Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Srimad BHAGAWATHAM

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthi
    Hello Sudhaama Sir
    Good Morning. Oh already Discussion abt BHAGAVATHAM is started, Glad.

Who is Lord Krishna's guruji? From whom he learnt 64 arts in 64 days.

Have a nice day
    Thanks. SAANTHEEPINI Rishi... was Krishna's Guru, during His Boyhood. Sudhaama , alias Kuchela was His Classmate.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber viggop's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suka rishi is also the son of Veda Vyasar and an apsara .
    He had a parrot like face.Even though a boy, he was supposed to be a brahma gnaani.There is even a temple for him in North India in one of Vishnu's thiruthalams.

Suka rishi learnt a lot of things from King janaka.Janaka was a king who performed all duties of king but still was a jeevan muktha.

Post Thanks / Like
    Idiappam Sir
    Hinduism has lot of instances of such things which Hindus believe.

In Dasa avatharams of Vishnu, only Rama,Kirshna and Vamana and Kalki are human beings.Hanuman(another brahma gnaani) is a monkey.

Senior Member Senior Hubber Idiappam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by viggop
    Idiappam Sir
    Hinduism has lot of instances of such things which Hindus believe.

In Dasa avatharams of Vishnu, only Rama,Kirshna and Vamana and Kalki are human beings.Hanuman(another brahma gnaani) is a monkey.
    Quite a bunch we are! No wonder we are easy target for conversion.

Do you believe it, Viggop? Or are you just there to point out beliefs? Or promote them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Idiappam Sir
    As a Hindu, I do believe in this.
    I will have no problem if a person has an alternate view on this.I just follow mine and will not try to force anyone to follow mine.In a secular country like India,people are allowed to promote and propagate their views(as long as it does not abuse other people's views).So, in the future,i can decide to promote my view saying that Dasavatharam really happened and people like Suka maharishi existed.Another person can promote his view that it did not happen and all these things are not real concept of Hinduism.An atheist can say all religions are false.Everything is acceptable in India's constituition.

I think these images are for a person who is just starting his journey towards mukthi.We have lot of philosophies in Hindu religion.as a erudite person, u know that great saints go beyond these images.Lord SHiva is said to be formless to them.But as an ordinary man, i'll keep a form in mind as i've not reached that spiritual level.Take Adi sankara for instance.His philosophy says everything is brahmam and trinity are just a form of it.But , he went and composed slokas on every god and goddess for the common man.

ANyway,we are going beyond this topic on bhagawatham
    Sudhaama Sir,Let us continue the Bhagawatham

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by viggop
    Idiappam Sir
    As a Hindu, I do believe in this.
    I will have no problem if a person has an alternate view on this.I just follow mine and will not try to force anyone to follow mine.In a secular country like India,people are allowed to promote and propagate their views(as long as it does not abuse other people's views).So, in the future,i can decide to promote my view saying that Dasavatharam really happened and people like Suka maharishi existed.Another person can promote his view that it did not happen and all these things are not real concept of Hinduism.An atheist can say all religions are false.Everything is acceptable in India's constituition.

I think these images are for a person who is just starting his journey towards mukthi.We have lot of philosophies in Hindu religion.as a erudite person, u know that great saints go beyond these images.Lord SHiva is said to be formless to them.But as an ordinary man, i'll keep a form in mind as i've not reached that spiritual level.Take Adi sankara for instance.His philosophy says everything is brahmam and trinity are just a form of it.But , he went and composed slokas on every god and goddess for the common man.

ANyway,we are going beyond this topic on bhagawatham
    Sudhaama Sir,Let us continue the Bhagawatham
    Yes Mr. viggop... WELL-SAID....

Besides, the Questions our Friends Mr. Idiappam and Mr. Rohit have raised..

...even though coupled with the underlying sense of Ridicule or Mockery....

.. I take them as the Wise-Questions.... deserving the due Replies...

Because the same Questions can be raised even by our own Children, the Students anxous to LEARN THE TRUTH...

... as well as by our Non-Hindu Friends.... CURIOUS TO KNOW THE VALUES of Indian-Heritage....

INDEED there are Answers...Logical and Sensible.. for these Valid Questions.

But has got to be elaborate... Question can be in a Few Words.... but not the Answer.

And I will duly reply.... on such wealth of Knowledge... in the relevant Forum-Dais...

... another Thread... LARGE-HEARTED INDIAN-HERITAGE... soon.

I request my Friends to continue on these points... as also raise further such Wise-Questions of Common aspects... (irrelevant and far apart this Thread Topic)

... be raised in that latter one... COMPREHENSIVE THREAD.

...allowing this Thread on Bhagawatham to continue within its bounds.

Senior Member Senior Hubber Idiappam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudhaama
    ...even though coupled with the underlying sense of Ridicule or Mockery....
    'Ridicule and mockery' - see where it is coming from.....

...allowing this Thread on Bhagawatham to continue within its bounds.
    What is the purpose of this thread then? Just tell the tale of krishna? Then change the heading to just 'Bhagavatam' remove misleading words 'rich' and 'mankind' etc from it.

If you think there is 'richness', light-hearted or heavy-hearted matter in there - post them. How many threads of do you intend to start for these empty propaganda.

Can you please change the title of this thread to just 'Bhagavatham Story'..

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey guys please mention quotes from Bhagawatham, every piece of literature has sensible things and some nonsense. Even the sensible things are conveyed in a manner that may be ludicrous apparently, but the style was defined centuries back to be accomodative to the level of intellectual development then. So let us disregard the style, parrot head etc. Let us concentrate on the message and see how sensible it is. Unfortunatley for most of our heritage we give too much importance to the form than the content, and call the form as sacred, that is the reason our culture(like most others *) looks funny for those who question it.

* In other cultures mostly in west, their documents are often revised, look at the first few centuries after christ, the religious text went multiple iterations. Even now people try to reinterpret their text with relevance to the modern thought.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Idiappam
    Can you please change the title of this thread to just 'Bhagavatham Story'..
    I agree.

Request to Sudhaama to kindly change the title to just "Srimad Bhagavatham"

No doubt you may believe the story of Bhagavatham may be the panacea for all world evils, however there is no reason why others should be coerced into such belief.

As Idiappam has said, when one comes to this thread to see what Bhagavatham has for humanity and only finds stories of Krishna (in whom he does not believe) and contrived derivations thereof that this is a lesson for humanity (which he cannot accept) as has been attempted in Mahabharatha and Ramayana threads, one feels disappointed.

True, to those who believe, the stories mean much, myself included. However, a sweeping statement such as "all humanity" is not warranted and it would do well to change the title.
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mr. Badri,

I am sorry to say that I do not agree with your Justification, based on a few person's contradictory opinions. Such Objections and Arguments can be raised on any Topic. .. intentionally.

I have already replied on this point hereabove addressing Mr Idiappam.

Had you not interfered... I could have handled this matter amicably WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM TO ANYBODY... because all the Hubbers here are quite wise enough to understand the other side...

.... and INVARIABLY ONE AND ALL here, are my Friends ...

Besides, what I meant in the Title... I would have established in the long run, step by step... That is the Debative-interest amongst Friends Circle

The Title I meant... NOT ONLY MEANS MY PERSONAL BELIEF... but also is an Indication to other Hubbers to handle in such a Healthy and Unique direction.

Anyone should not be Hasty to conclude... but wait for the varied opinions. and arguments. I believe in Healthy arguments... and I do not feel hurt, simply because someone disagrees with me or vociferously counters my stand.... I believe others too duly RECIPROCATE.

.And your argument and advice to me, with a NEGATIVE APPROACH
    ( ! ), is UNFAIR... as well as a BAD PRECEDENCE....for our Hub.

However I do not want to displease you... but HONOUR YOUR WORDS... because of the personal high regard I have for you.

So complied with YOUR ADVICE .... But I feel Hurt.. It is a BLOW ON MY ENTHUSIASM..

Let anybody else continue this Topic further..... as I now WITHDRAW.

.. Or You can Close down... That will fetch Happiness to those few., whom you are preferentially interested in.

Affectionately,
    Sudhaama.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast