Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Town Talk - Talk about your Town

Senior Member Veteran Hubber bingleguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Town Talk - Talk about your Town

Hi All

The HUB is a place with a lot of ppl from different parts of the world !

Why dont we discuss about the places we were born or the place where we LIVE !
    Tell something abt ur town, its nature, its ppl, its temples, its history ...whatever ... Talk about your TOWN !

You can even chat with others to know better about their PLACE !

To begin with
    My home town is Tiruchirapalli (Thiru seeraa paLLi) which was previously called as Trichynopoly by the Britishers ! The city is nearly in the HEART of TAMIL NADU ! with Cauvery river beautifully adorning the city.

Some very famous temples like Srirangam, Rock Fort (Uchi Pillaiyaar kovil), Tiruvaanaikaval (The water(jhalam) sthalam among the Pancha Sthalam of Lord Shiva- Jambu Ligeswarar and Akilandeswari ambal), Very old n famous churches

Trichy as it is shortly called is very famous for education ! with KAPV Medical College, REC, SASTRA, St Josephs College, Bishop Heber College, SRC, HolyCross, IG n many more - to be noted educational institutions !

One famous landmark in Tiruchirapalli is the Rock Fort — a huge outcrop of rock. There is a Ganesha temple on top, which was also used as a military fort for some time.

Rock Fort is a 183-metre high rock which is the only outcrop in the otherwise flat land of the city. The Rock is one of the oldest in the world — approximately 3,800 million years old, which makes it as old as the rocks of Greenland and older than the Himalayas. On top of the rock is the Ucchi Pillayar Koil (temple of Ganesha at the top) , a temple dedicated to Vinayaka, from where one can enjoy a panoramic view of Tiruchirapalli.

For this reason the city is also called the Rock City. On the southern face of the rock are several beautifully carved cave temples of the Pallava period

Srirangam is called the Asian Mesapotamia - a land between the rivers Cauvery n Coleroon !

Many more to say ... but less space n time to write ....

Come out .. Say about your place of birth ... I really am feeling a sense of satisfaction after i ve talked about my place of birth .... u too will feel the same .. Pour in !
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    pala thaNNi kudichchavangka enna paNRathu? veLinaattula irukkiRavangka antha idangkaLaiyum varNikkattumE, Osiyaa oor suththipaakkalaamE!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pavalamani pragasam
    pala thaNNi kudichchavangka enna paNRathu? veLinaattula irukkiRavangka antha idangkaLaiyum varNikkattumE, Osiyaa oor suththipaakkalaamE!
    Solallame... thappilaye...

Naan ippo irukira nAtai patri en manathil pattathai 'ellam' sonnal, ennai palar kadithu kuthari viduvArgal...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup ... we can share about the places where u presently stay !

Dev ... appadi endha naatla irukeeya ?
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

Post Thanks / Like
    bingleguy,

Pls chk ur PM...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok ok

Anyways ... i guess we can change the topic to say "Town Talk - Talk about your Town" where we can talk about the places where we stay in too !

wat say guys ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Go ahead,bg...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Lambretta's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Say dev,
    y not u go ahead & talk abt ur hometown (Coimbatore?).....

starting from ur childhood days.......for good measure including the days w/ ur father's lambretta.......maybe sum anecdotes like, while riding on tat scooter, u visited so & so place in ur city, or so-and-so thing hap'd one fine day.......?

I'm sure we'd like to hear tat....I've never herd much abt Coimbatore until recently........

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber ssanjinika's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I come from Singara Chennai..whats there to say about it I wonder....hmm...
    I think the name says it all Singara Chennai

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sanguine Sridhar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ssanjinika
    I come from Singara Chennai..whats there to say about it I wonder....hmm...
    I think the name says it all Singara Chennai
    Well said .... Eventhough it is not as developed like other Metropolitan cities..Chennai has a very good collection of Intellectual citizens (Example Sridhar )

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast