Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unparalleled contribution from our Army Jawans - the Martyrs

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Unparalleled contribution from our Army Jawans - the Martyrs

Dear All,

While our lives are well secured, ever do we realise that there are lakhs of our dear Security personnel who actually form the edifice of our great Nation.....

Countless numbers have given their lives but none of us , except the concerned's relatives and friends will come to know ....

this is the harsh reality for an army Jawan but he does his job with a relentless pursuit.... that of protecting our nation..........

I wish to share with you all, the sad story of another great contributor to our country

I request you all to come forward and share with us , any of the brave achievers who had given their life for our country......

Let us share the sorrow of demise of this Great Hero.......................

Late Mr. Surjan Singh Bhandari

N.S.G. Commando

During The Attack on Akshardham temple on 24th September 2002 this Brave Man fought the greatest battle of his life. Yes he was the N.S.G. Commando Late Mr. Surjan Singh < PAN>, who sacrificed his life for the Nation. Sadly On 19th May 2004 he lost the Toughest an d Longest battle against life exactly after 600 Days being in Coma, he lost this life.

The Bullet which hit him in the head made him Unconscious for almost 600 days. His family members were hoping that one day their Hero will open his eyes but he didn't.

It was the Longest Wait for the family members of this Brave Man. When the whole India was busy in Guessing Who will be the Next PM of the country - Will it be Sonia or will it be Manmohan Singh, This man was fighting his Last battle. But it's so sad that in the hype of all the Political Drama, the News about his Death was Lost like a needle in a hay stack! Even the leading News Papers & So Called Best News Channels of India which Works on 24 X 7 basis, failed to highlight this story of the Brave Man. Unfortunately it was mentioned somewhere on the middle page of some newspaper.....This was the Reward for the Brave task for which he lost his life.

Besides his Family members, only one thing was there with him during those toughest 600 days. It was there near his bed till the last Moment. Can you guess what it was?............... It was the "Tiranga", yes! Our National Flag, which was saluting him for his Great cause. Absolutely No words can suffice our Gratitude towards him...

If news papers refuse to cover, TV channels refuse to cover, let us do our bit.

This is the only way we can salute his Bravery...

When you really desire something with your heart & soul, the
    entire universe conspires in helping you to achieve it..."

[/img]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber bingleguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets Salute Bravery !

Jai Hind !
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    salutations to all families
    which has borne
    scars deep in heart
    that can never be ripped apart

Salutations to all young wives
    who are haplessly helpless
    to ream their romantic dreams

Salutations to all young children
    whose thirst of knowledge is quenched
    with their father's patriotism

Salutations to all out there
    who spend sleepless days n nights
    betting their life
    to give us our rights.

Salutations to all jawans, captains, majors
    who care not for their precious lives
    care not for their sons or wives
    but for we unknown millions.

I BOW TO THESE MEN AND THEIR FAMILY.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    one of my friends is a major in the indian army

Post Thanks / Like
    Rocketboy...

Thanks.... Can you pl share with us about your friend's experience and about the life of Jawans

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    sure Mr balaji.

He is a Punjabi sardar and he works for the madras regiment.

for the moment i would like to share something about the siachen glacier.

From the conversations i had with him i infer ,no particular battalion is assigned the task of guarding the siachen glacier.Some of kind of job rotation. The temperature is extremely low over there. also it is a place frequented by scientists as materials fail or show some kind of regression
    to decay. so that obviously excites men of science. You get everything to eat. branded chocolates ,cheese, i mean the usual stuff. but the irony is they won't eat much for the fear of using toilets.I leave it at that. The people who work under him are mainly andhras and tamils. The morality and loyalty is very high. He once said people who work under him are ready to lay down their lives . i'll get in touch with him and add more .

Post Thanks / Like
    Rocket....Thanks for the info.....

I have also heard a little bit about Siachen glacier ....

It should be one of the sensitive access points for our neighbour to squeeze in ......

I understand, 100s of soldiers die every year especially at this point as its very difficult to survive at this freezing cool temperature....

but their mission continues

I also do have a distant relative and previously he was in Gorkha rifles ... a very remote area in North east border and he is ranked Major

Post Thanks / Like
    When our Parliament was attacked few years back, 2 of our jawans died in cross firing ......

and few were severely wounded...

Any idea on what happened subsequently

After the kargil battle, the bodies of some of the Jawans were sent to their native villages....

It was really consoling to see the army chief coming down town to pay his last respects to one of the dead as the entire village down South turned up to pay their final respects to the brave soldier who was killed in cross firing ...

It was an emotional moment and it appeared in TV also .......

Sad to note that the guy who lost his life was very very young

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sacrificing your life
    for what you know and what you don't,
    for what you love and what you don't,
    all for the nation that you are part of!

Salutes to the Indian Jawans for living and dieing with courage, selflessness, discipline and for leading the war from front.

I have lot of my close relatives in Army, Air force. My grandfather was in the Bhutanese Royal Army (pre-independence), one uncle was a Air force pilot, other Army Major, cousin's husband in war front communication. I tried to join but they didn't want me (not fit) .

Post Thanks / Like
    Thankyou Balaji Sir for opening this thread, to offer our respect & salutations to the brave people who have served our nation-

My father retired from the Indian Army as a Lt. Colonel- infact, he could have acquired much higher positions had it not been for his health- he is a heart patient.

I have great respect for the Army but one thing that needs to be changed is the salary scale- I hate to confess it but the Army Officers are nothing but Glorified Beggars- in my childhood, there has always been shortage of money- we have other facilities like Oderlies who clean even your shoes, groceries, provisions, special discount at textile shops& even Pearl shops but yeah. money, liquid cash is always short.

That was why I never joined the Army though I had cleared NDA.

My father, because of his illness got just one Field Posting in his entire Army life.

More later................
    got to run.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast