Page 3 of 216 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest News on Tamil Cinema

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Shivaji" looks younger than "SaravaNan"!

This One still is good enough for "selling out of Shivaji" !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber ssanjinika's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry thought I put this in the Film queries section..

Post Thanks / Like
    Tamil Nadu - Chennai

Promoting South Africa for film shooting

"We have some of the best locations where one would like to stay forever. Mountains, beaches, landscapes, greenery and modern buildings all can be used in Indian films. One can get maximum concession from our Government if a full film is made in our country."

Rajendran Govender is a fourth generation Indian in South Africa. He traces his family roots to Salem in Tamil Nadu. Now the Director of Arts and Culture Development in the Government of Kwa-Zulu Natal (whose capital is Durban), he also heads Kharwastan Secondary School, Indo-South African Association and South African Malaysian Friendship Association. He was involved in the formulation of the new arts and culture policy. During his recent visit to India, Rajendran Govender spoke to S.R. Ashok Kumar on how the countries could benefit by friendship and continued cultural exchanges.

Actually, he came to India for a fortnight as part of his research on ``Ancestor worship and death rituals of Hindus and Zulus of South Africa."

"I saw a lot of similarities between the two cultures. It was interesting to note that the Hindus and the Zulus are similar in a number of aspects. That's why I came here, particularly Karnataka, for a detailed study. I stayed with the Kodavas for nearly a week to explore the activities of Coorgs and Tulu-speaking community, whose practices are similar to that of the Zulus on ancestral worship."

But that was not only his agenda in India. As a government representative he met film industry personalities here for promoting South Africa as a location for film shooting. That, he believes, can improve the bilateral ties.

"We have some of the best locations where one would like to stay forever. Mountains, beaches, landscapes, greenery and modern buildings can be used in Indian films. One can get maximum concession from our Government if a full film is made in our country. I met actor Prasanth and his father Thyagarajan, director-actor Ravichandran and his son Hamsavardhan. It was a wonderful meeting with director Adhiyaman and music director Bharadwaj with whom I discussed dubbing of their film "Priyasakhi" into Zulu."

Mr. Govender also met the educational fraternity to organise cultural exchange programmes involving students from Chennai and South Africa.

He presented a paper "Cross Cultural studies of rituals and practices in South Africa: A vehicle for national building" at the 2nd International Conference for Culture and Religion, at New Delhi.

"I can read, write and understand Tamil. I have passed matriculation in the Africkaans language and completed my basic communication [course] in Zulu."

He feels Indian films can be a major attraction in his country. "Rajnikant, whose Chandramukhi ran for 100 days in our place, has a big fan following in our country. Priyasakhi is one of the few films which got good response. So we decided to dub it in Zulu. But the films need English subtitles," he said.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Internationally THEY LOVE MADHAVAN. What if our ppl did not realise priyasakhi's value ZULU ppl realise it :happy: :crazy:

:SIGH: :GRIN: :OVERWHELMED:

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vijaykanth was admitted to hospital because of heart pain.
    its feared as heart attack..

source: www.dinakaran.com

ithu heart attack vaaram

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kozhu kozhunu dishti poosanikkai maathiri irukkaaru..cholestrol athikamaathaan irukkum;ithula vaay kizhiya katthuraaru,arasiyal vera heart attack varaathaa pinna!
    Quote Originally Posted by kb
    Vijaykanth was admitted to hospital because of heart pain.
    its feared as heart attack..

source: www.dinakaran.com

ithu heart attack vaaram

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sinthiya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakthiprabha
    Internationally THEY LOVE MADHAVAN. What if our ppl did not realise priyasakhi's value ZULU ppl realise it :happy: :crazy:

:SIGH: :GRIN: :OVERWHELMED:

Post Thanks / Like
    all I can see is a fan from Canada(well that's internationaly )

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sinthiya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by justice
    all I can see is a fan from Canada(well that's internationaly )
    exactly :P

Senior Member Senior Hubber Thiru's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Battle lines drawn
    IndiaGlitz [Thursday, January 12, 2006]

In less than 48 hours, the Kollywood will witness a stiff battle at the box office.

All battle lines have been drawn and everything is ready for one of the interesting contest.

Ajith's Paramasivan while Vijay's Aathi, Silambarasan's Saravana and Prabhu-Murali starrer Pasaakiligal are also releasing on the Pongal day (Saturday).

The advance bookings began on Wednesday at the theatres and almost all theatres where these films are getting released are wearing a festive look with avid fans decorating the whole place.

More over, a showdown between Ajith and Vijay at the box office is considered very personal by their fans. It is the equivalent of Indo-Pak clash on the cricket field.

The fans have been going around pasting posters inviting people to the theatres.

Let's hope all the movies click and usher a good beginning to Kollywood this year.

Page 3 of 216 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast