Recipes for Pasta

Hi,

Pls share recipes for making Pasta..

Anitha

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber ssanjinika's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I watch Rachel Rays 30 min meals on Food TV regularly.Ive found her pasta recipies to be both easy to make and excellent.You could log on to FoodTV.com and check out her recipies

Senior Member Devoted Hubber RedPepper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guess you are a non-veg...

I was trying to replicate one dish that I ate at an Italian restaurant and this is what I came up with. This tastes somewhat close to what I ate at the restaurant.

Grilled chicken cut into small pieces – 1 cup (I make this dish when I have leftover grilled chicken breasts. I think you can grill some chicken for this purpose, or use some fried chicken breasts.)
    Mushrooms – 1 pack
    Dried tomatoes cut into thin stripes - ½ cup (I don’t think you can substitute fresh tomatoes here, the restaurant used dried tomatoes and the flavor is different. (http://www.laquila.co.uk/images/medveg/medveg_tom.jpg)
    Garlic – 3 medium cloves (edit: roast this in a preheated oven for about 15 mts, until the flesh turns light brown)
    Heavy whipping cream – 1 pint
    Parmesan cheese – I have no measure for this. Probably ½ to Ύ cup grated, and more for garnishing.
    Chopped fresh parsley leaves
    Butter
    Bow tie pasta

Peel the roasted garlic and make a paste. Mix this paste to the heavy cream and boil the mixture in a heavy bottom saucepan. Stir occasionally.
    On another burner, start cooking pasta according to package directions.
    On another burner, heat up some butter and stir-fry the mushrooms with enough salt. Add dried tomatoes and chicken pieces and cook for a minute. Then turn off the flame.

Now get back to the pan where the cream is boiling. Add parsley leaves and slowly add parmesan little by little. Keep stirring. It will become thicker. Add salt and pepper. The sauce is ready. You can now mix this with the chicken and mushrooms.

Drain pasta, and mix with the sauce. Transfer to a serving plate, and sprinkle more grated parmesan on top. Serve hot.

You can also use store bought alfredo sauce instead of making your own sauce. But I like to follow the above method.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ground meat, Ragu, onion, garlic, basil and oregano make a quick sauce for any type of pasta, especially spaghetti.
    Red Pepper
    <font size=1>Some products from my workshop! </font>

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    here`s a great site: http://pasta.allrecipes.com/ enjoy your pasta!

& here is my favourite cooking site,hope you find something you like http://www.nigella.com/

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like my pasta with white sauce and this is how I make it.

Boil pasta with a pinch of salt and when it is cooked, drain it and leave it aside.

Stir fry veggies of your choice like corn, mushroom, pepper, onion, peas, beans, carrot! Fry a pod of chopped garlic as well, add all this to the pasta.

Now in a pan take a table spoon of butter and add a spoon of plain flour to it, keep stirring it till it gets cooked and the raw smell is gone, to this add mustard powder ( a pinch) or mustard paste, a teaspoon of tomato ketchup and stir it in, to this add milk little by little and stir it well taking care that lumps are not formed. if you have one of those hand held mixies, then you can stir the milk in and use the hand held to make sure there are no lumps. Add this sauce to the pasta veg mix. Top this up with grated cheddar cheese and stick it in the oven till the cheese browns....

This is pasta bake ready for you
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a simple pasta recipie which I make once in a while....

Ingredients:

Pasta - desired quantity/shape
    1/2 onion - chopped
    Mustard seeds - to splatter
    Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
    Channa Dal - 1/2 teaspoon
    Pasta sauce ( I like Tomato-Basil sauce )
    Garam Masala powder
    Sambar Powder
    little Tumeric powder
    little Curry leaves
    1 Green chilli pepper - Chopped

Boil Pasta in water and drain it. Splatter mustard seeds in oil, add channa dal and Cumin seeds. Add curry leaves... Then add chopped onions,Add chilli and tumeric powder.. and fry the mixture till onion turns light brown. Then add garam masala / Sambar powder. Then add salt and let the mixture boil for few minutes.
    Add cooked pasta with little water and let it boil. Then pasta sauce and mix the dish well. Turn off the stove after water evaporates.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Vasanth,

That recipe looks like Italian, desi style!!! Great improvisations!!! It would satisfy the kids, and we would not have to compromise on our desi palates!!!

Rajshank

Senior Member Devoted Hubber RedPepper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow!!! An Indian recipe for pasta! Thanks for sharing vasanthkv.
    Red Pepper
    <font size=1>Some products from my workshop! </font>

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheesy Chiken Pasta Bake

Recipe for cheesy chicken pasta ..you can omit the chicken and add veggies of your choice like french beans,carrots,potatos and green peas.It tastes very good.
    I have posted the recipe at my food blog .
    Sailaja
    Indian Food & Andhra Recipes -
    Sailu's Kitchen
    Healthy Recipes for Kids -
    Kids Zone

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajshank
    Hey Vasanth,

That recipe looks like Italian, desi style!!! Great improvisations!!! It would satisfy the kids, and we would not have to compromise on our desi palates!!!

Rajshank
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPepper
    Wow!!! An Indian recipe for pasta! Thanks for sharing vasanthkv.
    Thanks Rajshank and Redpepper,
    Trust me, its tasty. my wife and my 3year-old love this dish.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast