Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: ~SADA~ and her Movies

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sinthiya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

~SADA~ and her Movies

Let's discuss about Sada and her movies...

She has acted in movies starting with Jeyam, Aethiri, Priyasaki, Anniyan...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Some articles from the 'actress' thread....whatever I could find....
    Thanks Bay....

Fatherly troubles of Sada
    February 04, 2006

Beautiful, brainy and bold, yet Sada is not at the top like Trisha or Asin. What is holding her back? It is not luck; it is not adjustment from Sada nor is it machinations of her peers. It is simply her daddy. This ubiquitous man, who now manages Sada’s call sheets, stonewalls directors and producers who want to book Sada.

Look at Sada and he looks at you, smile at Sada, he frowns at you and speak to Sada and he replies to you. Enough is enough, say the industry people and they go to Trisha or Asin. That’s why they are at the top.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sada’s mantra for slim and trim figure
    February 13, 2006

Sada too is on diet. She checks her weight every day and then admires her own slim figure in the mirror. Sada has made up her mind that she will go to the top in Kodambakkam and she knows well that being slim is the in-thing in the industry today. On the sets of the Ajith starrer Tirupathi, she keeps aloof.

All her mobile calls are attended to by her father. Why does she not speak much? Well, her advice to herself is: speak less, you attract people. You raise the curiosity factor. As a line in one of the songs from Tirupathi goes Tirupathi Vandhaal Tiruppam Varum, Sada feels that Tirupathi will be a turning point in her career.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sada and her TV headache
    February 16, 2006

When she entered cinema, Sada said she would not even show her navel. However, after a few films, she showed her navel and thighs in Anniyan. In Priyasakhi, she went one step further in glamour. As movies go by, we wonder what else will be put on show. When watching her own films at home, the actress gets away on pretension of headache whenever her glamour scenes appear on screen. Other things that raise her headache: cigarette smoke and perfume smell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sada now in Sonia’s place
    March 01, 2006

For Director Jeeva and the producer Oscar Ravi of July Kaatru, it came as a rude shock—Sonia Agarwal walking out of the film after the producer had spent several lakhs on the photo session. Sonia had walked out saying that her marriage was on the cards. The producer had no choice but to look for some other heroine. Coming to know of this, Sada, who has no Tamil offers except Tirupathi in hand, offered her services. The producer has regained his confidence. But this time no photo shoot it seems. The second heroine is Model Tanisha.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Sinthiya.

Sada's Filmography

Tamil
    -----

Jayam
    Varnajaalam
    Ethiri
    Anniyan
    Priyasakhi

Telugu
    -------

June July
    Jayam
    Pranam
    Naaga
    Leela Mahal Centre
    Avunanna Kadanna
    Monalisa (Dubbed from Kannada)
    Donga Dongadi
    Chukkalo Chandrudu

Kannada
    --------

Monalisa

Upcoming Films

Tamil
    -----

Thirupathi - April 14th
    July Katru

Telugu
    ------

Veerabadra - April 14th

Kannada
    -------

Mohini 94488 58888

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can somebody please confirm when Monalisa will be dubbed into Tamil?

Just curious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Salmon
    Can somebody please confirm when Monalisa will be dubbed into Tamil?
    never...

its a poor movie anyways... if u just want the "hot scenes".. i can give it you... but its nothing more than what you see in Priyasakhi/Anniyan...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kidils
    Sada's Filmography....
    Thanks for the information...
    I didn't realize she had acted in many Telugu, Kannada movies....that's nice....

Post Thanks / Like
    “I am game for glamorous roles that have significance in the script” – Sada – Interview

A discovery of director Teja, Sada became an instant hit with her debut film Jeyam. Her subsequent films Varnajalam and Aethiree, though having good star cast did not fare well. The petite actress has pinned all her hopes on the prized bilingual project of Shankar - Anniyan where she has teamed up with the national award winner Vikram. Excerpts from her interview:

You made a big impact with your debut film Jeyam. But your subsequent films Varnajalam and Aethiree did not fare well. Why?
    Though both the films did not do commercially well, they gave me immense satisfaction as an actress. These films also gave me the opportunity of working with some lovely co-stars, from whom I learnt a lot. Every experience teaches you something; you just need to be sensitive enough to catch it. I took up Aethiree, because the role had a lot of scope to perform. I enjoyed playing the prankster who falls in love.

Your experiences with director Shankar.
    Wonderful!!! It was a great experience working with Shankar. I never even imagined in my dreams that I would be doing a film with my favourite director Shankar. It all happened in a tizzy and the film is complete now. Shankar is meticulous about everything and he always thinks big. Shankar lets you free on the sets. But at the same time, he never spares anyone until he gets the right shot even if you take thirty takes. He is a very efficient director. He is a relaxed person, yet very competently gets work done. Normally choreographers handle the songs and the director just observes, but in Shankar’s case he only handles the entire dance sequences.

Anniyan is completely a different movie and it is not a movie that has typical five songs and bit of crying, love and comedy.

What is the kind of role do you portray in Anniyan?
    I do have a significant role in Shankar’s magnum opus. I am acting as an Iyengar girl that has lot of scope to perform. It has come out really well and I am very happy about my performance.

How’s it working with Vikram?
    Vikram is a very special person. Both of us compete with each other on the sets. In Anniyan, Vikram is a lovable person and at the same time very wild too. While shooting some scenes he looks very frightful. Imagine how it would be for a person who has a heart full of love suddenly changes with the thirst to kill.

He respects and treats everyone equally on the sets. I think that is something extraordinary character about him.

Nowadays you seem to be at ease in glamour roles. Comment.
    I think you are talking about the Kannada film Monalisa. Out of seven Kannada offers, I chose Monalisa since besides glamour it also had enough scope for performance. It was a trend-setting film in Kannada and became a hit in Telugu too.

Though I was flooded with offers in Tamil and Telugu after my first film, I did not pick up whatever that came on my way. I want to be choosy. I am disinclined to glamorous roles without any substance. I am game for glamorous roles if the script demands.

I also intend to remain a multilingual actress and do concrete roles instead of repeating myself by sticking to one language.

What are your future projects?
    As of now, I am doing Priyasakhi with Madhavan.

You don’t seem to be caught in gossip mill….
    Ohhh……if there is a gossip you grill stars with questions, if it doesn’t come you are puzzled.

Hmmm… There are no eligible bachelors here in Tamil. Most of the heroes are married and happily settled. Why go behind a married man? I was just kidding ya! Don’t take it serious. Honestly speaking I am here to do my work – “acting”.

We heard you are short-tempered!
    Who said that? I am a bit sensitive person that’s all. Even if any one tries to fool me for fun, I cannot bear that. I would brush them with my famous dialogue (from Jeyam) “Poyya Po .. Po…”.

On Boyfriends...
    I do not belong to the period where gender is a criterion for making friends. But at the same time I am not the person who likes to spend time on talking over phone, partying or unnecessarily chit – chatting. That is one reason for me to have very few and good friends and to note they do not belong to the film industry even.

Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast