Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Religious Doubt

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pavalamani pragasam
    You hit the nail on the head, Shekhar!
    Come on PP madam! We are going back to your old thread I suppose.

There are two types of people-One look for easy solutions to get away from a problem[may I say,like mercy killing? ].The other keeps a small spark of hope in their breast,keep blowing to make a fire out of it.The second type always wins in the end.

I always wonder about those people who committed suicide in Mumbai,when they came to know that they had AIDS.What if a fully effective medication is invented in a short time for AIDS?

It may not be the same with some terminally ill patients.But most of these guys deserve to live.They prefer assisted suicide because they love their dear ones so much they do not want to see them suffer too.

And if Euthanesia is allowed to land in India,be sure that there is going to be a drastic drop in life expectancy.I cant imagine getting injected with lethal drugs after having common cold!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blahblah, I am as much alive to your dread about the abuses as you are!!!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish to state as my final post,

I am sure BLAHBLAH and other folks out here, realise that there is WORLD OF DIFF between mercy killing resorted to when one is a vegetable at a ripe old age and injecting lethal drugs for common cold for a young vibrant individual or even cutting someone into two with AXE

EVERY ARGUMENT has CLAUSES.

If argument is TAKEN GENERALLY WITHOUT ADHERING TO CLAUSES I am clueless to talk more on it.

Good luck to the old soul which alan mentioned and may god be with it.

As this thread is too sensitive to talk about intensely personal issues, I STOP MY ARGUMENT here.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    As always, you have an intelligent & charming way of putting things, Shakhi mam........lethal drugs for common cold- lol!

As you said, this is my final post on this issue to..........some people simply don't want to understand or they just want to keep arguing for the wrong reasons. I'm not going to be one of them. Neither are you.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Man wants to end son's agony

Man wants to end son's agony

Realising that his son's chances of survival are slim, Muthu Pandi thought euthanasia was the best option

DINDIGUL: He loves his son, but he wants him dead. The father of a 15-year-old boy who is suffering from thrombosis, anaemia and haemophilia has filed a "mercy killing petition" with the District Court in Dindigul. The Fast Track Court Judge, S. Manoharan, received the petition and advised the District Legal Services Authority to forward it to the District Social Welfare Department for further action and necessary help.

The petitioner, M. Muthu Pandi, a carpentry worker residing in Chitharevu village in Dindigul district, pleaded for euthanasia to end the agony of his son, Suriya Prabakaran, a Class X student of the Government Higher Secondary School in Chitharevu. For the last ten years, Prabakaran has been suffering from haemophilia. Medical reports of various hospitals in Madurai and Bangalore state that he suffers from mucosal bleeding, where blood continues to flow after a cut or injury without clotting. Periodical blood transfusion, a highly expensive treatment, is necessary for survival.

Muthu Pandi knocked at the doors of several government departments and non-governmental organisations. He sent petitions to the Chief Minister's Grievances Cell and the office of the President of India. He also approached political leaders and affluent people for help. Unfortunately, he got little help.

Realising that his son's chances of survival are slim, Muthu Pandi thought euthanasia was the best option. The law was a hurdle, and he decided to move the court. The petition was drafted by Prabakaran himself. Prabakaran's mother had died of haematosis.

Courtecy: K.Raju's article in The Hindu

As I read it first I thought a good case for euthanasia but as I read furthur it seemed as a case of man's reluctance to help the one's in need.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456