V_S - I totally agree with everything you said, except "What is this big drama Raja is doing?". No. I don't have that in my mind at all. He does it best, but people in general seem to have the best experience with a film even with a lesser score. And even with an incredible score (as in Ninaivellam Nithya) with melodies that transcends the film and time, people could have a terrible experience and hate the film.

I didn't say "people don't care much about Raja's background score". People don't care about background scores in general. So, nothing nullifies nothing here.

I have said it many times. If not for Ilaiyaraaja, we wouldn't be talking about background scores as much.

However, I, agree that I am in a great confusion. I am trying to understand. I keep asking these questions to myself. I post them on my blog expecting to have such arguments from readers, so that I can have clarity.

And, in my opinion, A.R.Rahman doesn't give "just right" score, so I don't have to defend him at all, by writing these kind of posts.