as me and you. Even if north Indians don't see it that way, we as Tamils must.

I agree with Thangar Pachan. But the problem is not just the media. The main problems is that we Tamils from TN DO NOT CARE about what is happening to our brothers. We can make a lot of excuses to justify ourselves, but the simple point is that we do not care. If we have our shallow material pleasures, it is enough for us. And since the media is only concerned with making a profit, they will pander to our shallow wants.

Thangar Pachan is very very right: naam ippo onrum seyyadhadhu oru akramam. Varumkaalam nammai manikkadhu. Ellotrukkum mel iruppavar nammai manikkamataar.

I feel very strongly about this topic. Ennaala summa irukka mudiyavillai. Sorry if I offended anyone.
    sure podalangai sir . Students who grew up in refugee camps were not allowed to pursue higher studies in colleges in TN once. I think this carpet ban was later revoked. A very positive sign . I welcome your views on citizenship .

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Podalangai Sir YOu spoke my mind !
    I had a chance to mingle with our brothers in a refugee camp sometime back. That camp is quite nearer to my town. Well. To behonest, the condition of the camp was very bad. and what is more irritating with our govt is they are building such camps in remote villages and other small towns and OUR MEDIA IS PROCLAIMING AS IF WE ARE HELPING OUR BROTHERS.

To be honest, We have not helped them even 10% truly !
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast