Page 62 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast

Thread: Mrs.Mano's Tamilnadu Delicacies - Part 2

Post Thanks / Like

hi

dear Mrs.Mano,

i have tried ur mutton chukka recipe and it was excellent. thanx a lot.
    Sehr gut!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Thattai!

Regarding the cleaning of the aattukkaal- the legs must be burnt in a handmade fire to remove the hair and then the legs must be cleaned thoroughly with a sharp knife. Then they must be washed for 4 or 5 times. Then turmeric powder is applied to them and kept it like that for an hour. Again they are washed thoroughly. In villages, they are cooked with turmeric powder and pepper powder in a broad vessel on slow fire throughout the whole night so that the legs would become soft to eat in the morning after the required spices are added for the taste. It is not possible nowadays to cook for the whole night. So you can cook them in a pressure cooker with enough water for 15 minutes first and then put off the fire. After an hour again cook for 15 minutes. Thus cook them for 45 minutes to make the legs soft.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Tharuna!

Welcome to the forumhub!
    And thanks a lot for the feedback on ‘mutton chukka’.

Post Thanks / Like

french fries

hallo Mrs. mano,

i've come across many cooks who dont disclose their secrets and are very protective abt their recipes. i thank u a lot for ur sincere and selfless work. can u tell me how we can make crispy french fries at home?

Reg chappathi : i always beat egg whites with milk and add them to the flour and knead them to a soft dough. am getting good chappathis. but my parathas are a disaster.They turn out to be very thick and are hard. how do i get nice parathas? whats the trick behind good parathas.

Bajjis: can u give me some recipes for bajjis?. my bajjis are ok but not very tasty.
    Thanx a lot
    Sehr gut!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Tharuna!

Thank you very much for the appreciation. Here are some tips and the procedure of making paratha for you. Yr procedure of making chappathi is very different from others and I appreciate you for that.

For a delicious bajji, make the batter with 1 cup of gram flour, 2 tsp of plain flour, 2 tsp of rice flour and 1 tsp of chilli powder. In this way, you will get tasty bajjiies.

For nice french fries- peel off the outer skins of the potatoes, cut them in to half and soak them in salt water for half an hour. After that, you can cut them into fingers and fry them in hot oil. The fire should not be very high.

PARATHA:

ingredients:

Plain flour- 1 cu
    Wheat flour- 1 cup
    3 tbsps ghee or butter
    Salt- 1 tsp
    Enough water
    A pinch of baking powder

Procedure:

Make smooth dough as you make for chappathi. Then keep it like that for 15 minutes. Make 6 or 8 balls of the same size and flatten then in to thin chappathies. Spread 1 tsp of butter on the upper surface of a chappathi and fold it in to half. Then again spread a little butter and then again fold in to another half. Now roll it in to a circle making the edge thinner than the centre. Cook it on a hot griddle on both sides. Thus prepare all the parathas.

Post Thanks / Like
    hi mrs.mano,

how to do BUTTER NAAN..?
    Suddenly, Life is beautiful...

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Mano
    Dear Thattai!

Regarding the cleaning of the aattukkaal- the legs must be burnt in a handmade fire to remove the hair and then the legs must be cleaned thoroughly with a sharp knife. Then they must be washed for 4 or 5 times. Then turmeric powder is applied to them and kept it like that for an hour. Again they are washed thoroughly. In villages, they are cooked with turmeric powder and pepper powder in a broad vessel on slow fire throughout the whole night so that the legs would become soft to eat in the morning after the required spices are added for the taste. It is not possible nowadays to cook for the whole night. So you can cook them in a pressure cooker with enough water for 15 minutes first and then put off the fire. After an hour again cook for 15 minutes. Thus cook them for 45 minutes to make the legs soft.
    Dear Mrs. Mano,

In the above you have mentioned cooking for 15 mins twice, and then mentioned total of 45 mins. Does that mean wait another hour and again cook for 15 mins? Also, can the hairs be burnt on the gas flame? Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mrs. mano,

thanx once again for ur recipes and ur appreciation. i will try ur recipes asap .

I came across a recipe for kheema samosa in which the author suggested the use of screwpine essence (kewra). i dont know what screwpine essence or kewra means. The author stated that it is this essence which gives the flavour for the samosa. can u explain what screwpine is ?

Thanx in advance.
    Sehr gut!

Senior Member Senior Hubber dsath's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mrs Mano,
    Yesterday i tried your mutton chukka recipe. It turned out to be a hit with my family. My children loved it. I have tried many different recipes for mutton chukka and none have come close to yours. Thanks for sharing your recipes.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber suvai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mrs. Mano,
    Trust all is well with you & yours.
    Would you be kind enough to give me the recipe for "Buhari's Samosa"...romba naalaa try pannaren....engeyum kidaikalai....if you by any chance know it...plz post. Thank you Mrs. Mano!!!!...........ipadi ku suvai