View Poll Results: Do u think aging has great emotional impact?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nopes. I know i can deal with it cooly.

2 10.53%
  • Its tough. I had a tough time combating and accepting

4 21.05%
  • Its silly to worry about aging. Its inevitable.

13 68.42%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dealing with aging facts

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dealing with aging facts

We all go thro it.

Ive read stories during my teens and laughed at it.
    Always felt,

"WHAT BIG DEAL, cant it be accepted gracefully"?

It pains to know, WE ARE AGING after all!

I happen to notice it 3 to 5 months back....... minute differences in texture of skin, greying here and there...... and definitely face started showing signs of aging.

Ive always been used to being praised for 'young-looks' until 5 months back, when I started noticing, how praises are reducing.
    Its difficult. Ive secretly CRIED many times in these 5 months

I gave auto-sugesstions and that made it lil easy.......... i know its got to be accepted. I finally FACED IT.

I should say, now i have tackled and accepted it finally, THAT, YES, I AM AGING. LEMME ACCEPT IT. No regrets too.

PPl can share their experiences if any or give suggestions to overcome the phase.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Lambretta's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dealing with aging facts

Quote Originally Posted by Shakthiprabha
    Ive read stories during my teens and laughed at it.
    Always felt,
    "WHAT BIG DEAL, cant it be accepted gracefully"?
    Exactly how I too hv felt abt it!
    Which is y I nearly always scoff at my mum (whoz 61) when she spends every sunday applying hair dye!

I happen to notice it 3 to 5 months back....... minute differences in texture of skin, greying here and there...... and definitely face started showing signs of aging.
    Well, I feel it pains all the more to notice ur getting grey hairs even b4 u actually start aging!
    It happens to be very common nowadays even among ppl. below 30, esp. believe it or not, in the case of urs truly!

Post Thanks / Like
    lambretta,

Grey hair is not the only aging factor

There are things like...

ur skin texture loosening and showing ur age. U would know bout it when exactly during middle age of 35

Post Thanks / Like
    lambretta,

Grey hair is not the only aging factor
    Yea SP I know, tats wat makes me feel pained.....since I'm not even 'old' enuff to start aging......

Post Thanks / Like
    I should tell one thing.

Once u start aging, we think about HOW SILLY we were. Its more matured life. Its nice in a way. Unperturbed by too many unwanted thinking.

Why do u WANNA start aging?

Have u heard of avvaiyar?

Post Thanks / Like
    I should tell one thing.

Once u start aging, we think about HOW SILLY we were. Its more matured life. Its nice in a way. Unperturbed by too many unwanted thinking.

Why do u WANNA start aging?

Have u heard of avvaiyar?
    Um.....I think I hav......but no I don't wanna start aging yet! I'm nortr even married yet!
    It jus can;t happen neways since I'm only 24!
    Hmm...but not all ppl. who start aging take it in the right spirit o course...
    Neways, I'll hav to log off for now, gtgo get sum sleep! Cyl.....

Senior Member Senior Hubber goodsense's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Severe stress can cause premature aging and make you look even ulgy. I have been through this. During stressful periods, people do not even eat healthy, take care of bodies, have no motivation to do so etc.

When things get back to normal, you can still see streaks of the premature aging, like damage done to texture of skin etc. We see it because we know ourselves best, but others can't see it. Some people have the tendency to look younger than they actually are and boy wasn't for degree of stress I am sure many people would keep putting me about 10 years younger

Premature aging hurts more than natural aging and it hurts even more when insult is added to injury.

people in the west overall tend to look younger when compared to their age groups in third worlds countries. I realized than when I was in South America recently. A few small days school mates still around looked like my aunts. They would not put me over mid 20's (like some people in the west) but I am.

I hate seeing older women trying to look younger in the sense that they would wear teanage clothing and don't nat tio act like moms and so on. But then, you don't know what these poor souls are trying to make up for :P

If you learn to love yourself and take as much care possible, you can look as young as you want to be and feel and possibly die when you want.

It is due to these changes in aging, that they say, as you get older, external beauty means little and in the end, it is not what counts.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Each age has its own beauty...Afterall, we didn't have any say on our looks when we were born... God gave it to us & he can take it anytime he wants to... Not only by the ageing process but even otherwise...

Rather than worrying abt beauty, I would be worried if I find myself not being healthy as I age... I wish I be in good health atleast until I'm 70 as I've planned a lot for my retirement years...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Senior Member Senior Hubber goodsense's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry if I sound a bit too peevish Having high fever, came home early to get to bed, but felt a little lonley and bored after a short nap.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shakthi, learn to love the aging process, the grace, the reverence, the "glow" it brings along. As dev rightly said transfer your concern to health, everything else follows amicably. kaay pazuththa pirakuthaan rusi!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast