View Poll Results: For Europeans Gandhi is the greatest Son of India. What about you?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Greatest

8 72.73%
  • Who was Gandhi?

3 27.27%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mahathma Gandhi and India Today

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    SRS,
    it is the indian spiritualism or better the hinduism is the limbing leg of India. As you for sure know that all religions are too conservative and therefore the reserved progress.

The Christianity tried to sell assumptions as the Truth, like Hinduism, but the Europeans withstanded it,unlike India!

Dear Moderators NOV and Badri,
    Thanks for your cooperation regarding the modifications I have begged for in the pms I sent to you both. Nothing happened yet. Very nice of you. Now you don't have to change anything anymore. You can not expect from me to do some public Relations on the Hub's behalf, sorry.

To all the hubbers who wanted to help me through their contributions:
    Thank you very much. I expected much more participents and some help from the Hub administration and moderator's side but it seems this hub is not a place for a scientific research.

Thank You all,

Ronnie van H.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie The Dutch
    SRS,
    it is the indian spiritualism or better the hinduism is the limbing leg of India. As you for sure know that all religions are too conservative and therefore the reserved progress.

The Christianity tried to sell assumptions as the Truth, like Hinduism, but the Europeans withstanded it,unlike India!

Thanks for your cooperation regarding the modifications I have begged for in the pms I sent to you both. Nothing happened yet. Very nice of you. Now you don't have to change anything anymore. You can not expect from me to do some public Relations on the Hub's behalf, sorry.

Thank you very much. I expected much more participents and some help from the Hub administration and moderator's side but it seems this hub is not a place for a scientific research.

Thank You all,

Ronnie van H.
    Societies do not survive for 5000 yrs on limping legs. If Hinduism lacked cohesiveness, it would have been wiped out by the Moghuls or Buddhism a long time ago.

Senior Member Senior Hubber Fire111999's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mahathma Gandhi and India Today

Quote Originally Posted by Lambretta
    I find a lot of links about Mahathma Gandhi but almost none about how today's Indians, esp. the youth as the new generation and how different castes, clases and gender, are thinking of him.
    This brings to me a memory of my schooldays many yrs ago when one of my classmates had a photo of Gandhi in a Diary tat he got......he disfigured it by drawing a goatee & donkey's ears (& if I rem. right a cigarette dangling from the mouth), exulting in displaying his 'modified art' to sum others in class......nor of course were naughty school brats the only ones I knew w/ such 'admiration' for the Mahatma.....so I guess tat says it all.....?

I also would like to know if anything has changed or if Gandhi's goals were achieved in India.
    As Gandhi said Truth alone Triumphs......so the answer from ne TRUTHFUL Indian shud clearly be NO!
    actually, if these school days was when you were being taught bt gandhi, these disfigurations might have been a protest against school and lessons and not against gandhi himself.

there is always a tendency for interest in a certain topic to die out or not be encouraged when one is forced to study abt it for school and exams.
    ~~~Believe. Just saying - I can do it, can give surprising results. ~~~

~~~ God is a girl ~~~

~~~ Check out the painted hand elephant!~~~

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandeep
    Today Indians oppose anything that is not theirs and don't care for merit of the case and hence the question of respect for the other party doesn't arise
    Acutally i think Indians today realised tat this not rite, so to equalize/balance it, they've begun to oppose nething tat IS theirs too! Esp. our long-standing culture/values/spiritual consciousness (which Indians claimed to be so proud of all along!)

Swadeshi - In the age of consumerism and Globalization Swadeshi is restricted to the run down Ghadi store.
    Exactly!
    anna, i've seen you express these sentiments over and over again in many threads. and i agree with you. but hopefully, this will change now.

~~~ God is a girl ~~~

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by goodsense
    Yeah, I think I got ya now Good to see some straightforward people around
    Glad to know I'm clear! I was astounded tat neone shud think I was commending the attitude of today's Indians who oppose/give up wat is ours!
    Neways, goodsense, I feelbeing straightforward may not always be really welcome! Hence I think it best to switch over to sarcasm/irony, only u've got to be able to read between the lines!
    but not too much, or else you will start imagining double meanings where there are none.

~~~ God is a girl ~~~

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SRS
    SRS,

Thank You all,

Ronnie van H.
    Societies do not survive for 5000 yrs on limping legs. If Hinduism lacked cohesiveness, it would have been wiped out by the Moghuls or Buddhism a long time ago.
    although there have been changes in hinduism for the worse cos of misinterpretations and lack of understanding and blind following, there is actually a great deal of good stuff in hinduism. that's why it's still strong today.

~~~ God is a girl ~~~

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345