Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chocolate chip cookies

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

chocolate chip cookies

Hi,

I am new to this board and love to cook. Fortunately, whatever I tried have turned out well so far. My current interest is cookies, cakes and muffins.

Coming to the subject, I tried chocolate chip cookies in my MW. The dough for cookie was yummy and I was eagerly waiting to taste the cookies. But..............to my shock, the choco chips melted, the cookies started spreading all over the pan, have become one big (burned) dosa. Resisting all my temptations to have cookies, I had to throw it in the dusbin (Whinge). Have anyone here tried cookies in MW?. so,
    1. how much time it should cookies take?
    2. Does MW need any pre-heating (I presume it is not necessary) before baking cookies?
    3.What could be wrong?

Please give me your answers and I would love to try various recipe.

Pink dawn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm...cookies... I'm not sure if U can cook it in the microwave oven...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dev
    Hmmm...cookies... I'm not sure if U can cook it in the microwave oven...
    Oh.....but butter cookies came out well in MW.

Post Thanks / Like
    I C... can u post the recipe for butter cookies in MW pls...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Post Thanks / Like
    I C... can u post the recipe for butter cookies in MW pls...
    It is the normal butter cookie recipe....I remember setting the time for 10 mns or so....

I thought (only thought) the problem with chocolate chip cookie is the chips melting......is that so??????

I never knew I cannot make cookies in MW oven.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was of the opinion tht one cannot get the same texture as we get in the cookies baked in traditional oven... maybe I'm wrong...but I had a few failed attempts using MW for cookies... cakes were ok...

Can u pls provide any link for the cookies recipe U tried?...

Post Thanks / Like
    I was of the opinion tht one cannot get the same texture as we get in the cookies baked in traditional oven... maybe I'm wrong...but I had a few failed attempts using MW for cookies... cakes were ok...

Can u pls provide any link for the cookies recipe U tried?...
    Hi dev,

Ingredients
    1.5 cup butter
    3tsp vanilla essence
    1 cup self-rising flour
    1 cup brown sugar
    1/2 cup grated chocolate

Method
    Beat the butter till creamy.
    Next add the rest of the ingredients.
    Make balls of the mixture and place them on the greasy tray.
    Now press these balls on the greasy tray and keep in the oven for 160' till hard.
    Serve chilled.

This choco chip recipe is from bawarchi.com under microwave cooking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the recipe, pinkdawn... Will try it out when I find time...

Member Junior Hubber riceandbeans's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Baking is such a great thing. Baking cookies and its countless variations and kinds can be such an interesting and easy activity. It doesn't take more than 15 minutes to bake a whole batch of the most delicious chocolate chip cookies that will make your house smell heavenly so, I wonder, why would someone want to use the microwave for such an uncomplicated task, for pete's sake???

Post Thanks / Like
    The microwave oven is great for many things but NOT for bread, pastry, cakes, cookies, etc.
    You will not be able to bake cookies in a microwave oven. Sorry to hear yours ended in the trash!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast