View Poll Results: Life-Decisions :MAJORITY-Views or POPULARITY : Must be followed as PROPER & BEST?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES.. Majority Views or Popularity should NOT BE DOUBTED

3 20.00%
  • NO... Majority: SUPERFICIAL/EMOTIONAL .. Undependable

2 13.33%
  • May or May Not be: so SELF DISCERNMENT: Best

10 66.67%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: One's WORTHY EXPERIENCE : Beneficial LESSON for Many. !

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudhaama
    Beware EYE SURGERY

... It was advised to have Cataract Surgery PRIMARILY... then followed by Retina-rectification

Then the Patient approached other Opthalmists in the City... and they all invariably were astonished to find the GRAVE BLUNDERS of the previous Hospital... to take up Cataract-Surgery... prior to Retina-Retification.

... failing which it results in Retina-Detachment and BLINDNESS.

When referred again... the previous Opthalmists did not agree and were firm that their approach of sequence was and is correct ... as also PROPER.

..in the sequence of RETINA FIRST by Cryo-Ray treament.... CATARACT LATER. .. approach.

So the Lesson : RETINA FIRST ... CATARACT LATER.

?
    Sorry but few points need highlighting
    WAS THE RETINA VISIBLE WITH THE CATARACT???
    IF THE CATARACT WAS VERY SIGNIFICANT/ADVANCED??(there are
    many stages in cataract development)
    IF THE CATARACT WAS LESS(immature)THEN THE SECOND HOSPITAL WAS RIGHT......if the cataract was advanced then the first hospital was JUSTIFIED!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RP
    Beware EYE SURGERY

... It was advised to have Cataract Surgery PRIMARILY... then followed by Retina-rectification

Then the Patient approached other Opthalmists in the City... and they all invariably were astonished to find the GRAVE BLUNDERS of the previous Hospital... to take up Cataract-Surgery... prior to Retina-Retification.

... failing which it results in Retina-Detachment and BLINDNESS.

When referred again... the previous Opthalmists did not agree and were firm that their approach of sequence was and is correct ... as also PROPER.

..in the sequence of RETINA FIRST by Cryo-Ray treament.... CATARACT LATER. .. approach.

So the Lesson : RETINA FIRST ... CATARACT LATER.

?
    Sorry but few points need highlighting
    WAS THE RETINA VISIBLE WITH THE CATARACT???
    IF THE CATARACT WAS VERY SIGNIFICANT/ADVANCED??(there are
    many stages in cataract development)
    IF THE CATARACT WAS LESS(immature)THEN THE SECOND HOSPITAL WAS RIGHT......if the cataract was advanced then the first hospital was JUSTIFIED!!!
    All such Medical-dilemma was the State of affairs... until 30 years back.

Since the past 30 years... the Medical-Science... including Opthalmic ... has so far and far advanced.

Ultimately the present Medical conclusion by the International Medical authorities ...is that...

Any and Every Surgery or Ray-Treatment on the Eyes... must be preceded by a Thorough Eye- examination.. INCLUDING RETINA.

... based on COMPREHENSIVE ANALYSIS of the Individual Patient's case.

On such Analysis...RETINA-STATUS is Quite Vital.. and that...

Any and Every Rectification elsewhere in the Eye .. should

.. Start with RETINA-FIXATION... FIRST... by its satisfactory Rectification.

No Medical Practioner or Hospital or even the Medical-Science can TAKE EXCUSE... nor CAN JUSTIFY..

... for making a Partially Blind...into a TOTAL BLIND... due to their handling.

.. Whatever may be the cause...

Post Thanks / Like
    [All such Medical-dilemma was the State of affairs... until 30 years back.

Since the past 30 years... the Medical-Science... including Opthalmic ... has so far and far advanced.

Ultimately the present Medical conclusion by the International Medical authorities ...is that...

Any and Every Surgery or Ray-Treatment on the Eyes... must be preceded by a Thorough Eye- examination.. INCLUDING RETINA.

No Medical Practioner or Hospital or even the Medical-Science can TAKE EXCUSE... nor CAN JUSTIFY..... for making a Partially Blind...into a TOTAL BLIND... due to their handling.

.[/quote]

IF THE CATARACT IS DENSE......how can the retina be visualized????
    I still fail to understand this point.

True a B-scan and latest equipments like OCT may tell us the details of the retina.....BUT HOW CAN THE PATIENT SEE IF THE CATARACT IS ADVANCED?????also a cataract surgery will only help the vitreo-retinal surgeon to see the retina clearly!!!!!!
    I still feel if the cataract was advanced the hospital was right to conduct a cataract surgery.....

.it is a different story whether the surgery went off as planned or got complicated.....I am not justifying this aspect !!!
    [/u]

Post Thanks / Like

No Medical Practioner or Hospital or even the Medical-Science can TAKE EXCUSE... nor CAN JUSTIFY..... for making a Partially Blind...into a TOTAL BLIND... due to their handling.

True a B-scan and latest equipments like OCT may tell us the details of the retina.....BUT HOW CAN THE PATIENT SEE IF THE CATARACT IS ADVANCED?????also a cataract surgery will only help the vitreo-retinal surgeon to see the retina clearly!!!!!!
    I still feel if the cataract was advanced the hospital was right to conduct a cataract surgery.....

.it is a different story whether the surgery went off as planned or got complicated.....I am not justifying this aspect !!!
    [/u][/quote]

In any case... RETINA-RECTIFICATION.. should PRECEDE all other Operations or Processes...

Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES...Cataract-Surgery should precede Retina rectification.

If Cataract-Surgery precedes Retina-Rectification... it causes RETINA- DETACHMENT...

..Ultimately HUMAN-CAUSED BLINDNESS... leaving the Patient an Innocent Victim..

Equi-vocally and invariably... one and all the Opthalmic-Scholars assert quoting update Research finding.

So undisputedly... RETINA-RECTIFICATION must be the Starting process in any Case.
    Most INVALUABLE TREASURE is.. Time.
    Spend it MEANINGFULLY Spread effectively.

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote="Sudhaama"]
    In any case... RETINA-RECTIFICATION.. should PRECEDE all other Operations or Processes...

If Cataract-Surgery precedes Retina-Rectification... it causes RETINA- DETACHMENT...

Equi-vocally and invariably... one and all the Opthalmic-Scholars assert quoting update Research finding.

So undisputedly... RETINA-RECTIFICATION must be the Starting process in any Case.
    HOW CAN THE RETINA BE "RECTIFIED" IF IT CAN'T BE SEEN ??????????????????????????
    PLEASE REFER TO --Risk Factors for Retinal Detachment after Cataract SurgeryA Case–Control Study.
    Ophthalmology, Volume 113, Issue 4, Pages 650-656
    S. Tuft, D. Minassian, P. Sullivan

Again I don't justify the complication which would have occured during surgery but still justify the hospitals procedure PROVIDED THE CATARACT WAS ADVANCED.

Post Thanks / Like

[/u]

.[/quote]

Dear RP,

May be you are a Medical Professional... So you are taking Sides.

Instead of opposing my statements of Truth... from the Update Expert-Professionals..

..better you please refer to other professionals... update and well-known..

.. to find out the DUE ANSWER for your Right-question.

Whereas I am Not a Medical Professional.. but an INNOCENT VICTIM..

.. who sincerely wishes.. NONE ELSE SHOULD BECOME THE INNOCENT VICTIM... like me...

... due to the lack of UPDATE PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE... of the Doctor

Patient-Clients repose WHOLE-HEARTED TRUST on the professional.

But please DON'T authorize or approve or accept the Opthalmist to

... MAKE AN HALF- BLIND patIent... ..into a FULL-BLIND.!!..

in the name of Medical-Treatment to an Innocent Client.!!

Post Thanks / Like

[/u]

Dear RP,

May be you are a Medical Professional... So you are taking Sides.

Instead of opposing my statements of Truth... from the Update Expert-Professionals..

..better you please refer to other professionals... update and well-known..

.. to find out the DUE ANSWER for your Right-question.

Whereas I am Not a Medical Professional.. but an INNOCENT VICTIM..

.. who sincerely wishes.. NONE ELSE SHOULD BECOME THE INNOCENT VICTIM... like me...

... due to the lack of UPDATE PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE... of the Doctor

Patient-Clients repose WHOLE-HEARTED TRUST on the professional.

But please DON'T authorize or approve or accept the Opthalmist to

... MAKE AN HALF- BLIND patIent... ..into a FULL-BLIND.!!..

in the name of Medical-Treatment to an Innocent Client.!!
    .[/quote]

Dear Sudhaama
    NEVER HAVE I ADVOCATED THE "MISTAKES"(if any) OF THE "EYE TEMPLE"but DO NOT AGREE WITH A STATEMENT......"retina rectification before cataract surgery".....It may not be possible in all cases(advanced cataract where retina is not at all visualized).also in certain cases (ARMD,Retinitis pigmentosa,etc)a cataract surgery(if reqd) will be done WITHOUT ANY RETINAL RECTIFICATION

YES A MISTAKE IS A MISTAKE.....and to make a half blind to full blind is one such...

Post Thanks / Like
    No TWO DOCTORS Agree. Nor Two Wrist-Watches.!!

... ULTIMATE SUFFERER?

Dear Sudhaama... NEVER HAVE I ADVOCATED THE "MISTAKES"(if any) OF THE "EYE TEMPLE"but DO NOT AGREE WITH A STATEMENT......"retina rectification before cataract surgery".....It may not be possible in all cases(advanced cataract where retina is not at all visualized).also in certain cases (ARMD,Retinitis pigmentosa,etc)a cataract surgery(if reqd) will be done WITHOUT ANY RETINAL RECTIFICATION

YES A MISTAKE IS A MISTAKE.....and to make a half blind to full blind is one such...
    Medically and legally... You Doctors can defend yourselves...

... even on any amount of Blunders... committed.

But can this Noble-professionalists... take shelter... even in case of Fatal outcome due to their SOLE BLUNDER?

.. Due to NO FAULT OF THE PATIENT.. who has just handed over his Body to the Consultant-professional...

... with FULL FAITH and TRUST...???

Dear Friend... have you not noticed my specific stand... suggesting you to discuss with other professionals...

.. with better UPDATE KNOWLEDGE on this Noble-Science.

Please do not waste your time and energy as well as mine.... anymore.. by defending the Blind-Goose.

Even after receiving the due payment for furnishing the Case-History.. for my further treatment elsewhere...

..this Great Eye-Temple refused to either furnish me the Medical-data and Particulars of the processes they had adopted in this case...

... nor even return my Money paid for the purpose... UNSERVED till today.!..

If they were correct and Medically justified... as you are BLINDLY SUPPORTING a Grave Blunderer...

... Why should they refuse to furnish me the Case-History.. of their Processes?

Is it not out of Fear.. that I may claim for Compensation legally.?

I am well-convinced that what all I have said here... are MEDICALLY CORRECT... and JUSTIFIED...

.. Since one and all other Expert Professionals enlightened me by saying that ... in my case...

..the Eye-Temple had committed a Himalayan MEDICAL-BLUNDER.!

... A Grave INJUSTICE to an innocent-victim.. UNPARDONABLE even by God.!!!

So I hereby caution all my Friends.. and even any Stranger...

Please DO NOT FALL PREY TO THE POPULARITY.. of any Individual or Institution..

..Better discern and JUDGE YOURSELVES..!!.. In Your OWN INTERESTS.!!

BEWARE.!! Some of the present day Noble professionals are becoming MONEY- MAD ..

.. AT ANY COST.!! .. Even ignoring the BINDING MULTIPLE IMPLICATIONS like..

.. Reciprocal PROFESSIONAL-COMMITMENT... for the Trust by the Client.?

.. Basic Humanetarian ETHICS.!!

... NOBLE PROFESSIONAL CODE?

... Social Responsibility?

... MORAL EMPATHY?

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... ULTIMATE SUFFERER?
    I raised the following simple question regarding human suffering in the thread:

"Ramanujacharya - The great Philosopher and Social Reformer"

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewt...=4854&start=60

Quote Originally Posted by Rohit
    Dear Sudhaama,

I have searched the entire topic, but couldn't find anything on Ramanujacharya's views on human suffering and the framework he used to explain suffering in general.

May I request you to elaborate on Ramanujacharya's views on human suffering and the framework he used to explain it?
    Quoted below was the answer to the above question, supplied with all the sincerity that the responder could infuse in it at the time.

Dear Mr Rohit,

Thank you very much for detailed Feedback and ENCOURAGEMENT.

Rather all the Scholars including the Kings of those days decried Tamil very low before Sanskrit, so called Vedic-Language of Divinity.

So Thiruvaaymozhi has the clear answer for all your questions... which sense was propogated by Ramanuja to the Overall Society.

In brief....

(1) Vaikuntham puhuvadhu Manhnhavar Vidhiyae =

Birth and Sufferings are because of KARMAS... outcome of past deeds...............

(2) Saranham-aahum Thanadhu Thaalh Adaindhaarkku yellaam,
    Maranam-aakki Vaikuntham kodukkum Piraan.=

God is the only ULTIMATE GOAL for Man...

Consequently God will end the Sufferings soon......................
    But both the truth and factual reality incontrovertibly demonstrate that the above quoted explanations are completely indigestible to the very people who blindly express their faith in such blundering explanations; and eventually though, but invariably, they end up in completely self-contradictory situations. One such self-contradictory situation is quoted in the beginning of this post and specifically repeated below in full context to the whole post from which it is quoted.

No TWO DOCTORS Agree. Nor Two Wrist-Watches.!!

... ULTIMATE SUFFERER?
    I hope; such lessons, learnt from such bitter experiences, will teach beneficial lessons to many; and stop them from blindly defending the blind gooses from whom they acquire the skills of committing such grave blunders in the fields in which they posses little knowledge.

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to Truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
    - Buddha

Senior Member Senior Hubber ksen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have undergone laser keratotomy in the same hospital Sudhaama mentions,- this was some years ago, and must have been when they had got the equipment newly, so the procedure was done by somewhat (?) experienced doctors. I did not get 100% normal vision, but the power has come down significantly from what it was. (Luckily I did not become blind!)

I was told to come for followup every two years, as they were keeping records on the surgeries carried out, may be for research statistics. I keep going, as I anyway need to check my power and change glasses if need be.

But the point is, as Sudhaama says, we no longer get to see the senior surgeons. One fact is that quite a number of them have left the hospital, and invariably we get routed to the freshers. This time I had to wait for 3 hours and landed up with a lady who did not even know to answer my queries. All she could say was "You have already been told about this last time. If you want to know about the exercises ask the optometrist outside, who checked your power".

Spending money and time and consulting a kathukutti, - I decided I am not going there anymore. It is not a free, government hospital, where you have to first go thro' a trainee house surgeon! Any number of competent doctors are available outside.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast