Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe
    Quote Originally Posted by raaja_rasigan
    Thirakku munnal villain

Thiraikku pinnal hero

Gurusami nambiyar innum siridhu kalam vazhga valamudan
    athu ennanga "siridhu kalam"

Needudi Vazhga!
    I think already he had crossed 90 years..... so, pala kaalam irundhu than udalai varuthi kolla vendam endra ennathil post seidhu vittaen.......

ennai mannikkavum ayya

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing that is often overlooked about Nambiar is the fact that he is so damned good in comedy.

Sivank mentioned Makkalai Petra Magarasi. He played second hero (yes, soft enough to rival GG and so damned good looking at that), MNN also played it funny. I have to watch it back, but I remember a night scene with VKR.

In a recent movie, (I forgot the name) he starred with Sarath Kumar and Ramdass, playing the latter's father and the former's grandfather. He is the guy who spoils his son and grandson and he is so funny.

I think if he had done more comedy roles he would have given Nagesh and others a run for their money.

One of the greatest contributors in the Tamizh cinema, the only one who really gave MGR hardest time on screen.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    In a recent movie, (I forgot the name) he starred with Sarath Kumar and Ramdass, playing the latter's father and the former's grandfather. He is the guy who spoils his son and grandson and he is so funny.
    Name of that movie is "மூவேந்தர்"

Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    One thing that is often overlooked about Nambiar is the fact that he is so damned good in comedy.
    Your are right...

In the movie "தூரல் நின்னு போச்சு" also he has done more comedy than Bagyaraj.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber sivank's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is what I was looking/waiting for.

Very good one Saradha Madam. Thanks for sharing your thoughts .

Joe neenga solrathu romba nijam. MNN was considered as the real enemy of MGR.

Groucho, I remember the scene from Makkalai petra Magarasi. Both VKR and MNN will be getting ready to go to bed. MNN is supposed to meet M.N. Rajam and VKR is trying to stop that. Really hilarious. Also his role in Missiamma is laced heavily with comedy.
    niraive kaanum manam vendum
    iraivaa nee adhai thara vendum

Post Thanks / Like
    It is said that nambiyar did 9 roles in the film "digambara samiyar.

I watched the last part of the film on DD, but did not see him in nore than 1 role.

Can anybody throw light on this?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smith1
    It is said that nambiyar did 9 roles in the film "digambara samiyar.

I watched the last part of the film on DD, but did not see him in nore than 1 role.

Can anybody throw light on this?
    You are correct... Smith.

In 'Thigambara Samiyar', Nambiar did not act in nine roles (same like what Shivaji done in Navarathri).

He acted only one role, but he will come in nine different get-ups (same like what Shivaji done in Rajapart Rangadurai), to find out the hijack of the heroine.

The movie was done by Modern Theatres, and the story was fully based on two towns in Thanjavur district, ie Kumbakonam and Mannarkudi.

A nice movie to watch. Nambiar done the main role as CID officer perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Earlier he used to come to adyar boat club road for morning walk.

A very pleasant man with no starry airs whatsoever.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber mr_karthik's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by saradhaa_sn
    நம்பியார் எந்த ஊருக்கு வெளிப்புறப் படப்பிடிப்புக்கு சென்றாலும், தன் மனைவி கையால சமைத்துத்தான் சாப்பிடுவார். அதற்காக தன் சொந்த செலவில் தன் மனைவியை அழைத்துப்போவார். ஒருமுறை ஒரு தயாரிப்பாளர், நம்பியாரின் மனைவிக்கும் சேர்த்து தன் கம்பெனி செலவில் விமான டிக்கெட் எடுத்து விட்டார். ஆனால் நம்பியார் அதை மறுத்து விட்டார். "நான் மட்டும்தான் உங்கள் படத்தில் நடிக்கிறேன், என் மனைவி நடிக்கவில்லை" என்று கூறி, அதற்கான தொகையை தன் சம்பளத்தில் இருந்து குறைத்துக் கொண்டார். (My God....இந்தக்காலத்தில் இப்படியும் ஒருவர்..!!!!!)
    இப்போதான் தெரிகிறது இவர் ஏன் அரசியலுக்கு வரவில்லை என்று.

இவ்வளவு நேர்மையாக இருந்தால் தாக்குப்பிடிக்க முடியுமா?.

(இந்த த்ரெட்டை மீண்டும் உசுப்பேற்றி விட்ட Jilaba வுக்கு நன்றி)

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe
    Quote Originally Posted by saradhaa_sn
    ** எம்.ஜி.ஆருடன் ஏராளமான படங்களில் நடித்தது மட்டுமல்லாமல் அவருடைய நெருங்கிய நண்பராக இருந்தும் கூட நம்பியார் இதுவரை அரசியல் மேடைகளில் ஏறியதும் கிடையாது, எந்த அரசியல் கட்சியையும் சார்ந்ததும் கிடையாது..
    அந்த காலத்தில் கிராம மக்கள் நிஜமாகவே எம்.ஜி.ஆரின் எதிரியாக நினைத்தது நம்பியாரைத் தான்.

செல்வகுமார் முன்பு ஒரு நிகழ்ச்சியை குறிப்பிட்டிருந்தார் ..கிராமத்து மக்கள் ஒரு முறை நம்பியாரின் காரை வழிமறித்து "நீ தானே எங்க வாத்தியாரை மிரட்டினது ,அடித்தது ..இனிமேல் இந்த வேலையெல்லாம் வச்சுக்காதீங்க" என்று கோபமாக பேசினார்களாம் .. நம்பியாரும் தமாசாக "ஏம்பா ! உங்க வாத்தியாரும் என்னை அடிச்சாருல்ல" என்றதற்கு "வாத்தியார் அடிப்பாரு .நீ திருப்பியெல்லாம் அடிக்க கூடாது" என்றார்களாம்.

ஒரு வேளை எம்.ஜி.ஆருக்கு ஆதரவாக நம்பியார் அரசியலில் பிரச்சாரம் செய்திருந்தார் மக்கள் எம்.ஜி.ஆர் மீதே சந்தேகப்பட்டு "என்னங்க..விளையாடுறீங்களா?" -ன்னு கேட்டாலும் கேட்டிருப்பாங்க ..அதுக்கு பதிலா நம்பியாரை எதிர் கட்சியியில சேர சொல்லி பிரச்சாரம் செய்ய விட்டிருந்தா நல்லா எடுபட்டிருக்கும் ..வாத்தியாருக்கு இன்னும் ஓட்டு அதிகமாயிருக்கும்
    Joe Good one Just read this one

MGR villans : I would rate Both M.R.Radha & MNN equally and who can forget MNN ! / dig In black & white movies, MRR didn't get much scope like MNN in few movies for the villan roles. But few films he is / dig

btw, MNN became one of the deadly villans only in his mid-age. YOung age la sila soft roles panni irukkaar

Groucho,
    Agree on his comedy timing. Even in the film "Thooran ninnu pochu" he was awesome.
    In one scene, he will imitate the heroine and how she said ! "enga appaaru yaarai kattika solluraaroe, avara thaan naan kattikuvaen. nee ithula thaiyidatha periyappa" ughhh nnu sollitta ! his expression in that scene
    And who can forget Aayirathil oruvan. In VEYYIL, vasanth had captured this as well. Bharath ah nadicha payyan MNN - MGR ai Aayirathil Oruvan padathula adikuratha paarthu, kalla vittu adipaar Enjoyed it !
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Post Thanks / Like
    I think as an actor, MRR was streets ahead.

Nambiar had the same stereotype mannerisms as a villain. Maybe in the odd film or two he tried to do something (like his make up in USV), but by & large, it was the same stereotyped acting.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast