Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Gautham Menon work with IR?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by njv
    Dont know whos idea it was. If it was Kamal's then no need to thank him since he is just like us, HCIRF. If its Gautham, big thanks to Gautham.
    Ia a Radio Mirchi Interview some months back Gautham Said that his Favourite Composer was Raaja. And was telling some nostalgic memories about the movies of the eighties like Mounaraagam, Agni natchathiram etc., He said the immtly after cassettes realease he would buy and keep listening and get drenched into it and visualise/guess how the songs should/would be shot.
    It shows his admiration towards IR. So its possible that it was either of them or both their ideas to incorporate this novel idea

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    then why doesnt he sign IR for his movies ???

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "then why doesnt he sign IR for his movies ???"

business dhaan ! Even director saran claims as HCIRF, but he goes to that crap baradwaj for his films !

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "business dhaan ! Even director saran claims as HCIRF, but he goes to that crap baradwaj for his films !"

I dont buy this! look at our Bengalis or Maharashtrians, come what may, they promote their own people so blindly, even if that person does not have genuine talent (Sourav Ganguly and Amitabh Bachan are examples I can give here)!

though I dont want to be parochial, this kind of neglecting our own talent (and that too some talent like IR) is very much our singularly remarkable characteristic!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajasaranam
    Quote Originally Posted by njv
    Dont know whos idea it was. If it was Kamal's then no need to thank him since he is just like us, HCIRF. If its Gautham, big thanks to Gautham.
    Ia a Radio Mirchi Interview some months back Gautham Said that his Favourite Composer was Raaja. And was telling some nostalgic memories about the movies of the eighties like Mounaraagam, Agni natchathiram etc., He said the immtly after cassettes realease he would buy and keep listening and get drenched into it and visualise/guess how the songs should/would be shot.
    It shows his admiration towards IR. So its possible that it was either of them or both their ideas to incorporate this novel idea
    I really envy you! Here I am sitting in NJ and hardly get these interviews (Thanks to few sites like Indiaglitz we have some available). thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123
    then why doesnt he sign IR for his movies ???
    Whether we accept it or not the industry has lost faith in the commercial/Saleable aspect of IR Many of the upcoming directors want IR do thier films but the Producers and distributors force them to go for some one new or a current hit composer like YSR, HJ, BW, VS etc., These composers are ready to bend to any proportions in giving hit songs. they copy use loops and try incorporating some new sounds and all to make it sound catchy and rhythmic for the audience.
    Incidentally the directors choose these MD's neglecting Raaja.
    If you happen to read Cheran's Autobiography that came in Vikatan. he had said that he would go from producer to producer describing stories. And at one point when he was explaining a story to Sarathkumar " Sir neenga beachla irukeenga anga Radhiga madam varaanga.... neenga rendum perum sandhikum bodhu ungalukkulla solla mudiyatha oru unarvu varutha.....thayangi nikreenga meedhiyaellam Raaja sir BGMla paathupaar" That is kind of admiration Driectors have towards Raaja.
    But incidentally when he wanted Raaja for his first movie 'barathi kannama' the producer said he cant afford to pay raaja and booked Deva And he had to go on with the industry standards
    Iam not exagerating anything this is from his own biography.
    Even director mysskin's first movie is by some one else now he have say and is going for Raaja for his next movie. Similarly Gautham may come up with a script someday when he will be compelled to the extent that only Raaja can do justice to that script and he will sure come to him. till then he will be a fan of raaja while using HJ commercially :P

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    RS,
    You have a very valid point. However, in the case of Gowtham menon, he wud stick to HJ because he was instrumental in making HJ an MD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shankar,

Are you convinced now that Gautham will Infact work with Raaja One day
    http://www.hindu.com/2006/09/19/stor...1917090200.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    Think about this !

1. It has been 30 long years since the music director entered the field.

2. It has been 14 long years since he was apparently challenged for the first time by a young 26yrs old new chap.

3. It has been nearly 10 years since a new gang of music directors came to the field and began fighting for the throne.

After all these, one of the most hot young film director says he is eager to work with this music director.
    Don't you think this is enough to speak about our Raja ?
    He is just not still remembered, he is wanted !!
    This itself will be a record in film history ! No one has achieved this before. We have to really see whether ARR can do this in the year 2022 ( 30 years after he entered the field )..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raja_fan
    No one has achieved this before. We have to really see whether ARR can do this in the year 2022 ( 30 years after he entered the field )..
    i dont think ARR will be a wanted MD in 2022 (i'm not expecting him to be one in 2010 even)...that's where i guess u r wrong......infact we,ARR fans wud not like to see ARR trying to better or equal IR's achievements......he should/will create a new path for greatness on his own.......ARR wouldnt like to emulate IR in anyway, i believe......

maybe u can expect somebody like a Yuvan or Harris jeyaraj to try to emulate IR......(i strictly mean "try" cos i'm sure they can never actually emulate IR in their lifetime)
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast