Page 111 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1502

Thread: Mrs.Mano's Tamilnadu Delicacies - Part 2

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaima idly

Mrs. Mano,

Thank you very much for the recipes. I will try soon and let you know how it turned out to be.

Thanks!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Pr!

I couldn’t post the recipes earlier due to my ill health. I regret for the delayed reply.

As we add khoa and more ghee, it sometimes tends to become like Halwa. In some shops they add some flour when they make khoa. I am posting here two varieties of Cashew nut burfi recipes which were given by my friend. Hope these will give you satisfaction.

Here I am also posting the recipe of Rasamalai for you. This is my favourite recipe which had been given by close relative years back and never had I tried any other rasmalai recipe.

CASHEW NUT BURFI-1

Ingredients:

Cashew nuts- 200gm
    Ghee-1/2 cup
    Sugar-400gm
    Saffron- a pinch
    Milk- enough to grind the cashew nuts
    Cardamom powder-half sp[optional]

Procedure:

Soak the cashew nuts in warm water for 2 hours and then grind with a little milk to a fine paste. Heat a kadai and adds this paste along with the sugar. Cook on medium fire adding the ghee in intervals and mixing continuously. Add the saffron and the cardamom powder and mix well. When the ghee starts to ooze out on top, add the cardamom powder and mix well. Pour on greased plate. When cooled, cut in to desired shapes.

NB: If you want to add khoa, you must add 150gm of khoa before adding the saffron.

CASHEW NUT BURFI:

Ingredients:

Cashew nuts- 75 gms
    Sugar- 150gm
    Plain flour- 75gms
    Ghee- 75gm
    Cardamom pr- half sp[optional]

Procedure:

Soak the cashew nuts in warm water for 2 hours and then grind them to a fine paste. Heat a pan and add 2 tsp of ghee. Add the plain flour and fry it on slow fire for a few minutes. Then add the ground paste and fry for a few seconds. Then add the sugar and fry for some minutes. Add the ghee in intervals. When the ghee starts to ooze out on top, add the cardamom powder and mix well. Pour on greased plate. When cooled, cut in to desired shapes.

RASMALAI:

Ingredients:

Full cream milk powder- 1 ¼ cup
    Plain flour- 1 tsp
    Baking powder- 1 tsp
    Oil- 1 tbsp
    Egg-1
    Saffron- 2 pinches
    Cardamom powder- 1 tsp
    Finely sliced almond- 2 tbsp
    Finely chopped pista- 2 tbsp

For the milk:

Slightly warm water – 4 cups
    Milk powder- 20tsp
    Sugar to taste

Procedure:

Combine the milk powder with the baking powder and the plain flour and sieve them thrice. Add the oil and mix well with the fingers thoroughly. Then add the egg and mix well to make a smooth dough. Make smooth balls of small gooseberry size[arai nellikkai]. Mix the milk powder with the warm water. Add enough sugar according to yr taste. Heat a broad vessel and pour the milk. When it starts to simmer, reduce the fire a little [ but the milk should be simmering-not vigorously] Drop the balls five at a time very slowly. When the balls are cooked, they will double in size and come to the top. Then again add another set of balls. Thus complete all the balls. Let the milk simmer for another five minutes. Sprinkle the almond and pista on top. Put off the fire. When cooled, keep it in the fridge and serve.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mrs Mano
    I tried the burfi immediately. I tried the first one . Superb. I got perfect burfis. I will have to try the second one sometime later .
    Thanks
    Regards
    Pr

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mrs Mano,

Thank you very much for Sagu & Mushroom Chops!! Tried out both of them with fantastic results as always.

Hope you keeping well now maam'??

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Dev!

Here I am posting the recipes you have requested. The peas masala is a different one and I hope you would enjoy it.

PEAS MASALA:

Ingredients:

Fresh or frozen peas- 1 cup
    Khoya- half cup
    Cumin seeds- half sp
    Chilli pr- 1 tsp
    Crushed green ginger- 1 tsp
    Crushed ginger- 1 tsp
    Turmeric powder- half sp
    Coriander powder- 2 tsp
    Chopped coriander- half cup
    Tomato juice- half cup
    Salt to taste
    Ghee- 1 tbsp
    Oil- 1 tbsp
    Garam masala- half sp

Procedure:

Heat the oil and the ghee. Add the cumin seeds and when they start to splutter add the hkoya and fry it to slightly golden brown. Then add the peas along with all the powders, ginger and the green chilli. Mix well for a few seconds. Add the tomato juice with enough salt and water. Cook the peas until they become tender. Sprinkle the garam masala and mix well. Add the coriander leaves and put off the fire.

BREAD CHANNA:

Ingredients:

Chick peas [soaked and cooked]- 1 cup
    Finely chopped onion- 1 cup
    Finely crushed tomato- 2 cup
    Butter-1 tbsp
    Oil- 3 tbsp
    Chilli powder- 1 tsp
    Coriander powder- half sp
    Turmeric powder- half sp
    Salt to taste
    Bread slices-6
    Chopped coriander- 4 tbsp

Grind the following to a coarse paste:

Cinnamon- 1 piece
    Ginger- 1 tsp
    Garlic- 4 flakes
    Shredded Coconut - quarter cup
    Cardamom-1
    Clove-1

Procedure:

Heat a pan and pour the oil. Add the onion and fry well. Then add the tomato with the turmeric powder and fry till the mixture becomes like paste and the oil floats on top. Add the powders, chick peas, and the ground paste with enough salt. When the peas are cooked well and the gravy becomes thick enough, sprinkle the coriander leaves and put off the fire. Toast the bread slices with the butter on hot tawa. Serve the chick peas gravy with the bread toasts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Swapnasureshbabu!

I felt happy to know that you had prepared tomato thokku, peerkangai kothsu and kollu rasam with fantastic results. Thanks a lot for your nice feedback. These kinds of feedbacks always inspire me to try more and more interesting recipes and post here promptly!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear PoonaiKutty!

Thank you very much for the nice appreciation.

Regarding your doubt- half an hour is enough for marinating the pakalkai with the puli mix.

Here is the recipe of ADHIRASAM you have requested.

ADHIRASAM:

Ingredients:

Raw rice- 200gms
    Jaggery- 300gms
    Cardamom powder- 1 tsp
    Ghee- 2 tbsp

Procedure:

Wash and soak the raw rice in enough water for an hour. Then drain the water completely and spread the wet rice on a clean cloth. After an hour, pound the rice in to a fine flour. The rice must not be dried for a long time. The ground rice flour must be soft and very cool- not very dry. Sieve it thrice. Prepare the syrup with the jaggery. The syrup [ paagu] must become thick. When you pour a small drop in a cup of water, it must be like wax and could be made like a small ball. Put off the fire. Add cardamom powder to the syrup and mix well. Immediately add little by little the rice flour to the paagu and mix well. Do not add all the flour. When the dough becomes like chapathi dough, stop adding the flour. Spread a tbsp of ghee inside a bowl and then pour the dough in it. Spread the remaining ghee on top. Keep it covered for a day. Before starting to fry the adhirasam, mix well the dough. If you make a small ball, it must be smooth and soft. It must not break. Make a lemon size ball and flatten it with a little thickness. Drop it in hot oil and fry it to golden brown. Thus complete all the dough. The fire must be medium throughout the process.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot for the recipes Mrs.Mano!!!... will try them soon...

Take good care of your health...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

fruit pachadi

hi ms mano, i appreciate the good work ur doing. couild u tell me how to make the fruit pachadi they make in marriages , the one with fruits and looks red in color thanku-luz

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish all the hubbers

" A VERY HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!!"