Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Best Songs of Ilaiyaraja

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

10 Best Songs of Ilaiyaraja

I think it would be interesting to know everybody's Best Ilayaraja numbers. You may have hundreds of them. It’s very understandable. But pls make a list of your 10 most favourite Ilayaraja songs of all time. I want to know which year songs get more mentions i.e. 80’s or 90’s and like that.

This is my list, (alphabetically):
    Ayiram malargale - Niram Maaraatha Pookkal (79)
    Dhoorathil naan kanda - Nizhalgal (80)
    Enge naan kaanben - Saathanai (86)
    Engiruntho azhaikkum - En Jeevan Paaduthu (88)
    Oru kili uruguthu - Ananda Kummi (83)
    Paartha vizhi - Guna (91)
    Sevvanthi pookkalil seitha veedu - ?
    Sindhu nadhikkaraiyoram - Nallathoru Kudumbam (79)
    Thamthana namthana thaalam -
    Thennageethum thendral - Mudivalla Arambam (84)

Anybody interested?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber svaisn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    manyu

very difficult to come with a list
    Karthik -Happy Illa

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know it's very very difficult. Pls try.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    One from each of his 800 hundred movies is a top one. This do not include the BGMs of that movies.... Then the list will be very long man.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber swathy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    impossible .

10 drops from the ocean.
    pala
    vedikkai manidharaip pole - naan
    veezhve nendru ninai thayo?

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    perum kadalai siru kamandalathukkuL adaikkum valai. nammaal mudiyaadha kaariyam

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    just to jump in ship...

I know choosing 10 out of soooo many would even perplex even renouned musicians all over the world...

Here is my top 10.... based on my current mood... dont be amazed I missed a lot of popular ones.... I am going to list a few unpopular ones... which I find extremely soothing when i listen to them in my car....
    NOT IN ANY ORDER THOUGH..

1. Unnai Nan Parkayail.....
    (Dont know the movie name)

Asha and SPB ... just rock in this song... rigt from the prelue to the konjals of Asha.. this is a treat to hear.. My only complaint is SPB couldnt find the range in this song.. he almost sings out of tune .(in the lines varthai thedum kadhal ragam).... other than that .. perfect in every sense ..... My fiance's fav as well..

2. Thendral Varum ...
    (Paaru Paaru Pattan Paaru)

Soothing melody at its best .... SPB crooons his way to our heart.... .impeccable delivery and off course Janaki ..matches him step to step.... I dont know anything about the movie.. but I think it should have been Mohan.... just listen to the lines "en vasal engum poomazhi" ...

3. Engengo Sellum
    (Pattakathi Bhaviravan)

Only IR can provide such saranams....I havent heard something like this ever since tfm was conceived....Janaki especially is in her elements... I think she makes the song more appealing than SPB..... whoever the director was.. hats off to him for extracting such a beauty from IR...

4. Oh Vasantha Raja
    (Neenga Kettavi)
    IR & BR are like perfect foil to each other...the song starts of in a grand manner.... tones itself down to beautiful fusion.... SPB is marvelous with his diction.... I saw the picturisation recently .. didnt feel justified... but so are most of IR's songs.... This one is a gem

5. Anthi Varum Neram...
    (Mundhanai Mudichu)

I think we have underestimated KBR ear for music.. most of his movies have great songs.. This is one a particular fav for the way its starts... I attended a marriage recently .. and when the bride was stepping into the marriage hall.. out of nowhere they played this beauty ... I was in goosebumps.... the prelude and the entrance of the bride was something you just have to experience..... Amazinggg..
    SPB I salute you for this one...

6. Parthethena Parvai Unnai...
    (Naangal)
    I think I were to choose a fav song for the best duets in TFM.. I would nominate this song... no doubt.. just for its sheer delight and presentation .. SPB was throughly enjoying himself.. and Chitra.. was giving him a fight for the money.... this song is a wonderful experience for anybody in lov....lovers outthere check it out...

7. VaruVai Anbe...
    (Gharjanai)

Is this a Rajni starrer..... One thing that stumps me about this song is the male's voice...There is some ruggedness about that guy .. which keeps me hooked to this song... not to lay low IR'S beauty in the charanam's ...Jananki as usual plays her to perfection..

8. Vegam Vegam
    (Anjali)
    It still perplexes me.... how MR left IR after such a score as Anjali.. perhaps.. its all fate that ARR had to be born which is a boon as well... Every song in Anjali deserves a seperate thread .. I am not that competent in music to comment on their greatness.. but this song somehow hooks me becos of the pace.... ( the pace isn anjali anjali was also mindblowing).... the singing was pepppyyyy .. the interludess...were second to none...esp the flowing violins.. during every interludes and then the way the violins merges in tot he charanams.. is a delight to hear and experieince... IR.. you are the greatest .. I bow to you ....

9. Illavattum
    (My Dear Marthandan)

MDM is a movie where IR just freaked out .... this movie must have been composed when he was at the best of his moods.. every song was a peppy .. a joyous ride ..... This song stands out for the orchestration .. guitars.. fly all over.. voilins greet their grandiose arrival....SPB... what can I say .... you leave me basking for more ...... pure delight....

10. Enuyire Vaa
    (Poonthonta KavalKaran)...
    Till recently I never bothered to reached for this song.. .but when I heard it ... the sheer rythm and pace of the song leaves you in a euphoric state.... chitra deserves a special mention ..the way she starts of the song.. and SPB .. he seems to be in his elements here..

well the TOP 10 .. 9right now on my mind) are up .. I thought I will list one more song .. which my Fiance's fav.....

11. Kathirunthen Thaniye...
    (Some Prashanth's movie)
    Beautiful melody ... lover's paradise....
    IR I salute you again....

Thats all folks

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's impossible to limit to 10, even if a specific genre is attempted

endRAlum, as a small diversion, it doesn't hurt to make a list and have some fun...

1. enna saththam indha nEram (SPB, punnagai mannan)
    2. madai thiRandhu (SPB, nizhalgal)
    3. vizhiyilE malarndhadhu (SPB, bhuvanA oru kELvikkuRi)
    4. pAdavA, un pAdalai? (SJ, recording theater version in nAn pAdum pAdal)
    5. sheNbagamE, sheNbagamE (AB, enga ooru pAttukkAran)
    6. thenpANdiththamizhE, en singArakkuyilE (KJY/KSC, pAsappaRavaigaL)
    7. kuzhaloodhum kaNNanukku (KSC, mellaththiRandhadhu kadhavu, IR working with MSV...if that's not acceptable, then `ninnukkOri vaRNam' from agni nakshathram)
    8. sendhoorappoovE (SJ, 16 vayadhinilE)
    9. vetti vEru vAsam (MV/SJ, mudhal mariyAdhai)
    10. kaNNA unaiththEdukiREn vA (SPB/SJ, unakkAgavE vAzhgirEn)

doesn't mean there are not others...in fact there are 100's that equal these (quick example is iLaya nilA, but I avoided listing that as my mind wants to jump to that extraordinary postlude and lose a little focus midway). However, I won't say those are `better' than these but can only 'equal' these...Reason? I can hear all these 100's of `equals' 1000's of times and still not feel bored...i.e from the start to the end...can keep playing on repeat mode for hours on the car...ennavO oru eeeeeerppu indhappAttukkaLil...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear all,
    Just 10 songs nu solla mudiyavillai.Nannae ten ten a solli indha thread aiyae fill panniduven.

1.Endhan kannil - Guru

2.Kannan oru kai
    kuzhandhai - Badhrakali

3.Nyan Nyan adanam - Poondhalir

4.Nanae naana - Azhagae unnai aradhikiren

5.Megam kottatum - Enakul oruvan

6.Oorurangum samathile - Pudhu patti ponnu thayi

7.Nenjukulae - Ponnumani

8.Ennai thalata varuvalo - Kadhaluku mariyadhai

9.Pon manae kobam yeno - Oru kadhiyin dairy

10.Sundhari kannal oru sedhi - Dhalapathi

list is going on....................