• Baazi Laga

1 2.08%
  • Jaage Hain

6 12.50%
Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: A.R.Rahman - Mani Rathnam - Rajeev Menon - GURU

Senior Member Devoted Hubber ansa400's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a serious doubt whether this film is goin to be dubbed into tamil or is it a bilingual? Can any1 pls clarify this.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mani starts shoot!

By Moviebuzz | Tuesday, 28 March , 2006, 10:49

Mani Ratnam has started the shoot of his new Hindi film Guru quietly with hardly any publicity at Chennai’s Binny Mill near Perambur. Scenes featuring Abhishek Bachchan are being canned and nobody is allowed inside the sets.
    It is nearly two years since Mani’s bilingual Yuva and Ayutha Ezhuthu released and we understand that for health reasons he is trying to keep the shoot in Chennai as much as possible.

The others in the cast like Aishwarya Rai may join the shoot only in Mumbai location in April. A.R.Rahman has already delivered two songs for the film.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14171484
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Senior Member Senior Hubber rayan36's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally it’s Maddy in Manirathnam’s Guru
    April 12, 2006

Madhavan is quite perturbed by the recent rumours that he had refused to act in a Manirathnam film. He said to be associated with a Manirathnam film is a matter of pride and he would give his right arm for a role. Manirathnam is currently in Turkey, shooting for his Hindi film “Guru’. The initial star cast included Abhishek Bachan, Vivek Oberoi, and Aishwarya Rai. However, following the recent spilt with Ms Ash, Vivek Oberoi opted out of the movie. Efforts to replace the gap with Saif Ali Khan or John Abraham (both good friends of Vivek Oberoi) turned futile, leaving Mani in a quandary. Finally, Mani approached Maddy who was quick to sign the film, even without any inkling of the script. Some scenes with Abhishek Bhachan have already been shot in Binny Mills, Chennai.

Madhavan is quite excited to be cast in a Manirathnam film again, and throws no tantrums about playing second hero. In fact, in Rang de Basanti, he wasn’t cast in the lead role, but still people just loved him as a ‘fighter pilot’. He reminisced his previous experiences in Alaipayuthe and Kannathil Muthamittal, and remarked working in a Manirathnam film is both a treat and a learning experience. Maddy boy is off to London on a fitness regime, where he will shed a few pounds, and then make a beeline for Turkey to resume shooting for his ‘portions’ in “Guru', which is likely to be the end of this month

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-mov...-06-maddy.html

Is he really in RDB WOW
    AR RAHMAN - 'One note of the divine concord'

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Folks,

I used to be a moderate fan of ARR. But I don't think anyone can hide from the fact that he is struggling now to regain his touch. Looks to me he forgot his music since he went international in year 2000. Sorry to see this happenning. He has to get his basics right. Avoid gimmicks, give genuinly good music like the ones that I have stated earlier.

Heard Theyil Vizhundha Thena - Sounds like he is in a depression/drug addiction. He has also sort of lost his voice a bit. So monotonous, no variation. Sorry its not the same ARR who gave us the Narramughayee or Vandhematharam.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber svaisn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doraip
    Folks,

I used to be a moderate fan of ARR. But I don't think anyone can hide from the fact that he is struggling now to regain his touch. Looks to me he forgot his music since he went international in year 2000. Sorry to see this happenning. He has to get his basics right. Avoid gimmicks, give genuinly good music like the ones that I have stated earlier.

Heard Theyil Vizhundha Thena - Sounds like he is in a depression/drug addiction. He has also sort of lost his voice a bit. So monotonous, no variation. Sorry its not the same ARR who gave us the Narramughayee or Vandhematharam.

Y dont yu change this otta record...

no one is ready to listen to u

and u have made this statement 101 times.....
    Karthik -Happy Illa

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    A couple of days back,the TV channel ETV-Kannada covered the shooting of 'Guru'on location in Badami(a place of Historical importance in Karnataka)in it's news bulletin between 8.30pm to 9pm.

Scenes of Abhishek&Aishwarya getting married was being shot.Also saw Sachin Khandekar&another actress who is a familiar face in Hindi serials.

According to the news correspondant,the film is a love story against the backdrop of the 1857 Sepoy Mutiny.
    Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    CineFan wrote:
    According to the news correspondant,the film is a love story against the backdrop of the 1857 Sepoy Mutiny.
    Chance e kidayaadhu!!!
    If it had been a historical, then the first person to run away from it would have been ARR.
    And knowing MR he is incapable of directing a historical.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Devoted Hubber ansa400's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heard thro my friend that AISH has met with an accident during the shoot of this film. Donno how far it is true.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ansa,
    Here's the confirmation:

http://in.rediff.com/movies/2006/apr/21ash.htm

Jai,

The above link also says it's a love story against the backdrop of the freedom struggle.

As for whether MR is capable of directing a historical or not,let the film do the talking.
    Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    :::And knowing MR he is incapable of directing a historical.:::

Thats mocking! Which historical did he craft b4? IRUVAR

JaiG, I am a BIG admirer of all your posts on various topics music, movies, misc like vijayr etc... You supported ARR whenever necessity arises and explained it clearly to Anti-ARR's.

But I dont understand why you are so keen to ridicule MR. I am confused! .

Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast