Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: Srimad BHAGAWATHAM

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber viggop's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    anArdra dhIr esha samAsthito ratham tam anvamI ca tvarayanti durmadA:
    gopA anobhi: sthavirair upekshitam daivam ca no adya pratikUlam Ihate 10.39.27

(Hard-hearted Krishna has already mounted the chariot, and now the gopa’s are hurrying after Him in their bullock carts. Even the elders are saying nothing to stop Him. Its seems that today even the fate is working against us.)

nivArayAma: samupetya mAdhavam kim no akarishyan kula vRuddha bAndhavA:
    mukunda sangAn nimishArdha dustyajAt daivena vidhvamsita dIna cetasAm 10.39.28

(Let us directly approach Lord Madhava and stop Him from going. We have no reason to fear our family elders and other relatives. What could be worse fate than separation from our Mukunda? Our hearts are already broken, for we cannot bear to give up His company even for a fraction of a second.)

yasyAnurAga lalita smita valgu mantra lIlAvaloka parirambhaNa rAsa goshThAm
    nItA: sma nah kshaNam iva kshaNadA vinA tam gopya: katham nvatitarema tamo durantam 10.39.29

(During the rAsa dance, we enjoyed His affectionate and charming smiles, His delightful whispers, His playful glances and His embraces. We passed many a nights as if they were a single moment. O gopis! How can we possibly cross over the insurmountable darkness of His absence?)

yo ahna: kshaye vrajam ananta sakha: parIto gopair viSan khura raja: churitAlaka srak
    veNum kvaNan smita katAksha nirIkShaNena cittam kShiNoty amum Rute nu katham bhavema 10.39.30

(How can we exist without Ananta's friend Krishna? If He leaves, He won't be coming back every evening to Vraja in the company of other gopas’. Oh! No, it should not happen!! His hair and garland would be powdered with the dust raised by the cows' hooves. As He played His flute, He would captivate our minds with His smiling glances.)

evam bruvANA virahAturA bhRuSam vraja striya: kRushNa vishakta mAnasA:
    visRujya lajjAm rurudu: sma su svaram govinda dAmodara mAdhaveti 10.39.31

(Sree Sukar said: After speaking these words, the gopis were overcome with grief by their imminent separation from Him. Their minds refused to move away from kRushNa. In their sorrow they lost all inhibitions and began to loudly cry out, "O Govinda (Oh! Savior of Cows)! O Damodara (one who had the rope on his stomach, where is that kRupayAsIt swabandhane now?)! O Madhava (aren't we all LaskhmIs, Oh! Lord of Lakshmi how can you leave us?)!")

strINAm evam rudantInAm udite savitari atha
    akrUraS codayAm Asa kRuta maitrAdiko ratham 10.39.32

(But even as the gopis were crying their hearts out, Akrura woke up at sunrise and performed His morning worship and other duties. After this he began to drive the chariot.)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Dhruva walked out of mother SunIti's kaksham, determined to see Narayana. He has no clue what or how to do anything... But, that determination is enough. There comes a test sent by NarayaNa. Sure, Dhruva won the test because the one who sent the test took place in the boy's hear too! All we need is the purity in our heart and the rest is done by HIM.

na adhunA api avamAnam te samAnam vA api putrka
    lakshayAma: kumArasya saktasya krIDanAdishu 4.8.27

(Oh! Child, at this age you should be playing with toys. I do not see kids of your age differentiating insult and respect. Dhruva was stunned to hear this from Narada as his mind was rejoicing at the sight of His Guru. Narada said to himself, "Hmmm! I seem have failed in distracting this boy with toys.... let me go a bit deeper!)

vikalpe vidyamAne api nahi asantosha hetava:
    pumsa: moham Rute bhinnA yat loke nija karmmabhi: 4.8.28

(Oh! Yes child, I see that you are hurt. But, don't you think that is a misunderstanding? Don't you think 'desire' is the reason for unhappines? Happiness and sadness are the products of ones own actions. Dhruva still conveyed his message with a look. Yes! That is why I want to do the karma that will take me to see nArAyaNa... Narada went even deeper..)

paritushyeta tat tAta tAvanmAtreNa pUrusha:
    daiva upasAditam yAvat vIkshya ISwaragatim budha: 4.8.29

(So, take it as fate or what you get from the God and that is how smart people should take it... Oh! Narad Ji, I am not claiming anything. All I want is NarayaNa!)

Oh! Dhruva, what your mother told you is impossible even for great RushIs. They search for Him in life after life with severe penance. You go back to your kingdonm. I will fix everything for you. When you enjoy good and bad without passion, finally, you will become matured and will be ready to do Tapas.
    Look at Dhruva,
    Oh! Narad Ji whatever you said is the truth, but, since my heart is beaten up so badly by Mother Suruchi and I have found refuge in Mother SunIti's words, I am not able accept whatever you said. May be I am adament and disobedient. So,

padam tribhuvana utkRushTam gijIsho: sAdhu vartma me
    brUhi asmat pitRubhi: brahman anyai: api anadhishThitam 4.8.37

Oh! one who knows everything, please tell me the way so that I will attain a status that was never seen by anyone else. As you know everything, you know the way too. Moreover, If you say, Narayana will come infront of me whether I deserve it or not. You roam for the welfare of everyone. So, please bless me and fulfill my desire. pUrNa SaraNAgati.....

Narada was impressed by Dhruva was dedication and adherence to his supreme desire. He gave hin the upadeSam to do upAsana and Dhruva achieved his goal in 5 months. He reached the samAdhi stage and merged with

prasAda abhimukham SaSwat prasanna vadanekshaNam
    sunAsam subhruvam cAru kapolam sura sundaram 4.8.45
    taruNam ramaNIya angam aruNa oshTha IkshaNa adharam
    praNata ASrayaNam nRumNam SaraNyam karuNArNNavam 4.8.46
    SrIvatsAnkam ghanaSyAmam purusham vanamAlinam
    Sankha cakra gadA padmai: abhivyakta caturbhujam 4.8.47
    kirITinam kuNDalinam keyUra vakayAnwitam
    kaustuabha AbharaNa grIvam pIta kauSeya vAsasam 4.8.48
    kAncIkalApa paryastam lasat kAncana nUpuram
    darSanIyatamam SAntam mano nayana vardhanam 4.8.49

What a beautiful description!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Let us go back to vRundAvan....

gopAs tam anvasajjanta nandAdyA: SakaTais tata:
    AdAyopAyanam bhUri kumbhAn go rasa sambhRutAn 10.39.33

(The gopas led by Nanda Gopa followed behind Lord Krishna in their wagons. The men brought with them many offerings for Kamsa. They carried with them clay pots filled with ghee and other milk products.)

gopya: ca dayitam kRushNam anuvrajya anuranjitA:
    pratyAdeSam bhagavata: kAnkshantya: cAvatasthire 10.39.34

(Lord Krishna pacified the gopis by his charming glances and smiles. They also followed behind for some time. Then, hoping He would give them some instruction, they stood still.)

tAs tathA tapyatIr vIkshya sva prasthAne yadUttama:
    sAntvayAmAsa sapremair AyAsya iti dautyakai: 10.39.35

(From His chariot Lord Krishna the greatest among the Yadus’ saw how the gopis, were crying for Him. How can the bhaktavatsalan go ingnoring the? He consoled them by sending a messenger with a promise: "I will return after completing my mission." We will see later that that mission took more than 100 years! But, kRushNa kept his promise and met them and send them back as jnAjIs. From now onwards, gopIs will treat every bee, bird and anything in nature as their LORD's messenger. IF ONLY WE LEARN THIS FROM THE GOPIS, WE WILL LIVE IN HARMONY WITH NATURE.

yAvat Alakshyate ketur yAvad reNU rathasya ca
    anuprasthApitAtmAno lekhyAni iva upalakShitA: 10.39.36

(The gopIs stood still watching as long as the flag atop the chariot was visible, and even until they could no longer see the dust raised by the chariot wheels. There minds were fully engrossed with thoughts about their Lord Krishna and they were so still that it seemed that there were pictures in a painting.)

tA nirASA nivavRutur govinda vinivartane
    viSokA ahanI ninyur gAyantya: priya ceshTitam 10.39.37

(The gopis’ then turned back, without hope that their Govinda would ever return to them. Full of sorrow, they began to spend their days and nights chanting about the pastimes of their beloved. tava kathAmRutam kRushNA tapta jIvanam.... just like us...)

bhagavAn api samprApto rAmAkrUra yuto nRupa
    rathena vAyu vegena kAlindIm agha nASinIm 10.39.38

(Bhagavan Krishna who was traveling as swiftly as the wind in His chariot with Lord Balarama and Akrara, arrived at the river Kalindi – the river which destroys all sins. Men of action - keep everything in the back of their head and keep moving... as if nothing affects them.... POOR GOPIS.)

Post Thanks / Like
    tatropaspRuSya pAnIyam pItvA mRushTam maNi prabham
    vRukshashandam upavrajya sarAmo ratham AviSat 10.39.39

(Lord Krishna then drank some of that sweet water from the river. After this Krishna and Balarama moved their chariot’s near a grove of trees.)

akrUras tAu upAmantrya niveSya ca rathopari
    kAlindyA hradam Agatya snAnam vidhi vadAcarat 10.39.40

(Akrura asked the two Lords to sit down and relax. Then, taking Their permission, he went up to the Kalindi River and took his bath as prescribed in the scriptures.)

nimajjya tasmin salile japan brahma sanAtanam
    tAveva dadRuSe akrUro rAma kRushNau samanvitau 10.39.41

(When Akrura was immersed in the water and reciting the mantras from the Vedas, he suddenly saw Balarama and Krishna before him, indie the water.)

tau rathasthau katham iha sutAu Anakadundubhe:
    tarhi svit syandane na sta iti unmajjya vyacashTa sa: 10.39.42

(Akrura thought "How can the two sons of Vasudeva, who are sitting in the chariot, be standing here in the water? They must have certainly left the chariot and walked up to me.")

tatrApi ca yathA pUrvam AsInau punar eva sa:
    nyamajjad darSanam yan me mRushA kim salile tayo: 10.39.43

(But when he came out of the river, there They were on the chariot, just as before. Akrura thought to himself "Was the vision I had of Them in the water an illusion?" Akrura then reentered the river.)

bhUyas tatrApi so adrAkshIt stUyamAnam ahISvaram
    siddha cAraNa gandharvair asurair nata kandharai: 10.39.44

(Once inside the water Akrura now saw Adi Sesha, the Lord of the serpents (Lord Balarama). He saw Lord Balarama surrounded by Siddhas, Caranas, Gandharvas and demons, who all had their heads bowed and were singing praises of Him.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Divya VaikunTha darSanam. On tRuprayAr ekAdaSi day, we are having vaikuTha darSanam with akrUra. Let us enjoy it. We will enjoy the paravAsudeva.

sahasra Sirasam devam sahasra phaNa maulinam
    nIlAmbaram bisaSvetam SRungai: Svetam iva sthitam 10.39.45

(Akrura saw Adi Sesha in all his glory with thousands of heads and thousands of hoods. He wore a wonderful blue garment and His fair complexion, as white as a lotus stem, made Him appear like white Kailasa Mountain with its many peaks.)

tasyotsange ghana syAmam pIta kauSeya vAsasam
    purusham catur bhujam SAntam padma patrAruNekshaNam 10.39.46

(Akrura then saw the Supreme Lord lying peacefully on the lap of Lord Adi Sesha. His body had the complexion like that of a dark-blue cloud. He wore yellow silk garments and had four arms and reddish lotus-petal like eyes.)

cAru prasanna vadanam cAru hAsa nirIkshaNam
    su bhrUnnasam cAru karNam su kapola aruNAdharam 10.39.47

(His face looked attractive and cheerful with its smiling, endearing glance and lovely eyebrows. His beauty was enhanced by His raised nose and well defined ears, and His beautiful cheeks and reddish lips.)

pralamba pIvara bhujam tungAmsora: sthala Sriyam
    kambu kaNTham nimna nAbhim valimat pallavodaram 10.39.48

(The Lord's broad shoulders and expansive chest were beautiful, and His arms long and stout. His neck resembled a conch shell, His navel was deep, and His abdomen thin like a tender banyan leaf and bore three lines.)

bRuhat kati tata SroNi karabhoru dvayAnvitam
    cAru jAnu yugam cAru janghA yugala samyutam 10.39.49

(He had large shapely hips and thighs like an elephant's trunk. His knees were very attractive to look at.)

tunga gulphAruNa nakha vrAta dIdhitibhir vRutam
    navAnguli angushTha dalair vilasat pAda pankajam 10.39.50

(His toes were a little bit elevated and were reddish and were the seat of beautiful row of toe nails. The glow from the feet and nails radiated everywhere. His feet were tender and had tender petals like toes. They were like tow lotus feet.)

su mahArha maNi vrAta kirITa katTkAngadai:
    kaTi sUtra brahma sUtra hAra nUpura kuNDalai: 10.39.51

(Akrura saw Lord adorned with a crown studded with precious jewels. He was also wearing bracelets and armlets, a sacred thread, necklaces, ankle bells and earrings. Bhagavan thus rested on Adi Sesha shining forth in his entire splendor.)

Post Thanks / Like
    bhrAjamAnam padma karam Sankha cakra gadA dharam
    SrIvatsa vakshasam bhrAjat kaustubham vana mAlinam 10.39.52

(In one hand He held a lotus flower, in the others a conch shell, chakra and a gada. Gracing His chest were the Shrivatsa mark, the brilliant Kaustubha gem and a flower garland made of colorful wild flowers.)

sunanda nanda pramukhai: parshadai: sanakAdibhi:
    sureSair brahma rudrAdyai: navabhi: ca dvijottamai: 10.39.53

(Lord was surrounded by Nanda, Sunanda and His other parShadas. There were also the Sanaka etc., Brahma, Rudra and Indra and the other gods as well as the nine chief priests.)

prahlAda nArada vasu pramukhai: bhAgavatottamai:
    stUyamAnam pRuthag bhAvair vacobhir amalAtmabhi: 10.39.54

(Further more there were also the best among His devotees such as Prahlada, Narada muni and Vasu. Each of them were worshiping the Lord by chanting His praises.)

SriyA pushTyA girA kAntyA kIrtyA tushTya ilaya UrjayA
    vidyayA avidyayA SaktyA mAyayA ca nishevitam 10.39.55

(Also in attendance were the Lord's own energy in the 12 forms of - Shri, Pushthi, Gira, Kanti, KIrti, Tushthi, Ila and Urja - as well as Vidya, Avidya and Maya, and Shakti.)

vilokya su bhRuSam prIto bhaktyA paramayA yuta:
    hRushyat tanUruho bhAva pariklinna Atma locana: 10.39.56

(As Akrura witnessed this wonderful vision, he became extremely happy and his heart was filled with intense devotion. His intense ecstasy caused His bodily hairs to stand on end and tears to flow from his eyes even drenching his entire body!)

girA gadgadayA astaushIt sattvam Alambya sAtvata:
    praNamya mUrdhnA avahita: kRutAnjali *beep*: Sanai: 10.39.57

(Somehow managing to steady himself, Akrura bowed his head to the ground. Then he joined his palms in supplication and, in a voice choked with emotion, very slowly and attentively began to pray.)

How lucky is AkrUra!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have seen the scene to be seen, akrUr Ji offered himself at the lotus feet singing His glories.

nato asmi aham tvAkhila hetu hetum nArAyaNam pUrusham Adyam avyayam
    yan nAbhi jAtAd aravinda koSAd brahmAvirAsId yata esha loka: 10.40.1

(Akrura said: O Lord! I bow down to You, the cause of all causes, You are that Lord Narayana – the supreme Purusha. It is from the whorl of the lotus born from Your navel that Lord Brahma appeared. Through Lord Brahma its You who has created this universe. I bow to thee.)

bhU: toyam agni: pavanam kham Adir mahAn ajAdir mana indriyANi
    sarvendriyArthA vibudhA: ca sarve ye hetava: te jagato anga bhUtA: 10.40.2

(The Earth; the water; the fire; the air; the space and its source, the mahat-tattva, the total material universe and her source, as well as the mind; the senses; the physical objects as well as the deities over these senses are all in fact created by You. To that all powerful creater, I offer myself.)

naite svarUpam vidu: Atmanas te hi ajAdayo anAtmatayA gRuhIta:
    ajo anubaddha: sa guNair ajAyA guNAt param veda na te svarUpam 10.40.3

(These (basic elements that form our universe) do not know your true identity. In fact even Lord Brahma himself does not fully understand your potency since he too is bound by the gunas’. Oh! Adipurusha, who am I to sing your glory. Your words flow through me. My namaskaarams.)

eke tvAkhila karmANi sannyasyopaSamam gatA:
    jnAnino jnAna yajnena yajanti jnAna vigraham 10.40.6

(In pursuit of spiritual knowledge, some persons renounce all material activities and take sanyas. They then begin the jyana-yagna by worshipping You, the very embodiment all knowledge.)

anye ca samskRutAtmAno vidhinAbhihitena te
    yajanti tvanmayA: tvAm vai bahu mUrti eka mUrtikam 10.40.7

(And yet others - those whose mind is pure - follow the vidhis’ as promulgated by You. They completely concentrate their mind upon You, they worship You as the one Supreme Lord manifesting in multiple forms.)

sarva eva yajanti tvAm sarva deva mayeSvaram
    ye api anya devatA bhaktA yadi api anya dhiya: prabho 10.40.9

(O my Lord, the simple truth is that all these people, even those who have turned their attention away from You and are worshiping other deities, are actually worshiping You alone, for You are that Ishwaram - embodiment of all the gods.)

Post Thanks / Like
    tubhyam namaste tu avishakta dRushTaye sarvAtmane sarva dhiyAm ca sAkshiNe
    guNa pravAho ayam avidyayA kRuta: pravartate deva nRu tiryag Atmasu 10.40.12

(I offer My prayers to You, You are that Lord who’s the witness of everyone's consciousness with unbiased vision. The living beings who assume identities as devas, humans and animals live in darkness of their ignorance. They are tied up with karmas while You are above it.)

agnir mukham te avanir anghrir IkshaNam sUryo nabho nAbhi: atho diSa: Sruti:
    dyau: kam surendrA: tava bAhavo arNavA: kukshi: marut prANa balam prakalpitam 10.40.13

(Fire is said to be Your face, the earth Your feet, the sun Your eye, and the sky Your navel. The directions are Your sense of hearing, the Indra Your arms, and the oceans Your abdomen. Heaven is thought to be Your head, and the wind Your prana and physical strength.)

romANi vRuksha auShadhaya: SiroruhA meghA: parasyAsthi nakhAni te adraya:
    nimeshaNam rAtri ahanI prajApati: medhra: tu vRushTis tava vIryam ishyate 10.40.14

(The trees and plants are the hairs on Your body, the clouds the hair on Your head, and the mountains the bones and nails of You. The passage of day and night is the blinking of Your eyes, the prajapati Your reproductory organ, and the rain Your creative energy.)

tvayi avyayAtman purushe prakalpitA lokA: sapAlA bahu jIva sankulA:
    yathA jale sanjihate jalaukaso api udumbare vA maSakA mano maye 10.40.15

(O my inexhaustible Lord, All the worlds along with their presiding gods and the people, originate in You. These worlds travel within You just as fish swim in the sea or tiny insects burrow within an udumbara fruit.)

yAni yAnIha rUpANi krIdanArtham bibharshi hi
    tair AmRuShTa Suco lokA mudA gAyanti te yaSa: 10.40.16

(Oh! Jagat rakshaka, for your lIla you have taken many forms. Those burn all the sins and sorrows of your devotees (during the avataaram as well as during the SravaNam). Hence people sing your glories with delight. Now your kRupa is making me do the same. Oh! NArAyaNa, many namaskaarams.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh! Narayana, everything is you. But, how can one not sing the glory of your avatArAs, that you took on yourself to protect Dharma.

nama: kAraNa matsyAya pralayAbdhi carAya ca
    hayaSIrshNe namas tubhyam madhu kaiTabha mRutyave 10.40.17

(You are cause of the creation and You appeared as a Matsya (fish), who swam about in the pralaya jal. You also appeared as Lord Hayagriva, the destroyer of Madhu and Kaithabha)

akUpArAya bRuhate namo mandara dhAriNe
    kshiti uddhAra vihArAya nama: SUkara mUrtaye 10.40.18

(You appeared as an immense tortoise who supported Mandara Mountain, and as a huge powerful boar [Lord Varaha], who lifting the earth. To that Lord I offer my namaskarms.)

namas te adbhuta simhAya sAdhu loka bhayApaha
    vAmanAya namas tubhyam krAnta tribhuvanAya ca 10.40.19

(Namaskarams’ to You, the amazing lion [Lord Nrisimha], who removes all fear from pious devotees, and to the dwarf Vamana, who stepped over the three worlds.)

namo bhRuguNAm pataye dRupta kshatra vana cchide
    namas te raghu varyAya rAvaNa antakarAya ca 10.40.20

(I offer my prayers to You, the Lord of the Bhrugus, who killed all the arrogant kshyatriya’s. My offerings to Lord Rama, the best of the Raghu dynasty, who put an end to the demon Ravana.)

namas te vAsudevAya nama: sankarshaNAya ca
    pradyumnAya aniruddhAya sAtvatAm pataye nama: 10.40.21

(I offer my prayers to You, You appeared as vAsudeva, the Lord of Devotees, Sankarshana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha.)

namo buddhAya SuddhAya daitya dAnava mohine
    mleccha prAya kshatra hantre namas te kalki rUpiNe 10.40.22

(I offer my obeisance’s to Your avatar as the pure Lord Buddha, who will bewilder the Daityas and Danavas, and to Lord Kalki, the destroyer of the uncultureds posing as kings. We surely see the last part and yet to see the savior.)

Post Thanks / Like
    bhagavan jIva loko ayam mohitas tava mAyayA
    aham mameti asat grAho bhrAmyate karma vartmasu 10.40.23

(O bhagavan, the living beings in this world are bewildered by Your maya. Becoming involved in the false concepts of "I" and "my," they are forced to wander along the paths of karma and its fruits. Only you can give us a break from this.)

aham ca AtmA AtmajAgAra dArArtha svajanAdiShu
    bhramAmi svapna kalpeshu mUdha: satya dhiyA vibho 10.40.24

(I too am deluded in this way, O almighty Lord, foolishly thinking my body, children, home, wife, money and followers to be real, when they are in fact as unreal as a dream. Now a look from You hasbrought the reality in me.)

anityAn Atma du:kheshu viparyaya matir hi aham
    dvandvArAma: tamo vishTo na jAne tvAtmana: priyam 10.40.25

(I have made the mistake of thinking temporary as the eternal, my body as my self, and sources of misery as the sources of happiness, I have tried to take pleasure in material dualities. Covered in this way by ignorance, I could not recognize You as the DEAREST.)

yathA abudho jalam hitvA praticchannam tat udbhavai:
    abhyeti mRuga tRushNAm vai tadvat tvAham parAn mukha: 10.40.26

(A fool overlooks a body of water surrounded by the plants growing in it and chases a mirage. Aimilarly I turned away from You to chase after material pleasures.)

na utsahe aham kRupaNa dhI: kAma karma hatam mana:
    roddhum pramAthibhi: cAkshair hriyamANam itas tata: 10.40.27

(My intelligence is so weakened that I do not have the strength to control my mind, which is constantly filled with material desires and activities and constantly dragged here and there by my senses.)

namas te vAsudevAya sarva bhUta kshayAya ca
    hRushIkeSa nama: tubhyam prapannam pAhi mAm prabho 10.40.30

(O Vasudeva, I offer my namaskarams to You, within whom all living beings reside. O Lord of the mind and senses, again I offer You my obeisances. O master, please protect me, who am surrendered unto You.)

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast