Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do any one know the Tamil Word for INCUBATOR ?

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Do any one know the Tamil Word for INCUBATOR ?

Do any one know the Tamil Word for INCUBATOR ?

I want to know the equivalent word for incubator as in :

1. new born babies kept in INCUBATOR ?
    2. we have started a new TECHNOLOGY INCUBATOR in our college ?

CAN ANY ONE HELP ME WITH THIS ?
    Ashok

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Would suggest KathaKapagam, Kathakapukoodu

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Tamil Name for INCUBATOR?

TAMIL Name for INCUBATOR?

Why this Head-breaking Exercise...

.... to CREATE a new NAME for a New INVENTION?

.... What is the necessity?

Just think awhile on our past experience...

... on such FUTILE ENDEAVOUR ! !

Even illiterate People call... even now... after some centuries....

.... only in the near Original forms of English or Arabic.. in practice.

... irrespective of an IMPOSITION of translated TAMIL names.

For Example.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Original .................Tamil-Translation..................... Name in Vogue
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Bus ...........................PAERUNDHU.............. ...................... PUSSU ....

Bus-Stand................PAERUNDHU NILAIYAM................PUSTAENDU

Railway Station ....PUHAI-VANHDI NILAIYAM........ RAYIL TAESUN

Park (Rly Stn)........ POONGA.......................................... PAARK TAESAN

Engineer....................PORHIYAALHAR.......... ....................INJINEEYARU

Supervisor............... MAELAALHAR...................................SOOPR AESARU

Jilla (District).......... MAAVATTAM................................... JILLAH

Taluq.......................... VATTAM............................................ THAALUKA

Engine.........................IYANTHIRAM......... .............................INJINU

Hospital.......................MARUTHUVA-MANAI......................AASPITHALU

Similarly if we say "KANINI" for Computer,

... how many people understand it...(.even amongst Tamilians)?...

... better than calling it as COMPUTER ...itself...?

... So to say...in its Original form of Language... whatever be.!!

Similarly people of other States translate in their Language, how can it be understood if all such different people discuss at one meet... even if they discuss through any Indian Non-English media.

We have adequately well-experienced in such conglomerations...!

....when a Tamilian says MINSAARAM...

... Telugus...... VIDHYUTH-SAKTHI....

....Hindiwalahs........ BIJLI....

.... For one and the same well-known word : ELECTRICITY....!!.

English people have NOT translated the Tamil Word KATTU-MARAM..

.... But call it as CATAMARON....

.... which term has been added to their Dictionary too !!

So..Why should we not call it as.... INCUBATOR... in all the Languages?

Why should we not be realistic on this matter, as advised by Rajaji?
    Most INVALUABLE TREASURE is.. Time.
    Spend it MEANINGFULLY Spread effectively.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Additional Tamil-word by Translation? View PATTI-MANRAM

Further on this Subject, I have initiated a PATTI-MANRAM-1...

TRANSLATION or TRANSLITERATION ....?

So to say.... COMPUTER or KANINI

.... Which is best in our interests?

You are invited to view the relevant postings there and comment or criticise or respond as you feel proper.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

incubator

incubator - Á¸ô§À¨Æ

By the way, in Malaysia - Singapore, a purer version of Tamil is spoken by the Tamil-speaking Indians (not necessarily all of them are Tamils by origin, there are Malayalees and Telugus and others also). There are posters having the word 'pErunthu" in our buses. Our radio and tv stations use "vaanoli" "tholakkaatchi". Phrases such as "olioLi" are heard often.

A board at the entrance of temple says: kaalaNikaLai ingkE vidduch chellavum". Temple committee calls itself: aalaya mELaNmaik kuzu". We do not use the word committee unless speaking in English. When we speak Malay, we do not use the word: committee. We use the Malay word. We do not mix up.

But our South Indian foreign workers here use more English words than English graduates here when speaking Tamil. "Intha temple-le innikku food irukkaa?" and not " kOvillE prasaatham irukkka". Indian maids rarely speak a Tamil sentence without a few English words.
    Not kuzanthaikkup paal thiirnthuduchchu" but "baby food finish aachchu". These category of workers are corrupting the Tamil here - not deliberately of course!!

I have today's MALAYSIA NANBAN: A news item reads:

"þí¸¢Ä¡óÐ ¸¡¾Ä¢ìÌ ±Ø¾¢Â ¸Ê¾õ Òò¾¸Á¡¸ ¦ÅǢ¢¼ôÀθ¢ÈÐ - §ÀÃý ±¾¢÷ôÒ, ¸¡ÅÄШÈ¢¼õ Ò¸¡÷!" (Á§Äº¢Â ¿ñÀý)

§À¡Ä¢º¢ø Ò¸¡÷ ±ýÚ ±Ø¾¡¾ ¿ñÀÛìÌô À¡Ã¡ðÎì¸û.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think sudhaama sir can't help himself in spraying his scent here too. The goal here is to find an appropriate word that satisfy the Incubator in Tamil but he (Sudhaama) proves his inability once again.

What about "adaippeddi"? I would have helped myself with "adaikaakum petti" as I seldom use Tamil in the part of world where I am living and it is also not at all required.

bis_mala,
    you are write when you say that the Indian-Tamil-Speakers face more problems in speaking Tamil than the Tamils from other nations. From my last trip to Sri Lanka I learned that Tamil Tigers force the People to take care of speaking pure Tamil for example like Kanthoor instead of aapis. It is not LTTE forcing them, I should better say that they show very much interest that the Tamils speak correct Tamil.

What will be the "INCUBATION (time, period)" in Tamil?

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Incubation - Adaikaathal
    Incubate - Adaikaaru
    Incubation time/period - Adaikaathal Naeram

TRANSLATION or TRANSLITERATION ....?
    If the target language is capable of translation then it is definetly preferred, for nouns we may transliterate for non native stuffs if a suitable translation is not available, but for verbs I belive we have to translate, that is the way all languages have been growing.

Post Thanks / Like

more

incubation period: (diseases) °ýÚ¸¡Äõ, ÅÇ÷¿¢¨Äì ¸¡Äõ,

incubation time: (non diseases) «¨¼¿¢¨Äì ¸¡Äõ

incubator (for animals and birds) - «¨¼¸¡ôÒô§À¨Æ

Post Thanks / Like

praiseworthy

honey bee.

Tigers force the People to take care of speaking pure Tamil for example like Kanthoor instead of aapis.
    A good service to Tamil, praiseworthy. Thanks for the info.
    ================================================== ==================

to "anti-translators" of Tamil:

It is important that we use Tamil words when speaking Tamil. We have to guard ourselves in this respect when we are speaking Tamil on a formal occasion, as when giving a talk or writing an essay for others to read in any media. We should use Tamil terms such as kaNini for computer when teaching a class in Tamil It is not proper to use Tamil terms when talking English/Chinese/Malay/French or whatever and it is also not proper to use other language words when speaking/writing Tamil. If you do not know, you should come back to what is proper as soon as you are informed or you come to know it.

As to cracking your head on the exercise of translation, if you think you will crack up, then take a rest and let others do it. Others may have the inclination and disposition to do so adeptly. There may also be some who may crack up if they do not translate.

Do you know that the ordinary Chinese does not use Eng. words like car and telephone like the Tamils do when speaking Tamil.!! Even the Malays and Indons do not say "expressway" but "lebuhraya!" They use adapted English words (Police > polisi or polis) when they do not have one. Certainly, your love for Tamil is not lower than their love for their mother-tongue!!

Óý§É¡÷ ±ò¾¨É ±ò¾¨É ¾Á¢ú¡ü¸¨Çô À¨¼òÐ ¿Áì¸Ç¢òÐûÇÉ÷!
    «Å÷¸û Ò¾¢Â ¦º¡ü¸¨Çô À¨¼ò¾Ç¢ò¾¢Ã¡Å¢ð¼¡ø, ¿õ ¦Á¡Æ¢ ±ùÅÇ× À¢üÀðÎì ¸¢¼ó¾¢ÕìÌõ ±ýÀ¨¾ ±ñ½¢ôÀ¡÷츧ÅñÎõ. ¿¡õ þòШÈ¢ø §º¡õ§ÀÈ¢¸Ç¡ö þÕì¸ìܼ¡Ð.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pardon me for the digression, what is the root for madhiyanam,madiyam noon/afternoon ? is it sanskrit based or as usual sanskrit getting it from Tanil ?, madhiya is also found in words like Madhyapradesh in north India

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast