Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Salads

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Salads

I would like to know the different types of fresh salads that can be prepared. I'm on a crash diet as my wedding is approaching. Need to lose 10-12 kgs by April. (My height is 6 ft 2" and I weigh 101 kgs)

So, I am more into fresh veggies. But I'm tired of eating those everyday? Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi alan
    r potatoes allowed in your diet ? if so you can make a salad with boiled potatoes, salad onions chopped, crabsticks, black olives & light vinaigrette dressing.
    you can also prepare a salad with some chopped tomatoes, tinned tuna, lettuce & baby spinach shredded& olive oil.
    shreya

Senior Member Devoted Hubber RedPepper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Salads

Quote Originally Posted by Alan
    I would like to know the different types of fresh salads that can be prepared. I'm on a crash diet as my wedding is approaching. Need to lose 10-12 kgs by April. (My height is 6 ft 2" and I weigh 101 kgs)

So, I am more into fresh veggies. But I'm tired of eating those everyday? Thanks in advance!
    Exercise. Exercise.. Exercise....

I do make salads occasionally. But my salad dressings are too rich and cannot be considered healthy.

Normally my salads consist of lettuce leaves, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, black olives, grated carrots, croutons, feta cheese, olive oil, salt & pepper, and topped with a lot of grated parmesan cheese.
    Red Pepper
    <font size=1>Some products from my workshop! </font>

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber ssanjinika's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You could also try steamed veggies as a change.I find that steamed veggies with a splash of lime juice and salt and pepper a welcome change from the usual raw veggies.The veggies I usually steam are cauliflower,brocolli,carrots,babycorn,green beans,snow peas and plain peas(I steam them together)I also love steamed aspragus though I dont know if you get it in India.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Red Pepper, Shreya & ssanjinika!

But I really hate boiled veggies but I think I'll try your recipe, ssanjinika.
    RedPepper, your salad is too rich. It would help in increasing weight than decreasing! lol!

Shreya, I'm trying to cut out on Starch. ...so no potatoes. What are crabsticks by the way?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber ssanjinika's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alan if you dont like steamed veggies why dont you try throwing them into a soup?
    A nice lowfat veggie soup is sure to brighten up the lunch hour esp if its cold outside.Lot of soups dont require much except some veggies and some stock/water for the liquid and some salt and pepper.It is a bit more work but worth the effort acording to me.It does get boring eating salads day after day.
    I also usually try out various fruit and nut salads for a change.That would also be something different for you to try out.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi alan
    crabsticks are also known as surimi & ar usually added in salads but not sure if its available in india.it is also used in chinese spring rolls etc.
    shreya

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again , ladies!

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi ,
    Does any one knows which dressing they serve on the salads given at McDonalds....they are with garlic flovour and have a grainy texture...let me know if
    Thanks

Senior Member Regular Hubber rsankar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

McDonald's Secret Sauce...

Hi ash_970,

This is from http://www.copykat.com/

McDonald's Secret Sauce

Notes: This recipe was developed by Judy Chatham. Although this sauce goes well on a Big Mac, it also goes well on a sandwich. India relish can be found at your local grocery store. India relish is a type of pickle relish, just like there is dill relish, and

Ingredients:
    1 C. Mayonnaise
    2 Tbsp. Indian Relish Drained
    1/2 tsp. Granulated Sugar
    2 Tbsp. Thousand Island Dressing

Preparation:
    Mix all ingredients well. Let stand for at least 20 minutes, allowing to sit overnight is desired.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast