Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lots of carrots.... recipes please

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Red Pepper: It should not become hard, keep in the fridge for a week, heat it up in the microwave just before serving....

Note: Add a little bit of vannila ice cream on top of hot carrot halwa.... and it will be yummier
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber Cindy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Instead of adding cashew paste to thicken your kofta curry, butter chicken, mushroom curry etc... add carrot paste... and I am sure.. you will love the taste.. and u can make ur dish nutritious too...

you can make carrot pakodas too... just add some grated carrot to your regular pakoda ingredients...

And yes Alan, we too make Oothappam with carrot, grated coconut, onion, cabbage, capsicum...(the list can vary with ur imagination and also the veggies available at home).. my son calls this "dosa pizza"

The next time you make pineapple juice, try adding some carrots too... this combination is just wonderful..

Then instead of adding artificial color to your kesari next time.. try carrot rava kesari... nutritious, colorful.. and yummy.

fry one cup of rava with a teaspoon full ghee in low flame.. and keep it to cool.

grind carrot to paste.. and fry in a nonstick pan with a little ghee...as for carrot halwa

when the carrot is cooked, add two cups of water, 1 1/2 cups of sugar and elaichi powder.. when start to boil, add the roasted rava and 2 tablespoons of ghee with continued stirring, and in low flame... whendone, spread on a greased plate and cut into your fav shapes.. decorate with carrots pieces cut into your fav shapes.

u can add a piece of beetroot too to the carrot paste... to get a different color.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oiye Red Pepper, Cindy & Anu have some fab tips for you there.

Btw, aren't the carrots in your fridge over yet?

Senior Member Devoted Hubber RedPepper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan
    Yes, You can refridgerate it. But it may become hard, no? Did your daughter enjoy it?
    Yes my daughter did like it. But I didn't tell that it was made out of carrot. Kids don't care about the ingredients as long as it taste sweet. But she doesn't like carrots and beet roots that much so I was afraid she wouldn't eat it if she knows that it has caarrots in it. I don't complain about this because she loves other vegetables like green beans, broccoli, spinach(to an extent), potato etc.
    Red Pepper
    <font size=1>Some products from my workshop! </font>

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Cindy and Anoushka, for those wonderful ideas.
    Red Pepper

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan
    Oiye Red Pepper, Cindy & Anu have some fab tips for you there.

Btw, aren't the carrots in your fridge over yet?
    Nope. Alan, these were big bags of carrots. About 20-25 carrots in a bag. But I am glad that I finishjed the first bag with all your ideas and recipes. Now I only have one bag left so I am slowing down. I have saved all the recipes posted here.
    Red Pepper

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are welcome RedPepper Also, you can make beetroot halwa exactly the same way you made carrot halwa, that would be a nice way to make your daughter eat beetroots
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sanguine Sridhar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My mom use to do one side dish using carrot..she will slice carrot into threads and she will put those threads on the fresh curd and she will leave it for 30 mins.Its really tasty... I juz luv it..Don ask me the name..keep it as 'Sridhar Special'

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sanguine Sridhar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My mom use to do one side dish using carrot..she will slice carrot into threads and she will put those threads on the fresh curd and she will leave it for 30 mins.Its really tasty... I juz luv it..Don ask me the name..keep it as 'Sridhar Special'

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoushka
    You are welcome RedPepper Also, you can make beetroot halwa exactly the same way you made carrot halwa, that would be a nice way to make your daughter eat beetroots
    I like beetroot halwas better than carrot halwa... beetroot halwa has a very nice flavour like that of rose milk...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast