Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Put ur Touching short stories 4m fwds etc

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was the day of my son's XII results and I was so tensed. I sat beside him
    While he logged on the website with his registration no.

" Ma" , he screamed in excitement," I scored 1191, with centum in 4
    Subjects. I cant believe it. "

I kinda became numb in my excitement. My eyes became wet.

I kissed him on his forehead and smiled. My husband had gone out of
    Station on some business trip and my son immediately called him on his cell
    And told him of the news.

Soon we realized that he stood first in the state. Oh, my joy knew no bounds
    When Reporters and media persons soon swamped my house for interviews and
    Photos. I was so honored to join him in the snaps.

I wanted to call my " wrong-number-friend to tell him the news......I was so
    Excited.

He was someone whom I have known for more than 20 years.

I still do not remember when we became friends, but certainly cannot forget
    The first day he called me when I blasted him for giving me so many wrong
    Calls.....after that he had called up a week later asking apology, for he
    Had now got the right no of his friend whom he wanted to talk to .We spoke
    For an hour that day...even without knowing each other's names. Though he
    Kept pestering me to reveal my name I never did and so he kept a
    Name...Sweety. I used to get so shy whenever he called me ' Sweety'. I was
    Doing first year of BSc. Maths then, and he was a Computer Engineering
    Student.

From then he used to call me very often. We almost discussed everything..
    By the final year of my college, we probably we were in love, but I had been
    Cautious. I was in a dilemma whether to tell him. But what if he was of a
    Different religion? Do I have the courage to talk to my parents about it?

........all these questions ran through my mind.

I decided I'll not talk to him thereafter. When he called next time I told a lie to him I that I was going to Karachi for my studies.

He gave me his office number and asked me to ring him up once I reach there.

I never called.......

A couple of months later my marriage got fixed with a guy of my parent's
    Choice. I was not happy but I did not complain; rather accepted it as an
    Obedient daughter. At times I felt I missed my wrong- number- friend.......

My hubby was a moody person; I have hardly spent any good time with him- but
    He was genuine indeed and never bothered my personal space. After 2 years we
    Had a boy...Yet, I was not very happy with my married life...One day I
    Happened to browse through my diary and found I still had my old friend's
    Office phone no that he had given me. I dialed it and spoke with him.

He said he was married and got a kid too. I was happy for him though in the
    Bottom of the heart I felt bad that I could not marry him.

From then I used to occasionally call him on that number. I never gave him
    Mine as I felt that would put me in trouble...

And till today I almost shared everything with him including my relationship
    With my hubby.....today I was so happy and I wanted to call him.

Just then I got a call.
    " Your husband met with an accident and died on the spot"

I banged the phone down. I broke. I did not call my friend.....I somehow
    Started feeling guilty. I have never tried to talk to him properly when he
    Was alive or moved close with him....

I felt I had been a bad wife........

A couple of years passed and one day my son brought home a Bengali girl and
    Said they wanted to get married. I got them married as I did not want my son
    To go through what I did.

I decided to give my son his father's room and started clearing it. There
    Was a phone book. I gently opened it to find, " Wrong No: Sweety -XXXX XXXX "
    Heavenly ~ Newzealand

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anjali : very touching story !
    sometimes in life one gets what we want, but are not able to recognise as the very thing we wanted

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sinthiya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anjali....

....wow....sad.........

Senior Member Regular Hubber ab_123's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting story Anjali!

Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    anjali
    Anbe Sivam

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber gentlebreeze's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A junior manager, a senior manager and their boss are on their way to a
    meeting. On their way through a park, they come across a wonder lamp.
    They rub the lamp and a ghost appears. The ghost says, "Normally, one is
    granted three wishes but as you are three, I will allow one wish each" So the
    eager senior manager shouted, I want the first wish. I want to be in the
    Bahamas,on a fast boat and have no worries. "Pfufffff, and he was gone. Now the junior manager could not keep quiet and shouted " I want to be in Florida
    with beautiful girls, plenty of food and cocktails. "Pfufffff, and he was
    also gone. The boss calmly said,
    "I want these two idiots back in the office after lunch"
    Lesson V - "Always allow the bosses to speak first

Thread:
    Which of the 2 is best - Old songs Lyrics / New Song lyrics -
    Link: http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic....558&highlight=
    Cheers,
    GentleBreeze...

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The woods were lovely dark and deep. Walking slowly beside her, in the damp mud road, was her husband whom she barely knew. He was very relaxed, happily watching a group of kids playing at a distance.

Her "mehandi" was still dark and smelling fresh, reminding of the excitements and tension 2 days back. "It cant work this way mom...please stop this", she kept telling her mother till the last
    moment,who wouldnt listen but carry on with beautifying her.She had been crying all night and her make-up had to be patched up twice or thrice to hide her awkwardly swollen face.

It was too late now.She had to get married "NOW" to the guy...The guy whom she had seen once and talked thrice.The guy about whom she knew nothing at all but for his name and work.Everything happened in a hurry and everthing was over before she could breathe again... here was she with this guy, all alone in this hill station... how can anybody send their daughter such a long distance with a stranger???

"Hey look at that....!!!" he shouted in excitement... she shrugged and looked where his finger pointed...Bright colored balloons dotted the sky. Children were jumping in joy and he seemed to be completely absorbed into it...colors are always exciting...but not now.She was not with her friends, not with her team mates, not even with her parents. This was not a 3 day tour or team building trip.This was her life and she has been forced to start off with this person.

Loneliness and discomfort with this stranger was sickening...She
    looked at him in wonder... does he even realize that he has married
    me?Does he understand that he has to love me,protect me,care for me,a new girl,a stranger,all his life?

The marriage morning started like a daylight nightmare for her.The first time in life she felt she should have fallen in love and then married somebody. some man who she would have felt more comfortable with, someone whom she could call by name and introduce to friends,someone whom she could trust. But marriage morning was obviously not the time to think all these.

Her parents would never have said "no" if she had declared that she was in love.But she was not emotionally attached to anybody she met,especially guys.She was very friendly,playing,teasing, but never had second thought for any man around her.That brought the entire responsibility of looking for a groom on her parents' shoulders.Her parents had had a very bad time with this entire process.They started their groom search with unending "&" operation. The concatenation of "Horoscope matching" & "Decent family" & "Good looking" & "Good pay" & "same cast" & so on... that always gave 0 output.Now after all that 8 months hunt,they were not ready to hear her "ifs" and "buts" for this 'good guy'.

She had explained to her father.She does not feel anything for this person.He is nothing more to me than any other software professional.Like list of names she sees in the chat rooms. Distant
    and usual...Her father asked her to talk to him and even meet him and discuss their likes and dislikes.That meeting started like the induction programme self introduction and ended like a 3 hour seminar.She was waiting to get away from that place."So did you talk with him?"."yes"."was he polite and decent"."yes"."Oh he got that special flavoured tri-color icecream...!!!".OK.All her family and
    relatives discussed...She was given the chance to "understand her life partner" and that they have understood each other "well" and she is ready for the marriage now.

All arrangements geared up and it was 24 days after her first meeting that she was getting married to her man... perfect match as everybody else described.Marriage hall was full with excited people, kids got the chance to play,ladies got the chance to wear the silk saree.The smell of rose and jasmine filled the hall.Different poses for the photographer and atrificial smiles for the videos.The moment he had tied the sacred thread was unexplainable vaccum in the head.It was over.She was his wife.Accepted by the society and law.Her proud parents were relaxed.This was their duty they had been planning to fulfill since she was born.All this crowd will fade away,leaving her to explore her new world...

He pulled her hand gently to sit on the stone bench.The bench was wet and the chillness was indeed enjoyable."So what are you thinking about?"... that was an unexpected ball.should she reply?should she be silent?She remembered the two hour presentation she had taken last month.Bold and confident, she kept answering all the queries with a broad smile.Now she remained silent."Do you know honey... I was not for this marriage too..." Oh my God... what did i hear??? did HE tell that or did i think aloud? what does he mean?didnt he like me?was he forced into this? He must have noticed the quizzical look on my face...with a gentle smile he continued..."I wanted to look for a girl myself,buy her everything,care for her,argue with her,laugh and cry
    with her,then get married to her... Anything otherwise would be a
    drama. Traditional drama and i was not for it anytime. But my love for my work and also my stress would not give me time and mind to search that girl...When your parents talked to me 2 weeks before our marriage, about your fear of getting married,to a stranger, i could completely understand your mind. I could see myself in you and that was the moment i decided i will marry you.There was no time to prove myself to you,make you trust me,everything happened in a hurry.But there was the entire life before me, to please you,to love you, to make you trust me.This is no less than what i had dreamt,the girl i was waiting for,is you.Now tell me... will you love me???" Tears came down her cheek.Her parents had done more than their duty.They had
    found her the perfect guy. Thank you Mom!!! Thank you Dad!!!

His question remained unanswered yet both knew the answer....

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lovely!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Regular Hubber ab_123's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    sweet story, Maxi.
    Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maxi
    He pulled her hand gently to sit on the stone bench.The bench was wet and the chillness was indeed enjoyable."So what are you thinking about?"... that was an unexpected ball.should she reply?should she be silent?She remembered the two hour presentation she had taken last month.Bold and confident, she kept answering all the queries with a broad smile.Now she remained silent."Do you know honey... I was not for this marriage too..." Oh my God... what did i hear??? did HE tell that or did i think aloud? what does he mean?didnt he like me?was he forced into this? He must have noticed the quizzical look on my face...with a gentle smile he continued..."I wanted to look for a girl myself,buy her everything,care for her,argue with her,laugh and cry
    with her,then get married to her... Anything otherwise would be a
    drama. Traditional drama and i was not for it anytime. But my love for my work and also my stress would not give me time and mind to search that girl...When your parents talked to me 2 weeks before our marriage, about your fear of getting married,to a stranger, i could completely understand your mind. I could see myself in you and that was the moment i decided i will marry you.There was no time to prove myself to you,make you trust me,everything happened in a hurry.But there was the entire life before me, to please you,to love you, to make you trust me.This is no less than what i had dreamt,the girl i was waiting for,is you.Now tell me... will you love me???" Tears came down her cheek.Her parents had done more than their duty.They had
    found her the perfect guy. Thank you Mom!!! Thank you Dad!!!

His question remained unanswered yet both knew the answer....
    nice
    Anbe Sivam

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast