Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Rang De Basanti

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heard the song. First album with more ARR voice!

Loose control song will be a hit. Its a loop song and has good tempo through out.

Rang De Basanti - is a bhangra. good fast peppy one but may disappoing his fans, since they dont expect bhangra from mozart!

Tum Bin Bataye - very nice melody. rehashed but nevertheless very soothing melody.

khalbali - arabic song. Sounds like Hey rabba hey rabba song (sirpi!). Finally arr copy sirpi who copied some arabic song. hmmmm. Interestingly ARR sang this song.

khoon chala - nice melody again. the percussion remind me of the beat in "poovaar senni mannan" from TIS, but thats just eh percussion beat. the song is good.

Paathshala-be-rebel - by blaaze - same loose control song (dont know why labeled as paathshala). Sound better than loose control. This will be another one that will lead the chart.

luka chuppi - horrible. ARR Lata let down big time. started nicely (like nila kaaikirathu) and the second lata opened her voice its crying.

lalkaar - amirkhan sang (hmmm dialogue)

roobaroo - (guitar sound like jinki changu jinkicho from valli!) - then goes like "nee thaa naa" from aayutha ezhuthu and has spanish feel through out - very good melody. arr gave voice. very nice.

This is based on my second hearing. I am honestly not biased.

One thing for sure, the beat and few instrumental sound rehash, but a totall new/fresh attempt ARR.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber lancelot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i don know if asking this is rite... but is there a site where i can download the songs??

hehe
    Sadhakallahu Nabiyul Kareem - A R Rahman

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by njv
    Heard the song. First album with more ARR voice!

Loose control song will be a hit. Its a loop song and has good tempo through out.

Rang De Basanti - is a bhangra. good fast peppy one but may disappoing his fans, since they dont expect bhangra from mozart!

Tum Bin Bataye - very nice melody. rehashed but nevertheless very soothing melody.

khalbali - arabic song. Sounds like Hey rabba hey rabba song (sirpi!). Finally arr copy sirpi who copied some arabic song. hmmmm. Interestingly ARR sang this song.

khoon chala - nice melody again. the percussion remind me of the beat in "poovaar senni mannan" from TIS, but thats just eh percussion beat. the song is good.

Paathshala-be-rebel - by blaaze - same loose control song (dont know why labeled as paathshala). Sound better than loose control. This will be another one that will lead the chart.

luka chuppi - horrible. ARR Lata let down big time. started nicely (like nila kaaikirathu) and the second lata opened her voice its crying.

lalkaar - amirkhan sang (hmmm dialogue)

roobaroo - (guitar sound like jinki changu jinkicho from valli!) - then goes like "nee thaa naa" from aayutha ezhuthu and has spanish feel through out - very good melody. arr gave voice. very nice.

This is based on my second hearing. I am honestly not biased.

One thing for sure, the beat and few instrumental sound rehash, but a totall new/fresh attempt ARR.
    man....from ur review shows its the worse album by ARR...goodness....a song like sirpi is there any song that is from the ARRAHMAN we know????
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dinesh2002
    man....from ur review shows its the worse album by ARR...goodness....a song like sirpi is there any song that is from the ARRAHMAN we know????
    not that worst. Also ARR songs grow over time. Only one song is in arabic and sound like "hey shabba hey shabba" I belive its VS not Sirpi.

BTW the loose control song i believe is cruise control (they killed the tamil and now killing english too). Also wait for Suresh's review. His one is totally unbiased and has music knowledge too.

Post Thanks / Like
    suresh, waiting for your review
    Musical Tsunami - On Feb 23, 2013 @ Prudential Center, NJ - Maestro Ilayaraja Live - First time in USA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rang De Basanti - a winner for A. R. Rehman?
    IndiaGlitz [Thursday, December 08, 2005]

It has been quite a while since A. R. Rehman had a Bollywood hit to his credit.

Since Saathiya [2002], Rehman has had multiple releases for Hindi movies like Tehzeeb, Lakeer, Meenaxi, Yuva, Dil Ne Jise Apna Kaha, Swades, Kisna, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose and Mangal Pandey. Sadly, inspite of good music in some of the flicks, commercially none of them went on to hit the bull's eye in a way Rehman's music used to do till around a few years back.

Now with Aamir Khan's 'Rang De Basanti' promos on air, one gets a feeling that Rehman may finally have a successful musical score in hands. Currently the title song on air along with another youthful track 'Paathshaala' have made for an interesting hearing. Also the vibrant look of both the songs conveys tremendous positive energy.

Watch out for the music album that releases in a short while from now and the verdict should be out soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sad
    Rang De Basanti - a winner for A. R. Rehman?
    IndiaGlitz [Thursday, December 08, 2005]

It has been quite a while since A. R. Rehman had a Bollywood hit to his credit.

Since Saathiya [2002], Rehman has had multiple releases for Hindi movies like Tehzeeb, Lakeer, Meenaxi, Yuva, Dil Ne Jise Apna Kaha, Swades, Kisna, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose and Mangal Pandey. Sadly, inspite of good music in some of the flicks, commercially none of them went on to hit the bull's eye in a way Rehman's music used to do till around a few years back.

Now with Aamir Khan's 'Rang De Basanti' promos on air, one gets a feeling that Rehman may finally have a successful musical score in hands. Currently the title song on air along with another youthful track 'Paathshaala' have made for an interesting hearing. Also the vibrant look of both the songs conveys tremendous positive energy.

Watch out for the music album that releases in a short while from now and the verdict should be out soon!
    Usually I listent to ARR songs and thow them out immediately. Few exceptions in recent days are Boys, KKS, E20U18.

I didnt take the CD to my work today and the song is going thru' my mind all the time. It may not be good on first hearing, but the songs are fresh and different. I honestly now hate Rang De Basanti bhangra song and Lata M song, but rest of the songs are kewl. Even the arabic song I like (infact thats the one ringing along with cruise controlsong)

paathshaala - is the cruise control song. dont know why its called paathshaala - but its really kewl. this will rock. the BIG difference in this album is that the songs doesnt have tempo. I increased my volume to max and still didnt get it, may be recording issue? or thats how they scored the music!

from me.
    Musical Tsunami - On Feb 23, 2013 @ Prudential Center, NJ - Maestro Ilayaraja Live - First time in USA.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    the songs are now available at Uyirvani.com... i must say the songs are different and amazzzzzzzzziing!!! my top pick is "Roobaroo" and the arabic song.. the rest of the songs are indeed kewl...

a refreshing album from rahman.. a must buy for all

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Guys All Songs Very Cool
    Rang De Basanti bhangra song and Lata M , this song is not bad too, i like very much Lata ji song, u will like this song njv

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast