Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Some more IR stunners

One interesting observation for 'engengO sellum' in this blog post :
    பாடலின் காட்சியில் 56 வயது யுவனும் 26 வயது யுவதியும் தோன்றுகிறார்கள்.Real stunner!

I was earlier thinking that this song should have been for Sridevi + lover who also acted in PKB. Sometime back, youtube proved otherwise - that Sivaji provided unintentional comedy on-screen for this gem of a song

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice clip of Raja's guitarist Sadanandan appearing in Airtel Super Singer, playing some lovely tunes and talking about Raja.

Post Thanks / Like
    Suresh,
    Patoda youtube dhan iruku. Sada Sir youtube link pl.......
    Usha Sankar

Post Thanks / Like
    five nice songs

புதிய பூவிது பூத்தது - தென்றலே என்னைத்தொடு

இந்த பாட்டில் இன்னொரு சுவாரசியமான விஷயம். இந்த பாடலில் வயலின்கள் போல் ஒலிக்கும் இசை உற்றுக் கேட்டால் தெரியும் அது வயலின் இல்லை என்று. ராஜா நோட்ஸ் எழுதி ஒலிப்பதிவிற்கு செல்லும் போது தான் தெரிந்தது வயலின் கலைஞர்கள் எல்லோரும் மும்பை சென்றுவிட்டார்கள், ஹிந்தி படத்திற்கு வாசிப்பதற்காக. ராஜாவோ இயக்குனர் ஸ்ரீதருக்கு வாக்கு கொடுத்துவிட்டார், பாடலை அன்றே முடித்து தருவது என்று. ராஜா உடனே சென்னையில் உள்ள மாண்டலின் கலைஞர்கள் அனைவரையும் கூப்பிட்டு இந்த பாடலை பதிவு செய்தார். வயலினுக்கு எழுதிய நோட்ஸை மாண்டலினிலும் எளிதாக வாசிக்க்கலாமாம்.
    Is it?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wonderful BGM.
    on the loop for the best part of this morning..

Goose flesh inducing music.

watch out for the mellow variation of the theme when a small boy enters the scene. Subtlety and grandeur mixed in equal proportions - thy name is raaja.

BTW I did not find Raaja's speech in NBW (Nothing but wind - not non bailable warrant) function out of place or odd. Typical IR speech - the degradation of rasanais is there very much to see.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    A Counterpoint in Thalabhadhi BGM

http://www.backgroundscore.com/2010/...nterpoint.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw the program called 'Hariyudan Naan' on Jaya TV today. Quite a few Raja songs sung today. This episode was Onam special and one beautiful girl sang 'Thumbi Vaa'. Sarath, who is one of the judges, remarked, "I don't think any song has been such a massive hit as this song in Kerala. Janaki has sung this wonderfully. You don't know whether you should follow the tune or the orchestration. Illayaraja is known as 'Isai Gnani'. I think he should be called 'Isai Raja Maha Gnani' " One guy sang 'pitchai pathiram' decently and was overcome by emotion and couldn't complete the song.

Post Thanks / Like
    Two wonderful dance numbers: A Malayalam one and a Telugu one.

http://rajamanjari.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    You learn something new every day!!! One of my classmates from Osmania Univ, a Telugu person, is a major Raja fan it seems and I didn't know that till around yesterday!!! Here is what he wrote about his experience with Raja's music:

"That reminds me of another incident in our college days. Actually I was crazy about Ilayaraja's music (once my friend took me to his recording in Chennai, I was simply thrilled). As there are not much Ilayaraja's songs in telugu at that time, I used to tune to tamil songs on radio; with great difficulty I used to catch some stations such as radio Ceylon.There is this Yesudas solo in tamil with Ilayaraja's music which I liked so much that I requested Natarajan and Kumaravelu to write in English and I practiced it for a day or two and I gave a live performance to my dearest audience Natarajan and Kumaravelu. It was in evening twilight, fading light falling through those large windows of hostel room, both my friends were sitting face to face with a study table in between them, little nervous and shakily I started and sang that beautiful song `Eeramana Rojavae, Ennai Paarthu Moodathae ……."

The impact that Raja made !!!!

Page 75 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast