Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamil media - do they spread good values and culture

Post Thanks / Like

Tamil media - do they spread good values and culture

There are some Tamil Satelite channels but why does all the tamil channel Air only Movies and songs all the time and when given some spare time, they manage to telecast some serials which has no links to current scenarios ....

Why cant Tamil channels move a ahead and produce some documentaries and serials which can teach and inculcate some civilised values in our childrens and be concious about whats happenning arround the world than just hearing from Amma and Anna and then about some movie stars who are not even Tamil.

The Question here is do our Tamil media doing enough to inculcate the values and heritage of Tamil and also are they preparing the young tamils to be confident in facing the ever changing and fiercely competetive international environment..

Remember our competetion is not with rest of india but the rest of the world ..(Amritaraj, ramesh krishnan, Narain Karthikeyan, V.Anand, abdul kalam, R.chidambaram.... the list shoud grow.. isnt it?)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber devapriya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tamil Media

Friends,

Certainly Sun and other Networks are spreaing Superstitions, such as Billi Suniyam.

They also spoil Tamil by Pronunciations and Thinglish.

Devapriya

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The fundamental problem with tamils now is that they are not proud of themselves.And the tamil media is doing absolutely nothing to revive our pride.The recent controversy about 'karpu' following Kushbu's statement was so cheaply exploited by our media.
    This makes us even more embarrassed about our Identity.
    Vijay TV's 'sigaram thotta thamizhargal' was consoling though I'm very dissapointed with its anchor.
    And all the presently running so-called comedy shows are very demeaning & cheap. Has our sense of humor vanished?

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A much-needed topic of the hour! Hope we can create first an awareness about how low our tastes, concepts, manners, lifestyles, mindsets and recreation have become! ALL because of the 2 important wings of the powerful MEDIA, the SMALL SCREEN & the SILVER SCREEN! How do we project ourselves? Unashamed, insensitive, crass, unnatural & brainless!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    More feedback from our intelligent, discerning hubbers welcome on this topic!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with you pavalamani .... I beleive people who think alike should get together and use the same media as a platform to highlight these things. May be we can start raising this as a debate issue in various opportunities that we get, sensible people who are already in print media should atleast write an article or we as people should send feed back emails to topics that arise every quite often ...
    A good idea might be guys who are in sociology and reasearch can take this, not only as a research topic but also as responsibility towrads society.

Some may argue that these are individual interest and leave it up to individuals to choose what is good and bad for them .. but what they fail to "forsee" is - the implication of this will not be felt by just individuals but few years from now it would define the general society (a community as whole) and no individual will be able to escape form it - good, bad, intelligent & duffer -ALL will have to be a part of it.
    DevGUN -->"Every man dies but not every man really lives." -- Braveheart

Post Thanks / Like
    In this week's issue of Tamil weekly, Ananda Vikadan, Thangar Pachan in his interview about Eezam refugees & their problems very frankly describes the present scenario in Tamil Nadu, the people's level of awareness, sensitivity & the role of the MEDIA. I have quoted it another thread:

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewt...=6965&start=15

Senior Member Diamond Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tamil Media

Quote Originally Posted by devapriya
    Friends,

Certainly Sun and other Networks are spreaing Superstitions, such as Billi Suniyam.

They also spoil Tamil by Pronunciations and Thinglish.

Devapriya
    some yrs ago they used to telecast some seriels about Hindu Gods and Goddess.............my grandma used to watch them............i was totally against such seriel and asked my grandma to stop watching such craps where they misuse and come up with new ideas of ur culture and religion........................i never used to watch those craps............i boycotted them.

i know that only b'coz iam not watching such craps it doesnt gonna make any difference....................but i cant tolerate such seriels...............I HATE THEM............
    Anbe Sivam

Senior Member Diamond Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear PP amma (sorry i dont like calling maam),
    i couldnt read ur post in tamil..............is there anyway u can send me another link or sth. i really want to know, what he said

crazy.
    Anbe Sivam

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    very good topic..

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast