Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PETS![what they have done for you and you for them]

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

PETS![what they have done for you and you for them]

Many of us have pets and a lot to tell about them.Some times they are a bit of nuisance,some times great help and some times just good timepass.Some of us treat them well,some badly.We all like to have them around in times of loneliness and atleast on rare occasions they are better company than humans!So tell us all about your pets,how much they mean to you and you to them.Could be little incidents that have happened at your home in the past or your current pets.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi blah blah
    superb thread, hats off to you!!
    Had 3 pets(dogs) so far, one of which is no more after a loyal life.
    Lot of funny incidents with them.

Never successful with cats. Had fish for some time but they died - I had been to my mother's lab as a kid, saw the fish and said I wanted them. She bought me a few small ones and I took them home in a small bottle. There was a long discussion between my dad and mom that night as to why she bought those poor fish in a small bottle - finally dad relented and purchased a big aquarium next day. They died after a year.

Hope to see many posts in this thread

Post Thanks / Like
    why isnt anyone posting

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    uhhhh well i have fish...two koi....they have grown to a reasonable size...went thru an unfortunate mess of small fish....people if you buy fish dont go for cheapness...most likely they will pass on sick fish to you which die within days! have had some bad experiences with dogs....so am a bit afraid of them...cats...well....im asthmatic..so even though i like them...im allergic to them....and you know it's not their fur that agitates the allergic reaction it's actually a chemical in their saliva that stays on their fur when they lick themselves clean...hairless cat would solve that problem....but they look so creepy :P

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know whether i should post in this thread. But let me test water.

I dont like to have pets. I never had one. At a time my house owner has a cute cat and a good dog. But they where cute and good as long as they stayed with him. Once they come near me wagging tales and all I get pissed off.

I always avoid them.

Post Thanks / Like
    wagging tails are fun

I can detect when a dog is smiling. if you are observant you can see the smile that a dog gives.

Sometimes when my dog tries something weird and i shout at him, he smiles to flatter as if to say "lemme do this just one more time".

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandeep
    I dont know whether i should post in this thread. But let me test water.

I dont like to have pets. I never had one. At a time my house owner has a cute cat and a good dog. But they where cute and good as long as they stayed with him. Once they come near me wagging tales and all I get pissed off.

I always avoid them.
    hmm yes i know what you mean....i dont get pissed off but i get afraid when people walk their dogs and have big grins on their faces...telling me while i approach "he/she won't bite" im not the type to be comfortable with them in my lap, my bed, literally my house, i guess that's why fish are the exception ...that and i read it watching fish lowers bp...it probably lowers alot other things like interest in life :P

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well i never had a pet of my own. But one of my friends was studying in college and i got dogsit her dog. I used to take the dog to beach and walk with it , to the vet to have its shot, to the photostudio to have a pic taken etc. The dog started getting very attached to me. My friends grandma began to get jealous b'cos she's the owner of the dog. So one fine day the granny took the dog to some remote place, set it free and came back. Since that day i have never seen that dog again, but the experience with it is forever in my heart

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK,Since I don't see many serious takers for this,I will start with one.My mom never wanted to have dogs around since she thought they were unclean,but we always kept cats[Querida,I too was asthmatic and allergic to fur,mind you] and many of them.Now some people say cats aren't as intelligent as dogs,but they are cuter.

This incident happened when we were all little children.We had a female cat,grey in colour,[who incidently was called Browney in memory of my old pet,a little lamb whose tragic tale I will narrate later] and quite old.My family constituted of my father,mother and we three boys.Our house is located on a hill and is covered on one side with rubber plantations,two sides with coffee plantations and one side with a noisy stream with its many falls,made all newcomers sleepless for the night.

This particular night,my dad was out for a liberal serving of palm toddy at the nearest 'Kallushaappu' as was his usual custom.It was around 8 pm and my mom was working in the kitchen with two of us flanking her for pieces of coconut and jaggery which if eaten together and in the right proportion,is a good competitor for any five star dessert.Then the cat came running to my mom started mewing in a loud voice and rubbing her on the ankles with its body.It ran out in a few seconds and came back immediatly and continued the same act,this time with a greater note of urgency in its cries .It again ran out into the coffee shrubs and my mom took note.Loud hissing noises started coming from the darkness .There came the cat again and my mom said"she has seen something and is trying to tell me about it".

That precise moment,my father walked in with a neighbour. Now,Browney knew who the master of the house was.She turned her attention to my dad.After a brief chat,my father and the friend decide to comb the whole plantation from different sides.Soon they were lost in the darkness with the thick coffee shrubs made the darkness impenetrable.We were looking anxiously when a Russel's viper,the biggest I have ever seen, began its descend from the makeshift mud and stone wall behind our house coming straight towards our house.My mom called out to our father but her voice was lost in the thud of the water falls .We had forgotten about the cat then.Moments later my father appeared on the scene,and killed the snake with his long cane which all houses in our snake infested area keep.Later he told us that the cat had alerted him while he was in the plantation,the same way she did with my mother .

Browney has died years back,but we all remember her for her intelligence,timely intervention and the trust and loyalty she had with us .

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote="Querida"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandeep
    I do i guess that's why fish are the exception ...that and i read it watching fish lowers bp...it probably lowers alot other things like interest in life :P
    Try a aquarium screen saver

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast