Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: International marriages

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nirosha sen
    Alana - Is your avatar Gina Lollobrigida???? La Lollo herself, by any chance????

I'm guessing your land of the Aryans to be Italy, Pa!!
    Ciao!
    You know, i didn`t think of that, but this avatar (it`s a drawing) does really look like Gina! Perhaps the avatar`s creator was inspired by this beauty.. Just look at her, Gina`s looks are so international, she could easily be Indian or Mexican..
    No, Italians, Germans, Scandinavians & others who use the term "aryan" has in fact nothing to do with them.. (it`s just a fairytale Hitler made up... ) My ancestors start their long way from India, through the ages their they managed to keep their old religion, traditions.. it is an interesting topic, but not for this forum... i am also related to the Tamil people (Sri Lanka), i can cook Tamil food, my understanding of Tamil is good( when people speak slowly , but i have problems with writing & reading in Tamil. So as you see, i try to learn more about literature, culture, people...

Ciao bella!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, so not Italian, huh???? Okay, Singhalese is my next guess!! Although the ones I know don't understand much Tamil!!
    Demand a broader view - BBC

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What Nirosha this way you will cover the whole world before you find the 'The land of Aryans'. Iran would have been the best bet for "The land of the Aryans", but that have been ruled out only Alana can help us.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Nirosha sen & Sandeep,
    almost all of us prefer to stay anonymous here, for what ever reason people choose nick names, hide their e-mail addresses & even location... & just like the majority i don`t wish to meet anyone who can recognize me , esp. my Tamil relatives , please understand & i hope we can still continue the discussion on mixed marriages. Thanks!
    _____
    Here is one story i`d like to share with you..In one European country lived to Tamil brothers, both were not married . The elder brother (let`s call him Siva) had a girlfriend (let`s call her Anna), a local girl with a wind in her head & also much younger. After some time the younger brother (let`s call him Prem)has found out that the girl was pregnant, he was very upset & many times tried to persuade her to make an abortion, she refused. After the baby was born( a beautiful boy). Siva, girlfriend & baby moved to Prem who lived in a big house. After a year & a half Anna met another man & decided to move to his place. She couldn`t take care of a child & for some time the baby lived with Siva & Prem. Siva was working a lot (he was very fond of money), & Prem took a good care of his nephew. Anna lived, she visited the boy, he visited her, but it was not a mother-child relationship. The boy became very frustrated, one could see it from the way he behaved. After a year Prem married a Tamil lady, she was not comfortable with a fact that Prem was caring a lot for his brother`s child. She used to say that a boy has a mother & it is not her duty to take care of this boy. Siva has bought a house of his own & moved there with his son, some months later he married a Tamil lady. People said she disliked the child & did not treat him well. Child`s mother, Anna, got a new baby with her new boyfriend & moved to another country. The boy continued to live with his father & a stepmother. Prem became a father himself, he was still worried about his little nephew, but the wife was jealous, i think she didn`t like the boy.. For 2-3 years Sivas new wife couldn`t get pregnant & the boy continued to live with them, but after the pregnancy came Siva asked Anna to come & take the boy. Perhaps it is better for him, who needs an abusive stepmother. The relationship between to brothers has changed, prem never accepted that Siva`s behaviour towards his child were never the same after the married, he was asked not to interfere..
    He was also angry with his parents who never accepted a boy & even gave wrong advises to Siva`s wife. During their visit to the country they refused to meet their grandson. I don`t know what the future will bring to this beautiful but very unhappy boy whose mother often brings new men into her house & a father who betrayed his trust..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmmmmm.........Even though your grammar is not so good, you narrate well.
    Nice theme for an Indian movie!
    :yawn:

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think it has anything to do with race. Its only human selfishness (from the part of the parents of the boy) thats the problem.

The condition of any child whose parents live apart is always sad. The difficulties are simple added with parents going for new spouses.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan
    Hmmmmmmm.........Even though your grammar is not so good, you narrate well.
    Nice theme for an Indian movie!
    :yawn:
    Sorry, we don`t speak English here. I write fast & forget all about tenses..
    The theme is nice, but unfortunately it is a reality. I know that both wives spend a lot of time in front of the TV scree watching sentimental Indian soap operas & crying... meaningless.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandeep
    I dont think it has anything to do with race. Its only human selfishness (from the part of the parents of the boy) thats the problem.

The condition of any child whose parents live apart is always sad. The difficulties are simple added with parents going for new spouses.
    I think both. It is very sad to watch how marriage can change one. One can`t consider a child as a mistake.
    I have witnessed several situations like that... & noticed that Tamil people often hide behind culture & traditions ( like Siva`s parents), but easily call the others "racists"..

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alana
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandeep

I think both. It is very sad to watch how marriage can change one. One can`t consider a child as a mistake.
    I have witnessed several situations like that... & noticed that Tamil people often hide behind culture & traditions ( like Siva`s parents), but easily call the others "racists"..
    The situation you narrated could have happened anywhere in the world. but you seem to think it is peculiar to tamil people!

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    abbydoss1969 wrote
    The situation you narrated could have happened anywhere in the world. but you seem to think it is peculiar to tamil people!
    Since i am related to the Tamil people & "live" in a Tamil community it is easier for me to see what is happening there. I am more interested in what people think about mixed marriages in a Tamil society, not in the rest of the world.
    Thank you!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast