Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Religious Doubt

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Religious Doubt

Well, mostly hindu poojas etc are done to ensure long life & properity etc. Can someone tell me if there's a pooja or something that can actually take away life?

My friend's grandmother is old & bedridden. The family is wishing for her easy & fast death, because she's suffering a lot now.

Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    U should ask poojaris. They would know these things better. Be sure to ask the right person, else they may loot money.

I think definteily there are poojas for early death too. not sure

my prayers for that old lady's soul.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Lambretta's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm......religious mercy killing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Stop being such a cynic, Lamby. Would you want your grandmom to be bedridden for years, unable to do anything by herslf & live like a vegetable?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, no doubt a wonderful opportunity for quacks to make a quick buck. Maybe it is time for the gemologists, the nameologists, the numerologists, the vastu proponents and all the others of similar ilk to give way to religous euthunasia-gists!!!
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan
    Stop being such a cynic, Lamby. Would you want your grandmom to be bedridden for years, unable to do anything by herslf & live like a vegetable?
    I wasn't intending to be cynical.....I jus feel tat even tho the person suffering is living wat isn't worth calling a life, wishing tat he/she die asap sumhow sounds so....pitiful!
    But, IMHO, if she is likely to die neways, y not jus leave her to die on her own rather than 'making' it happen quicker, religiously or otherwise?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sbadri99
    Hmm, no doubt a wonderful opportunity for quacks to make a quick buck. Maybe it is time for the gemologists, the nameologists, the numerologists, the vastu proponents and all the others of similar ilk to give way to religous euthunasia-gists!!!
    True Badri! Altho I doubt if they agree to perform nething tat makes a person die....? I thot only those "manthravaadhis" who perform dark magic like "shoonyam" spells etc. (as shown in films/serials) r capable of doing this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, if one really wants to, there are things called "maarana homams" which they say can cause an enemy to be terminated. But in most cases, it is based on enmity, not on mercy. So, you are right, even if it is true and possible, no one would willingly agree to do it.
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alan I would say you should pray for peace to her soul rather than for her quick death.

Also try to make her last days as fun as possible (or less pain as it may be). No good poojari will do a pooja for a loved ones dead.

Even poojas for SHATHRUSAMHARAM (destruction of enemy) only strengthens you to destroy your enemy. In short you have to put in the hard work yourself.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've heard that the so called "Shatru samharam " will destroy the 'enemy' in the sense not cause death, but destroy the enemity, which means you'll become friends with him...............true?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast