Page 147 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1502

Thread: Mrs.Mano's Tamilnadu Delicacies - Part 2

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Nov!

Here there are seven Emirates. Our Sharjah Emirate is very strict in using Alcohol and any one using it will be strictly sent to jail immediately and punished. In some emirates the scene is different. In Star hotels it is sold legally for the guests.

It is a pleasure to see you here after a long time!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Mano
    Dear Suvai!

Thanks a lot for the feedback on stickjaw recipe.

சுவை! பதநீர் ஒரு சுவை மிக்க சத்தான பானம். பனையேறும் தொழிலாளிகள் பாளைகளை சீவி கட்டி வைத்து வந்து விடுவார்கள்.
    பனம் பாளைகளிருந்து வெளியேறும் திரவம் அதன் நுனியில் கட்டி வைக்கப்பட்டிருக்கும் பானைகளில் பதநீராக சேமிக்கப்படுகிறது. அந்தப் பானைகளின் உட்புறம் தடவப்பட்டிருக்கும் சுண்ணாம்பு இந்த பதநீரானது கள்ளாக மாறுவதைத் தடுக்கிறது. ஒவ்வொரு நாளும் காலை ஒரு குடுவையுடன் ஏறிச்சென்று சேமிக்கப்பட்டிருக்கும் பதநீரை எடுத்துக்கொட்டிக்கொண்டு பானையை மறுபடியும் பதநீர் சேமிக்க அப்படியே வைத்து விட்டு வருவார்கள்.

தென்னைமர பதநீரை விட பனைமர பதநீரே நன்றாக இருக்கும் என்று சொல்வார்கள். பதநீரில் என் மாமியார் சாதம் செய்வார்கள். மிகவும் சுவையாக இருக்கும். பொதுவாக கிராமங்களில் இது கலப்படமில்லாமல் சுவையான பதநீராகக் கிடைக்கும். இதை வைத்து வெல்லம், தேங்காய் சேர்த்து பதநீர் பொங்கல், பயத்தம்பருப்பு, வெல்லம் சேர்த்து பதநீர் கஞ்சி செய்வார்கள். முன்பெல்லாம் விடியற்காலைப் பொழுதுகளில் பானையில் வைத்துக்கொண்டு தெருத்தெருவாய் கூவி விற்று வருவார்கள். பனை ஓலையை கிண்ணம் மாதிரி கட்டி அதில் பதநீரை ஊற்றித் தருவார்கள். இப்போதெல்லாம் பாக்கெட், தம்ளர் என்று வந்து விட்டது. பழைய சுவை இருப்பதில்லை. பொதுவாகக் கோடைக்காலங்களில் இது கிடைக்கும்.
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber suvai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Suvai!

Thanks a lot for the feedback on stickjaw recipe.

சுவை! பதநீர் ஒரு சுவை மிக்க சத்தான பானம். பனையேறும் தொழிலாளிகள் பாளைகளை சீவி கட்டி வைத்து வந்து விடுவார்கள்.
    பனம் பாளைகளிருந்து வெளியேறும் திரவம் அதன் நுனியில் கட்டி வைக்கப்பட்டிருக்கும் பானைகளில் பதநீராக சேமிக்கப்படுகிறது. அந்தப் பானைகளின் உட்புறம் தடவப்பட்டிருக்கும் சுண்ணாம்பு இந்த பதநீரானது கள்ளாக மாறுவதைத் தடுக்கிறது. ஒவ்வொரு நாளும் காலை ஒரு குடுவையுடன் ஏறிச்சென்று சேமிக்கப்பட்டிருக்கும் பதநீரை எடுத்துக்கொட்டிக்கொண்டு பானையை மறுபடியும் பதநீர் சேமிக்க அப்படியே வைத்து விட்டு வருவார்கள்.

தென்னைமர பதநீரை விட பனைமர பதநீரே நன்றாக இருக்கும் என்று சொல்வார்கள். பதநீரில் என் மாமியார் சாதம் செய்வார்கள். மிகவும் சுவையாக இருக்கும். பொதுவாக கிராமங்களில் இது கலப்படமில்லாமல் சுவையான பதநீராகக் கிடைக்கும். இதை வைத்து வெல்லம், தேங்காய் சேர்த்து பதநீர் பொங்கல், பயத்தம்பருப்பு, வெல்லம் சேர்த்து பதநீர் கஞ்சி செய்வார்கள். முன்பெல்லாம் விடியற்காலைப் பொழுதுகளில் பானையில் வைத்துக்கொண்டு தெருத்தெருவாய் கூவி விற்று வருவார்கள். பனை ஓலையை கிண்ணம் மாதிரி கட்டி அதில் பதநீரை ஊற்றித் தருவார்கள். இப்போதெல்லாம் பாக்கெட், தம்ளர் என்று வந்து விட்டது. பழைய சுவை இருப்பதில்லை. பொதுவாகக் கோடைக்காலங்களில் இது கிடைக்கும்.

dear mrs mano....ennai apadiye ooruku kootikitu poiteenga onga explanationoda...thank u nga.......just the thought of the pathaneer in plastic bag is putting me off......i can imagine how tasty it would have been/would be straight from the tree top/pot/to houses....

neenga pottu irukara different varieties padikumbothey naaku ooruthu....wish we can get some "pathaneer" here to try out those delicious list of yours. Are there any replacements?? i know it wont taste the same...but just asking....as I have not tasted pathaneer.....what wld be the closest in taste? apadi ethaavathu irunthichinaa...recipe podunga plz plz plz....thank u

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our Sharjah Emirate is very strict in using Alcohol and any one using it will be strictly sent to jail immediately and punished.
    Lets send suvai to Sharjah :P

It is a pleasure to see you here after a long time!
    My pleasure Mrs Mano. I always follow your thread.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote="NOV"]
    Our Sharjah Emirate is very strict in using Alcohol and any one using it will be strictly sent to jail immediately and punished.
    Lets send suvai to Sharjah :P

angey poi padhaneer ketu maamiyar veetuku pogavaaa?

Post Thanks / Like
    Suvai!

As you are my friend, you are always welcome to my home, here! But withour pathaneer!

Post Thanks / Like
    Suvai!

As you are my friend, you are always welcome to my home, here! But withour pathaneer!

awwww thank u nga mrs mano.....thank u ...

nov ngov....kettukonga nalla kettukonga....

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for posting the procedure for custard. Can you please post the custard recipes that you have mentioned ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Ani!

Here is a delicious dessert for you!!

CUSTARD FRUITS DESSERT:

Ingredients:

Plain Sponge cake-half kilo
    Condensed milk- 450 gm
    Fruits like mango, apple, pineapple, banana, dates [cut into thin cubes]- 4 to 6 cups]
    Prepared custard- 2 cups
    Orange jelly pockets-2
    Prepared China grass cubes [optional] - 1 cup

Procedure:

Scramble the cake well and transfer it to the bottom of a broad glass bowl.
    A square shaped bowl will be suitable.
    Press well with your palm neatly.
    Pour the condensed milk evenly on top of the pressed cake.
    Let it soak for half an hour.
    In that time fruits can be cut.
    Arrange the fruits in to a neat layer on top of the condensed milk without disturbing it.
    Pour the custard on top of it.
    If there are china grass cubes spread on top of the custard.
    Prepare the orange jelly according to the instruction on the pocket and keep it in the fridge to set.
    When it is almost set, spread carefully on top of the dessert.
    Again chill this dessert for at least an hour before serving.

www.manoskitchan.blogspot.com
    www.muthusidharal.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    hello nga mrs mano...............intha recipe iruntha podunga plz...& thanks

SKSHIRAMRUTHAM another name is paladisal.....naan first time kelvi padaren...unless it goes by another common name...i am guessing that is a sweet...(mrutham) nu last la irukey...