Post Thanks / Like
    Hihahahahahahhahhahah...
    That was funny..

Enda paiyan kullanuku heartle otta

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    No doubt Jayaram is a good entertainer.I have seen almost all his movies in Malayalam and really liked the fellow.I hope he doesn't make the mistakes of Lal- becoming a fatty and taking himself for Rajnikant.

The easy comedy roles look good indeed for Jayaram.If he takes up serious character roles or action packed movies,I don't think I will watch him.

Post Thanks / Like
    How was he in Julie Ganapathy ?

I read very good reviews but the film was out of the theatres before i could catch it. Apparently for a great part of the film he was sitting in a cot and had to depended on his expressions. Heard he pulled it off really well
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Innoru Swathy threadaa

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber swathy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger
    Innoru Swathy threadaa

paarthu romba mutti ulla irukkiradhu ellam veliya vara podhu appuram pongalukku aadhi pakka mudiyadhu

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is he doing a role in upcoming Ajit's Paramsivan?

Post Thanks / Like
    yah I saw his still today in TOI

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [tscii]Jayaram started is career with two movies of the Legendary Padmarajan.

He was one of the most lucky to have acted in 3 movies by Padmarajan, even the two M's got chance to act in only 2 movies each, and those remain among their best.

Moonnampakkam - 1988
    (The Third Day)

Thampi (Thilakan), a retired bureaucrat in his 80’s is leading a secluded life in a seaside village in solitude. The news of the arrival of his grandson Bhasi (Jayaram) for vacation creates ripples in his life. Bhasi is a medical student whom he has not seen for many years. Bhasi arrives with 3 of his friends for a memorable vacation. As things brighten up and memories are aroused, a fateful incident occurs. Bhasi, while frolicking with his friends in the beach, disappears in the sea. The old man is shattered, and on the third day, the body is washed ashore… Oh the three day wait for the body to be washed shore (thats the only way to confirm the death) is unbearable

Direction & Screenplay: Padmarajan
    Cast: Thilakan, Jagathi Sreekumar, Jayaram, Keerthi, Ashokan, Rahman
    Cinematography: Venu
    Editing: B Lenin, Vijayan
    Music: Ilyaraja

Aparan - 1988
    (The Other)

A story of mistaken identity, Aparan is about an innocuous good guy mistaken for a gangster boss who may well have been his twin brother (Jayaram double role). Dont mistake this movie for a action or comedy one this is some real hardcode serious cinema. Here again comes the Padmarajan effect he no where categorically tells you if the good guy was indeed the gangster the viewer just believes (rightly or wrongly) it along the way.

Cast: Jayaram, Shobhana, Parvathi, Jalaja, Madhu, Soman
    Music: Johnson

Innale - 1989
    (The Past)

Gauri (Shobhana) the sole survivor of a tragic bus accident loses her memory. Admitted to a private nursing home, where she is diagnosed as suffering from 'hysteric amnesia', she falls in love with the doctor's son (Jayaram). However, Narendran (Suresh Gopi) arrives from USA, claiming to be her husband. But Gauri doesnt recognise Narendran, and he returns to the US wishing the young couple well. Seems to be an ordinary story but the Padmarajan touch is that Narendran's claim that he is Gauri's husband is left unverified. And as you return home after watching the movie the question remains in your mind Was Narendran Gauri's husband and did he drop that claim after realising that Gauri doesnt remember him?

Cast: Shobhana, Jayaram, Suresh Gopi, Srividya
    Music: P G Ravindranath

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Sandeep

Post Thanks / Like
    Sandeep the plots you have described are extremely interesting. As a Tamil, I have always had a justifiable jealosy over the Malayalam films. Having to take different yardsticks to judge Tamil films has always been a source of disappointment that I have carefully hidden.

I had never heard of Padmarajan till today. Thanks for the intro.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast