Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Copied/Inspired from Western movies

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Vague claims

Quote Originally Posted by romio
    MAJORITY OF KAMAL HASAN MOVIE ARE REMAKES OR ISPIRED COPY OF FOREIGN FILMS
    Kamal has acted over 150 movies. When you say majority it means atleast more than 75 movies!!! This is too good to be true.

I have clearly mentioned that any claims made should be properly supported. Vague arguments such as this one deserves to be removed. You should be careful when making such claims against a talented actor who also is an excellent screenplay writer.

What you could have said is that few of kamal's famous movies were inspired from western movies.

And hey, thanks for the contribution! You have a pretty good list!!

I just found this one in Kumudam.

S.J. Suryah's - Vaali - is more like 'Moondru mudichu'. Suryah himself has talked about this. just substitute kamal & rajini with 'ajith & ajith'. I have not seen moondru mudichu.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Vague claims

Quote Originally Posted by romio
    MAJORITY OF KAMAL HASAN MOVIE ARE REMAKES OR ISPIRED COPY OF FOREIGN FILMS
    Kamal has acted over 150 movies. When you say majority it means atleast more than 75 movies!!! This is too good to be true.

I have clearly mentioned that any claims made should be properly supported. Vague arguments such as this one deserves to be removed. You should be careful when making such claims against a talented actor who also is an excellent screenplay writer.

What you could have said is that few of kamal's famous movies were inspired from western movies.

And hey, thanks for the contribution! You have a pretty good list!!

I just found this one in Kumudam.

S.J. Suryah's - Vaali - is more like 'Moondru mudichu'. Suryah himself has talked about this. just substitute kamal & rajini with 'ajith & ajith'. I have not seen moondru mudichu.

Post Thanks / Like

'ghost' remake

Quote Originally Posted by Lambretta
    I forgot the name of this Hindi movie but it *s Rahul Roy & was copied from the movie "Ghost" *ing Demy Moore & Patrick Swazy.
    Also this '70s movie "Warrant" by Dev Anand was copied from the James Bond movie "You live only twice" (1967/68).
    'Ghost' was remade as 'Pyaar ka saaya'. It also went in malayalam as 'aayushkalam'.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber ssanjinika's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I watched this Billy Crystal movie "When Harry Met Sally "and must say that its one of the most comical movies Ive seen.I then realised that last year there was this Saif ali khan ,rani mukerjee starrer which was a copy of this movie.Of course that was no where near as good as this one..but was ok to watch(Think saif even won a national award for the movie )

U guys must have guessed by now that I have no inkling as to what the name of the hindi movie is .Seems to have totally slipped my mind.

Another Rani mukerjee starrer is this movie "Chalte Chalte" which is copied from another Billy Crystal movie called "Forget Paris" another classic IMHO.

Senior Member Senior Hubber Alien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ssanjinika
    I watched this Billy Crystal movie "When Harry Met Sally "and must say that its one of the most comical movies Ive seen.I then realised that last year there was this Saif ali khan ,rani mukerjee starrer which was a copy of this movie.
    That is "Hum Tum"

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Lambretta's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 'ghost' remake

Quote Originally Posted by as_Arvind
    'Ghost' was remade as 'Pyaar ka saaya'. It also went in malayalam as 'aayushkalam'.
    Oh, rite! Tks for refreshing my memory!

Senior Member Regular Hubber buddysathi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patch Adams + The Terminal - > Munnabhai MBBS

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buddysathi
    Patch Adams + The Terminal - > Munnabhai MBBS
    Terminal, released in 2004 and Munnabhai released in late 2003....

Senior Member Senior Hubber Alien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was such a slap on unwarranted cr*p

Post Thanks / Like

A little further everyone?

Can we go a little further and discuss about copied/inspired acting, directing methods, editing tricks, and screenplay adaptations?
    This is going to be difficult as anyone who makes a claim, should present a credible evidence to support it. References to particular scenes/shots will make the thread more interesting.

For e.g. you could say that Naygan old kamal's voice was heavily inspired from Marlon Brando in Godfather (remember my first post, Marlon had real difficulty with voice which came in handy)

12B (tamil movie) - Concept copied from Sliding Doors (parallel/alternate story line)

I think I have a little secret to share: I am jothika's crazy fan and I see plenty of english movies which inspired me to start this thread. Can anyone guess her acting style is similar to someone in Hollywood?

Opening scene in Kaakha.... Kaakha.... (surya falls down....drowns and sees his wife's face - psychological entry of jothika) - similar scene in Gladiator climax (General Maximus opens a door and sees his wife and kid just before dying.)

Maniratnam's style of dark lighting, whispers, short dialogues, sudden end, - ring any bells of a famous director?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast