Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: Srimad BHAGAWATHAM

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber viggop's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Akrura got out of the water all in ecstacy. Tears rolling down his eyes, hair standing on his body and toucng chanting the divine name, dancing and floating.... Is kRushNa going to leave him alon? Let us see!

so api cAntarhitam vIkshya jalAd unmajya satvara:
    kRutvA cAvaSyakam sarvam vismito ratham Agamat 10.41.2

(Sree Sukar said: While Akrura was still offering prayers, the Supreme Lord Krishna withdrew His form that He had revealed in the water. When Akrura saw the vision disappear, he came out of the water and quickly finished his various ritual duties. He then returned to the chariot still in ecstacy, dancing and enjoying the bliss.)

tam apRucchad hRushIkeSa: kim te dRushTam ivAdbhutam
    bhUmau viyati toye vA tathA tvAm lakshayAmahe 10.41.3

(Lord Krishna innocently asked Akrura as if He did not already know: Have you seen something wonderful on the earth or in the skies above or in the water below? From your expressions it appears that you have indeed seen something! Oh! kRushNa..... what game is this? DON'T GET FOOLED BY THE MERE WORDS FROM THE LORD. MAY BE IT IS A TEST!)

adbhutAnIha yAvanti bhUmau viyati vA jale
    tvayi viSvAtmake tAni kim me adRushTam vipaSyata: 10.41.4

(Akrura then comes up with an brilliant reply! Akrura said: My Lord whatever wonderful things the earth, sky or water contains, all exist in You. When I am seeing You, what have I not seen?)

yatrAdbhutAni sarvANi bhUmau viyati vA jale
    tam tvAnupaSyato brahman kim me dRushTam ihAdbhutam 10.41.5

(You are the brahman in whom reside all amazing things on the earth, in the sky and in the water. Now that I am seeing You, O Lord what amazing thing is left to see in this world?)

Saying thus with a delighted heart, AkrUra started the chariot.

mArge grAma janA rAjams tatra tatra upasangatA:
    vasudeva sutau vIkshya prItA dRushTim na cAdadu: 10.41.7

(True. GopikAs of BRundAvan are in tears. But, the Lord is for all and everyone deserve the bliss...
    O King Parikcit wherever they passed along the road, the villagers came forward and looked upon the two sons of VAsudeva with great pleasure. In fact, the villagers could not withdraw their eyes from Them.)

bhavAn praviSatAm agre saha yAna: purIm gRuham
    vayam tu iha avamucya atha tato drakshyAmahe purIm 10.41.10

(In this way Lord Krishna reached the gates of Mathura. There he held Akrura’s hands and lovingly spoke to him. “Take this chariot and enter the city ahead of us. Then go home. After resting here for a while we will then enter the city and look around.” In other words, "Ji, I have my own plans and me work as per my master plan."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Arthi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow nice chapter...
    I recollect Shri Shri Krishna premi MahRaj fondly called as SHRI ANNA's discourse on BHAGAVATHAM.
    He expalains this chapter wonderfully the conversation between Akrurar and Krishna
    Sarva dharman parithyajya mamekam sharanam vraja, aham thva sarvapapebhyo mokshayishyami ma suchaha

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Arthi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good Work Viggop
    Sarva dharman parithyajya mamekam sharanam vraja, aham thva sarvapapebhyo mokshayishyami ma suchaha

Post Thanks / Like
    nAham bhavadbhyAm rahita: pravekshye mathurAm prabho
    tyaktum nArhasi mAm nAtha bhaktam te bhakta vatsala 10.41.11

(Akrura was heart broken when he was asked to leave with out his Lord. Akrura said: “O master, without the two of You I shall not enter Mathura. I am Your devotee, O Lord, so it is not fair for You to abandon me, since You are supposed to be always loving to Your devotees.”)

punIhi pAda rajasA gRuhAn no gRuha medhinAm
    yat Saucena anutRupyanti pitara: sAgnaya: surA: 10.41.13

(I am simply an ordinary householder attached to this material world, so please purify my home with the dust of Your lotus feet. The dust from Your lotus feet will ensure that all my forefathers, the various yagna fires and the gods will all become satisfied.)

avanijyAnghri yugalam AsIt Slokyo balir mahAn
    aiSvaryam atulam lebhe gatim caikAntinAm tu yA 10.41.14

(By bathing Your feet, the great Maharaja Bali attained not only attained glory and unequaled power but also attained the most coveted position sought after by devotees.)

Apa: te anghri avanejanya: trIn lokAn Sucayo apunan
    SirasA adhatta yA: Sarva: svar yAtA: sagarAtmajA: 10.41.15

(The water of the river Ganga is pure that it even purifies the three lokas because it is the water that bathed your feet. Lord Shiva accepted that water on his head. By that water's grace the sons of King Sagara attained the heaven.)

deva deva jagan nAtha puNya SravaNa kIrtana
    yadUttamottama: Sloka nArAyaNa namo astu te 10.41.16

(O Lord of lords, O master of the universe, Your glories it is most pious to hear and chant! O best of the Yadus, You whose fame is retold in the form of best poems! O Supreme Lord Narayana, I offer You my humble prayers.) Let us also offer our prayers this way.

AyAsye bhavato geham aham arya samanvita:
    yadu cakra druham hatvA vitarishye suhRut priyam 10.41.17

(The Supreme Lord said: I will come to Your house with My elder brother, but first I must satisfy My friends and well-wishers by killing the enemy of the Yadu clan.)

Post Thanks / Like
    'madhurA yatra sAnnidhyam nityadaa hare'.... So, rich and plenty..

Sree Sukar now gives us some glimpse into the great city of Mathura.

dadarSa tAm sphATika tuNga gopura dvArAm bRuhad dhema kapATa toraNAm
    tAmrAra koshThAm parikhA durAsadAm udyAna ramya upavana upaSobhitAm 10.41.20

(This is mathura only and not VaikunTham! As Lord Krishna entered the city he saw the majestic city. The gopuras and doors of houses were made with sphatika, its immense archways and main doors were made of gold, its granaries and other storehouses of copper and brass, and its impregnable moats. Beautifying the city were pleasant gardens and parks.)

sauvarNa SRungATaka harmya nishkuTai: SreNI sabhAbhir bhavanair upaskRutAm
    vaidUrya vajrAmala nIla vidrumai: muktA haridbhi: valabhIshu vedishu 10.41.21

(The major crossroads in the city were beautified with gold. There were large mansions in the city with their own private gardens and other very impressive buildings. These buildings were adorned with various vaidurya stones, diamonds, quartz, sapphires, coral, pearls and emeralds.)

tAm sampravishTau vasudeva nandanau vRutau vayasyai: naradeva vartmanA
    drashTum samIyu: tvaritA: pura striyo harmyANi caivAruruhur nRupotsukA: 10.41.24

(As the two sons of Vasudeva entered the city, the people were excited to hear this news and rushed to see them. The women of Mathura hurriedly assembled and went forth to see Him as He (Krishna) entered the city with His friends. Some of the women eagerly climbed to the roofs of their houses to see Them. Whne kRushNa enters, it is a captivating experience for sattva people...)

kAScit viparyag dhRuta vastra bhUshaNA: vismRutya caikam yugaleshu athAparA:
    kRutaika patra Sravanaika nUpurA nAnktvA dvitIyam tu aparA: ca locanam 10.41.25

(Some of the ladies were in such a hurry to see their Lord that then mistakenly put their clothes and ornaments on backwards and did not even realize this. Others forgot one of their earrings or their ankle bells, and others applied makeup to one eye but not the other. These are not gopikAs of bRundAvan... But, when kRushNa enters all are just gopikAs unless.......)

aSnantya ekA: tat apAsya sotsavA: abhyajyamAnA akRutopamajjanA:
    svapantya utthAya niSamya ni:svanam prapAyayantyo arbham apohya mAtara: 10.41.26

(Those who were taking their meals abandoned them and rushed out to see the Lord. Others went out without finishing their baths and women who were sleeping rose up when they heard the commotion. Even the mothers who were feeding their infants simply put them aside and rushed out to meet the Lord.)

The last statement is indeed very thought provoking. All mothers I know would drop everything at hand and rush to feed their hungry infant. So imagine the pull of divinity that must have felt when they abandoned their hungry infant to catch a glimpse of Lord Krishna. When the mothers left teh children unattended, the Lord attended to them....

Post Thanks / Like
    Jaya JagadISa hare kRushNa jaya jagadISa hare
    jaya gurumaaruta mandira nAthA jaya jagadISa hare

I guess, Guruvaayoor Ekaadasi is so close and I can't help singing His glories. Anyway, as bhAgavatam says, 'glories are always for HIM and HIM only'. One will never regret that.

manAmsi tAsAm aravinda locana: pragalbha lIlA hasitAvalokai:
    jahAra matta dviradendra vikramo dRuSAm dadac ShrI ramaNAtmanotsavam 10.41.27

(The lotus-eyed Lord was smiling and those loving glances captivated everyone’s minds. He walked with the gait of a lordly elephant, creating a festival for their eyes. Even the goddess of fortune seeks pleasure with the Lord then what to say about the inhabitants of the world. BUT THAT IS DONE BY HIM AND HIM ONLY.)

dRushTvA muhu: Srutam anudruta cetasa: tam tat prekshaNotsmita sudhokshaNa labdha mAnA:
    Ananda mUrtim upaguhya dRuSAtma labdham hRushyat tvaco jahur anantam arindamAdhim 10.41.28

(The ladies of Mathura had repeatedly heard about Krishna, and thus as soon as they saw Him their hearts melted. They felt honored that He was sprinkling upon them the nectar of His glances and broad smiles. Taking Him into their hearts through their eyes, they embraced Him - the very embodiment of all happiness, and their bodily hairs stood on end in ecstasy. They enjoyed the supreme bliss.)

prAsAda SikharArUdhA: prIti utphulla mukhAmbujA:
    abhyavarshan saumanasyai: pramadA bala keSavau 10.41.29

(The ladies who had climbed to the roofs of the mansions were filled with love towards their Lord. They rained down showers of flowers upon Lord Balarama and Lord Krishna to show their love and respect.)

dadhi akshatai: soda pAtrai: srag gandhair abhyupAyanai:
    tAv Anarcu: pramuditA: tatra tatra dvijAtaya: 10.41.30

(The contented and happy priests standing along the way honored the two Lords with offerings of yogurt, colored sanctified rice, pots filled with water, garlands and various fragrances such as sandalwood paste.)

Ucu: paurA aho gopya: tapa: kim Acaran mahat
    yA hi etAu anupaSyanti nara loka mahotsavau 10.41.31

(The women of Mathura joy-fully cried out: Oh, what severe tapas must the gopis have performed to be able to regularly see Krishna and Balarama. These Lords are without doubt the greatest pleasure for all of nara-loka! Now that luck is on our side and let us not miss it.)

The moment MathuravaasIs came to know of KrushNa and Balarama's arrival, they decorated their houses. For Kamsa's people, they are rejoicing for the dhanuryAgam. For kRushNa devotees, they are rejoicing the Lord's arrival. A smart way of handling an enemy!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Krushna, Rama and Gopas continued their strolling in Mathura. Of course Krushna has to bless so many and how can He sit in one place for the whole evening? Sure, He can sit in one corner and bless but, he wanted to deloght his devotees too!

dehi Avayo: samucitAni anga vAsAmsi cArhato:
    bhavishyati param Sreyo dAtu: te nAtra samSaya: 10.41.33

(Krishna then spotted a washer man approaching them. He them spoke to the lucky washer man as follows: “Oh! Great one, please give suitable garments to all of Us. If you grant this charity, you will undoubtedly receive the greatest benefit.”

sa yAcito bhagavatA paripUrNena sarvata:
    sAkshepam rushita: prAha bhRutyo rAjna: sudurmada: 10.41.34

(Lord of course knew what the response was going to be. But this little incident again is really a reminder for all of us and a lesson for that ignorant washer-man. Thus bhagavan Krishna who is perfectly complete in all respects and fully self-satisfied made a request to that arrogant servant of the King. Instead of promptly surrendering before Krishna and obeying his request nay his command the ignorant man instead became angry and replied insultingly as follows. Well one need to have done enough puNyam even if the request is from the Lord.)

IdRuSAny eva vAsAmsI nityam giri vane cara:
    paridhatta kim udvRuttA rAja dravyANi abhIpsatha 10.41.35

([The impudent washer man angrily retorted:] You foolish boys! You're accustomed to roaming around in mountains and forests, and yet You dare imagine worthy to put on such clothes! These are the King's possessions You're asking for! Even the evils will not get punished without proof!)

evam vikatthamAnasya kupito devakI suta:
    rajakasya karAgreNa Sira: kAyAd apAtayat 10.41.37

(As the washer man thus spoke brazenly, the son of Devaki became angry (pretended to become angry since the Lord is beyond such emotions), and then merely with His fingertips He separated the man's head from his body.)

tasyAnujIvina: sarve vAsa: koSAn visRujya vai
    dudruvuh sarvato mArgam vAsAmsi jagRuhe acyuta: 10.41.38

(The washer man's assistants dropped the bundles of clothes that they carried and fled down the road, scattering in all directions. Lord Krishna then collected the clothes.)

tata: tu vAyakah prItas tayor vesham akalpayat
    vicitra varnai: caileyair Akalpai: anurUpatah 10.41.40

(Thereupon a tailor came forward. He was a kind man and he was full of love and affection towards the Lords. He alterd the dressed and adorned Their attire with ornaments of various colors. Imagine these Gopas walking in Kamsa's dress! So it surely needed alteration. The fee? What more you need than His blessings and compassionate smile? It is amUlya.)

Post Thanks / Like
    nAnA lakshaNa veshAbhyAm kRushNa rAmau virejatu:
    su alankRutau bAla gajau parvaNIva sitetarau 10.41.41

(Krishna and Balarama now wore beautiful ornamented outfit. They look very handsome. They resembled a pair of young elephants, one white and the other black, decorated for a festive occasion.)

tasya prasanno bhagavAn prAdAt sArUpyam Atmana:
    Sriyam ca paramAm loke balaiSvarya smRutIndriyam 10.41.42

(Pleased with the weaver, the Supreme Lord Krishna blessed him that after death he would achieve the fortune of attaining a form just like the Lord's. Furthermore while in this world he would enjoy unlimited wealth, physical strength, influence, memory.)

tata: sudAmno bhavanam mAlA kArasya jagmatu:
    tau dRushTvA sa samutthAya nanAma SirasA bhuvi 10.41.43

(The two Lords then went to the house of the Sudama who made garlands. When Sudama saw Them he at once stood up and then bowed down, placing his head on the ground.)

tayor Asanam AnIya pAdyam cArghyArhaNAdibhi:
    pUjAm sAnugayoS cakre srak tAmbUla anulepanai: 10.41.44

(After respectfully offering Them seats and bathing Their feet, Sudama worshiped Them with arghya, garlands, pan, sandalwood paste and other presentations.)

prAha na: sArthakam janma pAvitam ca kulam prabho
    pitRu devarshayo mahyam tushTA hi Agamanena vAm 10.41.45

([Sudama said:] O Lord, my birth’s purpose is now complete now that I have met You. Even my family has now become pavitra (pure). Now that both of You have come here, my forefathers, the gods and the great sages must certainly be pleased with me. What a blessing!)

bhavantau kila viSvasya jagata: kAraNam param
    avatIrNAu ihAmSena kshemAya ca bhavAya ca 10.41.46

(You are the ultimate cause of this entire universe. You have descended in this world only to bestow your blessings and to do good of this world.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Tha garland maker Sudama continued his kRushNa stuti.

na hi vAm vishamA dRushTi: suhRudo: jagat Atmano:
    samayo: sarva bhUteshu bhajantam bhajata: api 10.41.47

(Oh! Lords, you are soul of the universe. You treat everyone as same (sama dRUshTi You do not differentiate one from the other. You look at your devotees as devotees but, you maintain equanimity among all. This stuti after dushTa nigrham and SishTa paripAlanam may sound contradictory. But, dushTa nigraham is mainly to bless them by removing the sin in them. Or in other words it is the product of their own sin.)

tou AjnApayatam bhRutyam kim aham karavANi mAm
    pumsa: ati anugraho hi esha: bhavadbhi: yat niyujyate 10.41.48

(oh! Lords, I am your servant. Please order me so that I can serve you. Whatever you assign is the greatest blessing for a human being. I am offering myself to you.)

iti abhipretya rAjendra sudAmA prItamAnasa:
    Sastai: sugandhai: kusumai: mAlA viracitA dadou 10.41.49

(Oh! King, the Lord does not need anything from anyone. But, one should offer the best of what they have and that is what He likes. So, knowing Their heart, SudAma gladly offered the best garlands that he had, made of great, fragrant flowers. He adonrned them with those colorful garlands.)

tAbhi: swalankRutou prItou kRushNa rAmou sahAnugou
    praNatAya prapannAya dadatu: varadou varAn 10.41.50

(KRushNa and Rama and the gopAs were very pleased and stood in splendor wearing those garlands. The Lords blessed SudAma who had taken refuge at their feet and offered to grant all the boons that he needs.)

sa: api vavre acalAm bhaktim tasmin akhila Atmani
    tat bhakteshu ca souhArddam bhUteshu ca dayAm parAm 10.41.51

(He being one of greatest devotee did not want anything. All he wanted was unshakable devotion to the supreme lord, love for His devotees and compassion to all beings. Dear SudAma. PraNAms to you. Help us also ask for the same thing.)

iti tasmai varam dattvA Sriyam ca anwaya vardhinIm
    balam Ayu: yaSa: kAntim nirjjagAma sahAgraja: 10.41.52

(The Lord granted that. But, on His own He blessed SudAma with progeny, wealth, strength, long life, fame, charm etc. and took leave of him along with his brother and friends.)

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Krishna of BHAGAWATHAM and MAHABHARATHA...Same?

By Character analysis... as well as by observation of Events... we are lead to a doubt...

whether the Krishna of Bhagawatham and the Krishna of Mahabharatha .. are the Same Person?

Such a doubt is caused not because of different authors... indeed..

Why we find them different?

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast