View Poll Results: India from today

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • a poor country

14 73.68%
  • a rich country

5 26.32%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Today, is India a rich country or a poor country ?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Lambretta's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire111999
    the indian mentality is different. they place their career as one of their top priorities. but americans place a lot more importance on leisure etc. so this causes their work to go below their abilities. and indians are forever trying to improve themselves while an american will take a year off to go round the world, or to do sth else that has been his wish for a long time.
    Yes, cos Indians r smart enuff to know tat if they try to take time off like the locals do, they will hav to say goodbye to their jobs (& their NRI status! )......y wud an American citizen hav tat fear?
    Even if he loses this job, he wudnt mind going for ne arbitrary job, even a lower level one...!
    Neways, wat I was trying to say is tat its Indians who r hugely dependant on the US/foriegn countries in this regard, not the other way round as our ppl. here tend to project it!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    cos indians work smart. half the time IT guys don't do any work. that's cos they can do their work in such a short time.
    and also, the indian mentality is different. they place their career as one of their top priorities. but americans place a lot more importance on leisure etc. so this causes their work to go below their abilities. and indians are forever trying to improve themselves while an american will take a year off to go round the world, or to do sth else that has been his wish for a long time.
    no b'coz of mentality, its b'coz of its easier to get/put work on indians! and also indians r really intrested in making money, safeguarding their job also(its not putting down, its a compliment)but at the same time they love their work as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    no, i was just giving an example. and another example is this tata guy i met. he's being transferred to the uk to establish a research centre here among other things. and his son refused to accompany him here. this shows taht there are pple who want to stay in india!
    But even u agreed tat this is in most cases bcos of the career oppurtunities offered mainly thru globalisation, rather than the patriotism or true luv for India, leave alone intention of developing it!

Btw, fire, if I might ask- u said ur still Indian citizens......so do ur folks hav ne intentions of returning to India (in the near future) then?

Senior Member Senior Hubber Fire111999's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambretta
    no, i was just giving an example. and another example is this tata guy i met. he's being transferred to the uk to establish a research centre here among other things. and his son refused to accompany him here. this shows taht there are pple who want to stay in india!
    But even u agreed tat this is in most cases bcos of the career oppurtunities offered mainly thru globalisation, rather than the patriotism or true luv for India, leave alone intention of developing it!
    but it could be too. i mean, india's only coming up now. it hasn't reached the stage of america yet. but yet, the guy still wants to stay in india.

and abt developing india, most of the talk by the tata steel managing director was abt getting indians back to india. and he was talking abt india in general. he actually said that it doesn't have to be in tata. he said, just come back to india. but he was in particular talking abt the potential of the manufacturing industry in india.
    ~~~Believe. Just saying - I can do it, can give surprising results. ~~~

~~~ God is a girl ~~~

~~~ Check out the painted hand elephant!~~~

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambretta
    Btw, fire, if I might ask- u said ur still Indian citizens......so do ur folks hav ne intentions of returning to India (in the near future) then?
    not possible in the near future. my sis and i are still studying. and my sis has a 3 yr bond in singapore after she finishes her degree. my dad's got his business in singapore and germany. but my dad does go to india like nearly every month cos of his business there. and we visit india every year during our hols. and i'm really trying hard to get industrial attachments in india during my hols and i hope to work in india after i graduate (as does my sis) but that will be like 3 yrs later for me. cos i'm still in my first year of engineering.

~~~ God is a girl ~~~

Post Thanks / Like
    and abt developing india, most of the talk by the tata steel managing director was abt getting indians back to india. and he was talking abt india in general. he actually said that it doesn't have to be in tata. he said, just come back to india. but he was in particular talking abt the potential of the manufacturing industry in india.
    Well, tat sounds a bit positive....hopefully many of the Indians wud feel the same....ie. if they cud get to kill the Green Card kadhal virus!
    Atleast those in the US.....wich is the largest haven for migrating Indians!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy
    cos indians work smart. half the time IT guys don't do any work. that's cos they can do their work in such a short time.
    and also, the indian mentality is different. they place their career as one of their top priorities. but americans place a lot more importance on leisure etc. so this causes their work to go below their abilities. and indians are forever trying to improve themselves while an american will take a year off to go round the world, or to do sth else that has been his wish for a long time.
    no b'coz of mentality, its b'coz of its easier to get/put work on indians! and also indians r really intrested in making money, safeguarding their job also(its not putting down, its a compliment)but at the same time they love their work as well!
    yeah, i agree. bill gates does as well, but he's one of the exceptions among americans.

~~~ God is a girl ~~~

Post Thanks / Like
    not possible in the near future. my sis and i are still studying. and my sis has a 3 yr bond in singapore after she finishes her degree. my dad's got his business in singapore and germany. but my dad does go to india like nearly every month cos of his business there. and we visit india every year during our hols. and i'm really trying hard to get industrial attachments in india during my hols and i hope to work in india after i graduate (as does my sis) but that will be like 3 yrs later for me. cos i'm still in my first year of engineering.
    Neways, good to know tat ur still willing to work here in future.....! Good Luck in ur endeavours!

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just saw the review of "Development with dignity" by Amit Bhaduri in Frontline:
    http://www.flonnet.com/fl2307/storie...1000407400.htm
    The reviewer thinks that Bhaduri's ideas are in the right direction. If anybody has read the book, I would like to know their views on Bhaduri's suggestions.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789