Page 4 of 151 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Mrs.Mano's Tamilnadu Delicacies - Part 2

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mrs Mano
    I dont how i missed the recipe for idiyappam with batter posted by you . Today when i was goin thru ur thread i found that u have given the recipe . Thank u very much for the recipe . i will try and let u know the results ..
    Thanks
    Pr

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mrs. Mano,
    I am new to this forum and i am just amazed at how much u have contributed. I tried a few dishes from this forum and it came out wonderful. I can only wish if i had found out before. I would love to have the recipe for Hyderabad biryani, if u have it please post it.
    Thanks

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hello mrs.mano,

hope u had a lovely beginning to the new year.
    tried the ragi dosa.it was a nice change .quite filling too.and also found the bread-idli batter combo a really tasty way to use up leftover batter.thanks again !

regards,
    rain

Post Thanks / Like
    HI Mrs.mano Happy new year to u and ur family!! do u know the recipe of cauliflower roast dosai that we get in restaurants in salem ,coimbatore ,if so pls let me know it srivari2000@yahoo.com

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Kasthuri!

A warm Welcome to the forumhub as well as this Tamilnadu delicacies thread!!!
    Thanks a lot for the nice feedback on potato-65, meen kuzhambu and egg curry. The recipes you have asked had already been posted in this thread. I am again re-posting them here for you with a few corrections.

PONGAL KUZHAMBU:

Pressure cook 3 handfuls of lentils. Soak a small orange size of tamarind in warm water. Extract the juice after ½ hour. Roast a handful of boiled rice, 1 tbsp of raw rice, 1sp of cumin seeds, 1sp of peppercorns and 1sp of aniseeds in a dry pan to a nice brown colour. Grind them to a nice powder. For this kuzhambu, 6 important vegetables are needed. Add a handful of chopped tomatoes, a handful of avaraikkai[cut into 1” pieces], a handful of red pumpkin pieces[cut into 1” pieces], 2 handfuls of sweet potatoes[cut into 1” pieces], a handful of brinjal pieces[cut into medium pieces], 2 raw bananas[cut into cubes] and most importantly 2 cups of mochaikkai in a cooking vessel and add enough water to cover it. Cook them with enough salt and 1 tsp of turmeric powder. When the vegetables are half done, add the tamarind juice, 2tbsps of chilli powder and 1 tbsp of coriander powder. After cooking them for some minutes add the dhal and mix well. Again cook for a few minutes. Now add the powder and mix well. Add 1 cup of shredded coconut and mix well. Cook under slow fire for 5 minutes. Garnish with curry leaves.

SARKKARAI PONGAL:

Fry 1/4 cup of split green gram dhal in a kadai in 1sp ghee to a light brown colour or until a nice aroma floats on the air. Soak this dhal with 1 cup of raw rice in water for 1 hour. Soak 2tbsps of almonds in hot water and then remove the skins. Slice them nicely. Fry the almond slices, 2tbsps of split cashew nuts, and 2tbsps of seedless raisins separately in ghee. Fry 2tbsps of shredded coconut in a tbsp of ghee. Soak a pinch of saffron in ¼ cup of warm milk. Powder 2 cups of jaggery. Pour enough water to cover the jaggery. Let it boil. Make thin syrup of it and put off the fire. Pour 3 cups of water and 2 cups of milk [full cream] in a cooking vessel. Let it simmer on heat. When it starts to simmer, add the rice and the dhal. Cook under medium flame. When they are almost cooked, add the jaggery syrup and mix well. Again cook for a few minutes. Now add all the remaining ingredients and 1/4 cup of ghee. Mix well and cook until the pongal is set well.

VEN PONGAL:

Soak 1 cup of raw rice for /2 hour. Boil 3 cups of water and 2 cups of full cream milk in a cooking vessel. When it starts simmering, add the rice to it and cook on a medium flame until the rice is almost cooked. Add 1 cup of shredded coconut and a little salt. Mix well and cook until it is done.
    [This ven pongal is eaten with sweet thick curd which is prepared from cow’s milk. In villages, the remaining pongal is immersed in water and kept overnight in the same mud vessel. In the morning it will be a heavenly taste to eat this with sweet curd and one day old pongal kuzhambu. ]

Post Thanks / Like
    DEAR FRIENDS!

WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY PONGAL!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear friends!

I am now touring Tamilnadu on some urgent business. I will come back to this thread after 10 days.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mrs.Mano
    Wish you and your family a happy pongal.
    Good Luck touring Tamil nadu!!

Regards,
    Suganthi.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mano,

Thanks a lot for your recipe. You made my Pongal day with your delicious recipes. I tried Sarkarai ponga, ven pongal and Pongal kozhambu for the first time and it came out very nice. Got appreciation from my husband and friends.

Wish you a very happy and Safe hourney.
    Thanks & Regards,
    kasthuri

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mrs Manno ,

How are you ? I am Sonia and am new to this site and am really amazed to view all your Recipes and the response you have got from everyone , But I would really apperciate if you could send me Recipe of ' PRAWN CURRY ' I looked In Old Response But Its not available my email is , ' Jonu_monu@hotmail.com ' thanks a lot for sharing your recipes .

Bye Sonia

Page 4 of 151 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast