Page 84 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharing-IR's music-interviews-BgmClips- in web

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala (Karthik) View Post
    kuRippatta sila topic pEsunA dhaan 'yA thalaiyai kaamikkiRaar.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Englis englis roman script roman script

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    Englis englis roman script roman script
    Ilayaraja in 1985 interview to Kalki :

"oru uyarndha padaththai isai amaippALArAl kedukka mudiyAthu. avanukkukketta peyar vandhu sEruvadhOdu sari. AnAl, oru sarAsari padaththai isai amaippALAn uyarththavum mudiyum; kedukkavum mudiyum"

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The beautiful End title score of Sri Rama Rajyam:

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/1ODwVPrg/SRR_end_titles.html

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    digression yet somehow relevant to IR's style of music/BGM making - http://collider.com/brooklyn-decker-...erview/153633/

Peter Berg, the director of the recent summer scifi action flick - BATTLESHIP - abt music composer Steve Jablonsky’s score for the film

Berg: "He’s a genius. Steve Jablonsky is the sh*t! I think that guy is the best composer working today, hands down. Working with composers often is a really frustrating experience because you speak a different language and, oftentimes, they take two or three jobs, at the same time. They’re difficult and pretentious and they’re tormented artists. I’m not going to name names, but most of them are. One guy who isn’t is Hans Zimmer, who taught Steve Jablonsky. We had a couple of meetings and I came up with this idea. The day I met with him, I had had an MRI for my neck, and they make that really scary sound. I was like, “I just had this MRI, and when I was in there, I was thinking about the aliens, and it was really scary.” And he was like, “Oh, that’s awesome!” He went and recorded MRIs and made music out of MRIs, and that’s the theme of the aliens in our film. He is no drama, and just goes and gets it done. The score is big and awesome and scary and driving. At times, it’s very simple and acoustic and touching and emotional. He’s the best I’ve ever worked with. "

isn't that how IR composes too ?? inspiring himself from a sound idea to come up with a motif and building on it ??

here is that theme he is referring to:

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    -------------------------------------------------
    Memoirs of a Rahmaniac

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suresh,

I am totally unable to understand your motivation for this post. Are you trying to say we appreciate Raja's BGM because it is by Raja and not because it is appropriate? Raja felt there was a need for BGM there so he kept it. If he had not felt the need for BGM, he would have been silent. You can only talk about what is present. Honestly, as I said in the beginning, I don't see any point in your post.

I don't know but going by your earlier Raja vs Rahman post and this post it almost looks like you are on a mission to convince people that we appreciate Raja because he is close to us and that almost all BGM by everyone is good !!! I may be wrong but that is the feeling I get. It would be probably nice if you stick to analysing BGM and not come up with some vague comparison.

Thanks for the understanding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool. I was just thinking loud. I wanted to know if anyone else would have thought same way? I just write what I honestly feel about certain things and it is not to propagate any theory.

I am just wondering how even a very pedestrian, functional score is enough for ordinary film-goers to like a film. Like how Salman's performance was enough for them. But does that doesn't mean Salman is perfect for the role. It is just that he was good enough for those who liked that film as much as we liked Sethu. That doesn't mean Salman = Vikram.

I am not saying we like it only because it is Raaja, I am just saying Raaja's isn't the only way, there is always the other right way, though it may not be the best way. But, with background score, as people don't care about it much, just being right is enough, I guess.

Hope I clarified. Need to work on my writing skills. My posts seem to suggest what I didn't intend to.
    Memoirs of a Rahmaniac

Post Thanks / Like
    "we appreciate Raja because he is close to us" - I don't know about "We", but I am like that. I have that prejudice. I just wanted to know if anyone else is like that. That is why I tailed it with a question "What would you have thought?"
    Memoirs of a Rahmaniac

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    suresh,
    I think you are caught in some confusion regarding to accept Raja's scores. We are perfectly fine with this. You wanted to convince yourself as well as others that just the functional score is good enough for any film. What is this big drama Raja is doing? Since you always have ARR at the back of your mind and not willing to put him down (which I really appreciate), you want convince again and again that functional score is good enough (citing ordinary film-goers, as an excuse). If for the same reason, you don't want to bring your idol down, you have already pulled indirectly Raja down here by nullifying his work as nothing, citing people don't care much about it. Good job, keep it up!

It's like saying, why to compose good songs, if people nowadays are not interested much. Just if it is pleasing to ears or if it makes people dance , it is enough, nothing else is needed. Don't do different genres, one is enough for these people. Can you accept it? I know we cannot compare songs with background score, it is always the belief system that we ride on. One day or other, the background scores will be talking more than the songs themselves, who knows. Someone has to light the candle and it is one and only Ilaiyaraaja.

I would like to quote Director Mahendran's/Balu Mahendra (not sure exactly) words here. People will not know much about films, just that they want to pass their 2 hours in the theatre. Because of that, we should not take them as granted and produce ordinary (in your case functional) movies. You are already saying others may not do the best way, but they are right and it is just enough. Now, think about about the above statement if the directors/music directors are doing justice, if they think like you.

Do they need to enhance the movie/music experience of the audience to a different level, or just stay stagnant and don't bother people to elevate them. Even if few people are attending and understanding these minute details, it is beneficial and that's the success of the directors/music directors and the film. That's how the film industry and music industry and the audience watching these films have evolved. Please think about it. That's where Maestro stands tall and tallest in this department with no competitors ever. I am even wondering if we would be talking about background score, if we were born 50 years ago. That's the difference we are talking about. As Suresh ji said, it is not good to compare the films' background scores, it will never give you the correct picture.
    Last edited by V_S; 26th May 2012 at 08:17 AM.

Page 84 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast