Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drop sachin from Test Match

Senior Member Regular Hubber umaramesh's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Drop sachin from Test Match

I think he is not at all performing well right from srilankan tour(except one century )and total failure in pakistan and not up to the mark in current tour. He may be very useful in one day cricket where even short innings will turn the match away from the opponents plus his occasional bowling.

ramesh

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sachin has another 4 years left out ....

but what I wonder is the way, he has changed his approach...

He has achieved everything in life .....he can play more aggressively now as he has no pressure at all......

Probably the team management would have suggested him to play a more supportive role

but we fans are going to miss the entertainment..... if Sachin continues to play lik e what he used to during his early years....we can see another VIVIAN RICHARDS.....like innings....

but this may not happen...as he has become very defensive in his approach....

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am biased. Sachin gave us so much pleasure, pride and satisfaction (with the possible exception of Dhyan Chand), I would say that we should leave it to him the choice of quitting. I do not know how he took all that pressure when we did not have so many talented players. For the time being, I think Sehwag and Haribajan Singh are in a more susceptible position.
    Swarup

Post Thanks / Like
    Gddeswarup...

In today's commercial world, there is no ground for emotions....
    Look what happened to Steve Waugh and Mark waugh ....or for that matter Micheal Bevan....
    Or for that matter the great Mathew Hayden ! the monster....

Aussies are building a team for world cup and he is out already....

and Martin is another class player who is being closely watched !

Lets learn from Aussies

Senior Member Regular Hubber umaramesh's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Balaji
    You remember steve was ask to lead only Test matches. He even said I wil try to bounce back in one day squad. That is the scene prevailing in Australia. We still talking about Ganguly return.
    Right time sachin should quit from Test matches and make a way for kaif/yuvaraj. Hope MR.Greg Chappell will put pressure, otherwise he is very biased towards Ganguly.
    ramesh

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sanguine Sridhar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tendulkar is a legend.It would be embarrassing for the team management to drop him.He is a phoenix..He can come up at anytime.We will wait patiently.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Sridhar
    Tendulkar is a legend.It would be embarrassing for the team management to drop him.He is a phoenix..He can come up at anytime.We will wait patiently.
    ya.. Even I saw many goons telling the same before 2003 world cup.. At that time those people said We have sehwag.. then why should we have sachin

But in the 2003 world cup THE LION PLAYED THE GAME, BY RISING LIKE A PHOENIX AND LEFT THE MOUSES TO REMAIN AS A SILENT SPECTATOR
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Post Thanks / Like
    Selvakumar and Sanguine

Its a harsh truth that of late Sachin is not that consistent ....especially the crunch situation....
    the champion stuff in him ( i mean the sharjah aussie finals ) is missing now a days which makes every one to wonder whether he is the same old Sachin
    Sachin himself admits that he has been asked to play a very supportive role as a senior member...

Can you guys come out with any match for the last 2 years that Sachin either saved a match or won on his own...

whereas Yuvraj has improved by leaps and bounds and is showing maturity at highest level to perform

WHen it comes to Sachin somehow we all get emotional ........

I wonder why the same treatment is not meted out to Ganguly as well...

after all Ganguly has scored tons of runs in one dayers and in my opinion , at times was even better than Sachin as regards one day matches.....

here comes a prejudice and biased opinion ...on one personality and emotional attachment on other ...which is not fair ...

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well in my humble opinion Sachin has matured a lot and he has played international cricket for over 15 years till now. He is definitely not the same sachin as before but he can do a very good supporting role to the youngsters and he can provide an attacking role then and there when needed..i don think he should be dropped from the test squadwhich according to me is a bit harsh..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sanguine Sridhar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    AF ... I accept with you...!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast