Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Srimad BHAGAWATHAM

Senior Member Senior Hubber lordstanher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Idiappam
    Can't they (the story tellers) think of something else to prove their point - the greatness of their Sage, - something other than women baring thier bodies.
    Tat makes me think- can't today's film makers think of sumthing else to prove their film's worth- the logic behind their story,- sumthing other than women baring their bodies!

- Sorry 4 the digression, other guys.......but cudn't help typing this!
    -I've changed my ID now!!-

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber Idiappam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why blame the movie makers, when even the god-men get carried away...

Lord, I don't now how much you get carried away, but I get carried away when it comes to this subject. AUM!

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Idiappam,

you are great!

I followed your AUM and I am carried away too!

AUM..................

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber viggop's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those are the stories which have been repeated for centuries.Obviously, they are not considered vulgar.For e.g., we have lot of slokas in Sanskrit and Tamil praising all body parts of Gods and Godesses in Hindu Pantheon(like Soundarya lahari,abhirami andhathi etc).But, it is not edited to suit modern opinions and is still considered holy.

So,listen to the story of Bhagwatham.You'll find Lord Krishna's leelas sizzling() but just listening to it made Parikshit a jivan muktha.

Post Thanks / Like
    he he he! Viggop. That's what Idiappam was shouting about. Treat stories like stories, giving them the 'years ago' thought.

and not - 'this holy' 'that very rich' this good for mankind' opinions. leave it to the reader to form an opionion. You just tell the story.

amd every one will be fine.
    Araitha Maavai Araithal, Iditha Maavai Idithal,
    Avitha Maavai Avithal, Kindal, Kilaral, Mudithal!

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    viggop wrote : So,listen to the story of Bhagwatham.You'll find Lord Krishna's leelas sizzling() but just listening to it made Parikshit a jivan muktha.

Thanks buddy, keep your posting and let me hear more of it and become a jivan muktha

Post Thanks / Like
    Uthapam and Mahadevan
    I totally agree with you opinion that while some people like me consider Bhagwatham holy,it need not be the views of other people. Every one has the right to have his or her own opinion and should not be expected to jalra other people's views.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be copying and pasting Bhagwatham from another place like I did for Kamba Ramayana thread.

================================================== =========

janmaadi asya yata: anvayaat itarata: ca artteshu abhijna swaraat
    tene brahma hRudaa ya aadikavaye muhyanti yat soorya:
    tejo vaari mRudaam yathaa vinimayo yatra trisarggo mRushaa
    dhaamna swena sadaa nirasta kuhakam satyam param dheemahi 1.1.1

(I meditate upon the one who is responsible for the creation, sustinance and dissolution through union and separation, who is the form of knowledge in all beings, who explained the Veda/Knowledge to Brahma in his mind, who attracts even the most learned, who makes the thriguna creation real, who is always beyond Maaya, who is eternal and Parameswara.)

yam pravrajantam anupetam apetakRUtyam
    dvaipaayano virahakaatara aajuhaava
    putreti tanmayatayaa taravo abhinetu:
    tam sarvabhoota hRudayam munim aanatosmi 1.2.2

(Sreesuka brahmaRshi was going absolutely detached, without upanayanam, free of any actions. His father, Vyaasa bhagavaan followed him as he could not bear his son's separation addressing 'oh! Son'. Sreesuka who was enjoying the brahmam did not hear this because of his abheda state. But, as HE is the dweller of all beings, all the trees answered Vyaasa. I bow to that great Rushi who dwels in all hearts.)

vadanti tat tattvavida: tattvam yat jnaanam advayam
    brahmeti paramaatmeti bhagavaan iti sabdyate 1.2.11

(People who now the reality say that the supreme is one. It is the same thing that is called as 'brahmam', 'paramaatmaa', 'bhagavaan' depending on how they refer to it.)

Post Thanks / Like
    dharma projjita kaitavotra paramo nirmatsaraanaam sataam
    vedyam vaastavamatra vastu sivadam taapatraya unmoolanam
    sreemad bhaagavate mahaamunikRute kim vaa parair eeswara:
    sadyo hRudi avaruddhyatetra kRutibhi susrooshubhi: tatkshaNaat 1.1.2

(Srimad bhaagavatm, done by great Vyaasa Maharshi describes the dharmaa that is followed by pure souls who are are free of competition and pretention. These dharmas are eternal absolute. It announces the supreme truth that takes care of us by burning the three taapaas. The lord shines in the heart of those (immediately) who enjoy this work of Vyaasa bhagavaan.)

vaasudevaparaa vedaa vaasudevaparaa makhaa:
    vaasudevaparaa yogaa: vaasudevaparaa kriyaa: 1.2.28
    vaasudevaparam jnaanam vaasudevaparam tapa:
    vaasudevaparo dharmo vaasudevaparaa gati: 1.2.29

(Everything (veda, yajna, yoga, kriya, jnaanam, tapas, dharma) proclaims the supreme reality of vaasudeva and leads one to vaasudeva.)

sa evam sasarjjaagre bhagavaan aatma maayayaa
    sat asat roopayaa caasou gunamayee aguna: vibhu 1.2.30

(That supreme lord, who is beyond gunaas used his own maaya with guna, cause and effect to create this universe and entered into everything.)

Post Thanks / Like
    naaraayaNam namaskRutya naram caiva narottamam
    devIm saraswatIm vyaasam tato jayam udIrayet 1.2.4

(namaskaarams to naaraayana, nara, vaagdevata, vyaasa bhagavaan and start the Bhaagavatam)

jagRuhe paurusham roopam bhagavaan mahadaadibhi:
    sambhootam shodasakalam aadau loka sisRukshayaa 1.3.1

(The Lord accepted the aadipurusha form, with 16 kalaas/amsaas, first to start his creation. 16 -> 5 kaRmmendriyas, 5 Jnaanendriyaas, 5 elements, mind etc. starting with mahat tattvam. So anything in this universe is nothing but a part of the Supreme)

yasya ambhasi sayaanasya yoganidraam vitanvata:
    naabhihrada ambujaad asIt brahma viswasRujaam pati: 1.3.2

(The Lord was in yoga nidra in the causal water and there appeared a lotus from his naval (seed of the universe). The creator Brahma appeared in that.)

pasyantiado roopam adabhra cakshushaa sahasra paada ooru bhuja aanana adbhutam
    sahasra moordha sravaNa akshi naasikam sahasra mouli ambara kunDala ullasat

(The form of aadipurusha/aadinaaraayanaa has many legs, thighs, hands, faces, heads, ears, eyes, noses. He is in splendor with many crowns, eardrops and dresses. This divine form (viswaroopam) is seen only by tapasvIs through their divine sight. This is the base for all the avataaraas and creation.)

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast