Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Showing Affection in Public Places

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Showing Affection in Public Places

I was shocked to watch the barbaric and inhuman incident on TV,where unsuspecting couples who visited the Gandhi Udyan in Meerut were beaten up by women officers who looked like eunuchs.I was reminded of a scene on CNN,where a Taliban guard had beaten up a helpless woman with a stick in Afghanistan just for revealing her face!These women rowdies were pulling the hair of girls and punching and beating them while their male counterparts stopped terrorised girls from running away,with lathis.These cops are cowards and imbeciles who can not make any positive change to the society or touch a single hair of the real goons out there.The most intriguing part is that they had already invited th whole media to witness and telecast their 'heroism' which they call 'operation Majnu'!

Why is this happening in India?Almost sixty years after independence are we going back to the stone age?These poor lovers have no other place to spend time together.Our cities offer no other chance for couples to meet except public parks.Or falling in love itself a sin? I have seen this attitude from the police in Bangalore too.I have witnessed the same scene in Lalbagh and was forced to go out from a small park near Richards Town,where I was sitting,talking to my then fiance,now wife!

I am sure almost all of these people are inoffensive lovers and the maximum they do is to hold hands in Public.Why should it offend these thugs?

I hope these terrorists are punished in the most horrible way, and they don't get away with it.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/051221/137/61n37.html
    "It was the inaction of those who could have acted,the indifference of those who should have known better,the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered the most, that made it possible for evil to triumph"-[Hailey Gabricelassie]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    why open a new thread? I suppose this can be discussed under "SHAME" topic itself.

or news in papers?!?!?

Post Thanks / Like
    No probs,if the mods will!Though the topic I actually meant was about lovers expressing themselves in public places!May be in my anger,I digressed from the topic I started myself!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, "A Shame" is also to discuss the propriety of western style of "love" and all that follows/includes! Like pampering the poor things by opening condom vending machines everywhere!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The merut insident was a shame on the nation. A girl has gone to the court because she was beaten while talking to her brother. She was called a whore. One lover couple (Anil or Ajit or something) has not returned home after the incident. Police doesnt have the right to punish or even to declare someone as guilty. Thats what courts are established for.

Anyway I am happy to see them in suspended.

As for the real Topic I am not very much in support of public display of love (especially in non-lover bird spots) as you are causing inconvenience to others. For instance a stroll in Lalbagh (Bangalore), which should help you relax your senses, will instead raise your blood pressure.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think there is much more to this whole episode than just the police officers illtreating the ladies in the park.

The lady claiming to be with her Bother seems to be a cookedup story. People who roam around in parks most of the times are people who are involved in activities that cannot be done in public view. As Sandeep told, you just cannot have a walk round the park Lalbagh with your young ones. I think such actions are good to: it checks on im-moral activities in public areas and sends a message to all maintain public desency.

Most of the time the police officers need to be harsh because the people whom they interact belong to a different class and need to be handled that way and ofcouse just looking at people you cannot decide as to which class they belong to, you need to have a feel of them initially.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber ssanjinika's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I'd like to know is ..is the crime in the city of Meerut down to such a level that the police have nothing else better todo?Arent there any robbers,murderers,kidnappers etc etc they are supposed to be chasing??

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sanguine Sridhar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont want to support either! Bangalore ppl just tell me whats happening at Lalbagh garden..and Chennai ppl just tell me whats happening at Guindy childrens park? If you think whats happening there are legal..then no issues! India is still conservative country when you bring your families(with small kids or teenage gals or guys) the family head will be embarrassed.As long the lovers maintains the decorum of the park then no problem.But to be honest what i saw in both of the parks..OMG hard to digest!

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the difference between a cop and a maggot?

A maggot only lives off carcasses

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast