Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 313

Thread: Srimad BHAGAWATHAM

  1. #21
    Moderator Veteran Hubber Badri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,254
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Sudhaama: While I am honestly touched by the regard you have for me, I am surprised that after all that talk of wisdom and maturity, you would want to withdraw simply based on a suggestion to change the title of the topic. Isn't that unwise and immature?

    Kindly consider the following facts.
    We have repeatedly seen in the Hub that sweeping statements such as the earlier title of this topic have caused acrimony and hurt sentiments. Instead of beginning a thread by already forcing down the view that the Bhagawatham is indeed THE panacea for all human ills, it would have been infinitely better to have developed the theme and then letting people decide and judge for themselves whether it is indeed for all humanity or not.

    I understand your enthusiasm for the great purana. I share your enthusiasm personally. Besides, all the puranas and ithihasas are part of the rich Indian heritage and culture. Which is why none of these threads have been locked or removed, but allowed to continue discussing these stories. But we have to draw the line if these threads aim at establishing any one epic as the best, the most glorious, the absolute path for all humanity etc.

    With your wealth of knowledge, it is unfair if you do not participate. I request you to kindly consider this suggestion in the best spirit, which you have demonstrated on other occasions and take up the narration of tales from Bhagawatham and clarifying hubber queries with regard to the same.
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #22
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,096
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sbadri99
    Dear Sudhaama: While I am honestly touched by the regard you have for me, I am surprised that after all that talk of wisdom and maturity, you would want to withdraw simply based on a suggestion to change the title of the topic. Isn't that unwise and immature?

    Kindly consider the following facts.
    We have repeatedly seen in the Hub that sweeping statements such as the earlier title of this topic have caused acrimony and hurt sentiments. Instead of beginning a thread by already forcing down the view that the Bhagawatham is indeed THE panacea for all human ills, it would have been infinitely better to have developed the theme and then letting people decide and judge for themselves whether it is indeed for all humanity or not.

    I understand your enthusiasm for the great purana. I share your enthusiasm personally. Besides, all the puranas and ithihasas are part of the rich Indian heritage and culture. Which is why none of these threads have been locked or removed, but allowed to continue discussing these stories. But we have to draw the line if these threads aim at establishing any one epic as the best, the most glorious, the absolute path for all humanity etc.

    With your wealth of knowledge, it is unfair if you do not participate. I request you to kindly consider this suggestion in the best spirit, which you have demonstrated on other occasions and take up the narration of tales from Bhagawatham and clarifying hubber queries with regard to the same.
    DearMr. Badri,

    My detailed posting is Self-explanatory.... containing the the Answers for each and every point you have raised. now too. ...

    Further I add...

    My intention was a Healthy-discussion in a SPECIFIC-ASPECT... towards which I wanted to kindle the Thoughts ... Pro or Anti... Yes I welcome... Let the various Hubbers put forth their views on this specific direction.

    Those who VEHEMENTLYDISAGREE with me today... will fall in line with my stand on one day in future... I am sure... because it is the fact ...which I have to bring it to light... from IRUTTU ARAI.

    I feel your posting was a CHARGE ON ME... a blow on my Enthusiasm... not because of your insistence for the change of the Title... Please understand.

    But because of your blatant attack on me... as if I am unfair and one-sided FANATIC... and we are the parties under loggerheads ... which you have interfered to settle down..

    Where was the misunderstanding or a ugly turn towards the wrong direction.?

    Some of my friends have wisely questioned me... which I had appreciated and am replying PART BY PART... in the midst of my Tight-Schedule... After all this a Forum... I wait for others too to put forth their divergent views.

    If you wanted ... you cou;d have put forth your Independant views... pro or anti to mine... I would have welcomed it.

    But there is NO ROLE NOW for the Modertor to interfere unnecessarily.. which is a provocation and Bad-precedence, I consider.

    In brief.... realising your delicate commitment as a Moderator... I say...

    If I were you.... I would have waited for that Sudhaama's way of handling ... observe closely, Healthy or Unhealthy... in the interest of the Hub. in the long run... without unnecesarily poking my nose in between the Circle of Friends.

    Please note... there are several Threads here.... where the same Frends here are vehemently countering with me, at one stage and coming round with me at a later stage.... It goes on so... Both the sides amongst us, gain Knowledge by Give and Take.

    Have I done any damage to The Hub at any time in the past, by way of my wrong-handling?

    ... or Rubbing on the Wrong-side?.. which lesson forced you to interfere now as a preventive- measure?

    .You say I am Unwise and immature.!

    Please go through my Reply-postings here and then you can judge.

  4. #23
    Moderator Veteran Hubber Badri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,254
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sudhaama: I would like to end this unnecessary digression with this brief post.

    Firstly, I had not stepped into this post in the shoes of a Moderator. If that had been the case, I would not have posted here. Instead, I would either have

    a) Sent you a PM to change the title

    Or

    b) changed the title myself.

    As a hubber, I posted my views on the topic. Hence the request to you to change the title.

    Therefore your premise that I interfered to put an end to any argument is grossly mistaken.
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

  5. #24
    Senior Member Senior Hubber lordstanher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Visakhapatnam, AP
    Posts
    586
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by r_kk
    [Please understand that these “broad minded humanity” comes under “Culture” category. If you can’t understand this, then I have to call you idiotappam. *
    Good one!
    -I've changed my ID now!!-

  6. #25
    Senior Member Senior Hubber lordstanher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Visakhapatnam, AP
    Posts
    586
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mahadevan
    Unfortunatley for most of our heritage we give too much importance to the form than the content, and call the form as sacred, that is the reason our culture(like most others *) looks funny for those who question it.
    Exactly! Which was y even the Bhagwad Gita was undermined (even by Indians themselves) as just a "holy book for Hindus" for a long time before its contents were expounded to most of its readers....it wasn't until I read "An Understanding of the Bhagwad Gita" by Swami Ranganathananda (who has explicitly explained the meaning of all the slokas w/ relevance to current/modern scenario & actual practical application rather than just a theoritical read & remember form in a 'sacred' script!) tat I realised how knowledgable the book's teaching cud be!

    Quote Originally Posted by mahadevan
    * In other cultures mostly in west, their documents are often revised, look at the first few centuries after christ, the religious text went multiple iterations. Even now people try to reinterpret their text with relevance to the modern thought.
    Not only west, I was told by a Muslim friend tat this is the case even w/ the Quran, which is updated & reinterpreted w/ relevance to modern times/thinking.
    -I've changed my ID now!!-

  7. #26
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber viggop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sudhaama Sir
    continue on the Bhagawatham please.

  8. #27
    Member Junior Hubber Uthappam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lordstanher
    Quote Originally Posted by r_kk
    [Please understand that these “broad minded humanity” comes under “Culture” category. If you can’t understand this, then I have to call you idiotappam. *
    Good one!
    aiyaiyo! amaam samy pottathan polaikalaam/ Idiappam theirnjuko!
    Araitha Maavai Araithal, Iditha Maavai Idithal,
    Avitha Maavai Avithal, Kindal, Kilaral, Mudithal!

  9. #28
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber viggop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    once Veda Vyasa was meditating in his ashram.suddenly, he had an intense feeling o see his son sage Suka.Veda Vyasar came out of ashram and cried along "where is Suka?"

    it seems the entire forest with trees and birds answered his question "I am here".This is because Sage Suka was so merged with the Brahmam through his brahma vignya that there was no difference between the forest trees ,birds and Suka Maharishi

  10. #29
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber viggop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    One more story about the greatness of sage Suka who recited the srimad bhagwatham to King Parikshit.

    Once Sage Suka and his father Veda Vyasar was crossing a river.There were lot of women bathing in the river.When sage suka crossed the river, they stood up to bow to him even though they were naked.But,when Vyasar crossed next,they covered their bodies with clothes.Sage Vyasa was surprised about this and asked the women who were bathing why they behaved differently towards his son.They answered that Sage Suka was immersed in Brahmam that he did not even notice the difference between man , woman.For him ,no difference existed between himself and the women.both were manifestations of Brahmam.But, Vyasa considered them as different from his own body and hence they covered their bodies when he passed.

  11. #30
    Senior Member Senior Hubber Idiappam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    675
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't they (the story tellers) think of something else to prove their point - the greatness of their Sage, - something other than women baring thier bodies.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •