Page 5 of 151 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Mrs.Mano's Tamilnadu Delicacies - Part 2

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mrs. Mano,
    I would like to make chicken gravy without the trace of the onion eventhough we use it like the one which we used to get at the restaurants. The output which i am expecting is something thick liquid in which we have the chicken pieces. I don't know how to express it fully. Hope u understand me and let me know a recipe in that regard.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    arrecipes,

ever tried grinding the masala mixture & then cooking chicken in it... I mean the oinion,tomato,masala powders after being sauteed in oil-let it cool & grind it to a paste... to this add the chicken pieces & cook as usual... I do this foe channa masala & a few veggie side-dishes...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Post Thanks / Like
    Mrs.Mano,

Tried ur sambar powder & made sambar(using capscicum) the way U've mentioned... it turned out to be yummy...

I roasted all the ingredients together in a dry pan until it gave a nice flavour-is this right or should I roast each ingredient sepeately?...& does a spoon mean a flat spoon or a heaped spoon?... I used the flat spoon measure...When I ground the powder,I felt the coriander flavour is too strong & my sambar is gonna turn out like kolambu... But when I added the powder to the dhal-veg mixture, it turned out to be a perfect sambar in taste... but the flavour was very mild... is there anything I can do to make the flavour even stronger without changing the taste much?... & is there any specific variety of chilli to be used in the recipe... I used the round variety(I guess it's called guntur milagai)... Since it's a hot variety,I used less of it & so the sambar didn't turn orangish... it was very much yellowish(had to add an extra pinch of turmeric to give some colour)...Should I be using the long variety of chilli to give a nice colour to the sambar?...

Anyways, I finally suceeded in making a sambar powder to our taste & have decided to make my own sambar powder from now on... good-bye to all store bought sambar powders... Thanks a ton for the recipe,Mrs.Mano... It was so easy to make...U'll be remembered forever in my house whenever I make sambar...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dev,
    I have tried the chicken curry by grinding all the onion, tomato etc. it does not give the flavour like the one we used to get in the restaurant, I am not sure of what i am missing.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber RedPepper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dev,
    I too tried your technique of grinding onion masala mixture and cooking chicken in it. I liked the outcome. I have the picture I will post it sometime soon.
    Red Pepper
    <font size=1>Some products from my workshop! </font>

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mrs. Mano,
    I tried your pepper chicken last night. The taste was simply great. Thanks so much for the recipe.

Suja

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mrs.Mano

I am a new hubber and now a regular visitor to your topic. Yesterday I had guests at home and I prepared your Chettinad Chicken gravy. they all liked it very much and the credit goes to you!! I like your recipes and want to try more of them!
    Thanks a lot!

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

hai

hai Mrs.Mano,
    i need some healthy and delicious and easily digestible receipes for my 1 yr old kid.kindly post them soon.i'm giving ur sathu mavoo to him.he likes it very much.thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    cynthia,

Mrs.Mano is on a trip to India... She can post replies only after she's back... U can try looking into the Baby foods thread if U need recipes urgently...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Rain!

Thanks a lot for the feedback on ragi dosai as well as the bread&idli batter combo.

Page 5 of 151 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast