Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ARR as a singer

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by karthik_sa2

thot yuvan has a big influence on arr's singing.true????
    whats this about, karthik?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber karthik_sa2's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    karthik_sa2 wrote:

thot yuvan has a big influence on arr's singing.true????

whats this about, karthik
    hey sorry i meant the other way.yuvan's singing has been influenced by arr's singing

hi scale
    thanx for that that mic arr concert info.let me know if u get to find the mp3 of that concert.

also in the album "invincible" there's a song called "lost children"its typical arr's style

Senior Member Regular Hubber ab_123's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My latest favorite of his is Lukka Chuppi. IMO, this is his best singing to date.

others include:

Dil Se (Ek Suraj Nikla Tha)

He is quite good at the high notes.

I read an article where Sadna Sargam says that he records a demo of the song the way he wants her to sing, and she just learns from there (accent etc) This shows his abilty as a singer.

I never realised how hard his compositions are (from a singing POV), with the sudden shifts of high to low notes (Vande Mataram, Mitwa and others), until I watched other people trying to sing his songs (in the Reality Singing Contests).

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    my latest favourite song, sung by ARR - Aararai KOdi pErgali oruvan. ARR's music and voice does full justice to the lyrics of vaale.

Post Thanks / Like
    My latest favorite of his is Lukka Chuppi. IMO, this is his best singing to date.
    Absolutely!! Even I thought so after watching the movie.. By virtue of this song, ARR has proved that HE too can get into the emotions of the viewer through his singing capabilities

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ?-/////
    Last edited by ajithfederer; 14th August 2012 at 06:22 PM.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Dragun's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lukka Chuppi, Yeh Jo Des Hai Tera, even Fanaa are challenging songs. Lukka Chuppi is particularly impressive. He has a very evocative voice that's effective even in abstract vocals like in Chinna Chinna Aasai (Roja) and Sandai Kozhi (AE).

Post Thanks / Like
    When the master sings, the song has to rock

Latest example being New York nagaramE.. What a song.. excellent orchestration as well..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    While listening to some songs we dont try concentrate on the lyrics.. but just the voice.. ARR is one of them..

all his songs are gr8.. vellai pookal and ek suraj niklaatha are my pick

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ARRahman's pathways to Philosophy (2004-06 Edition, Strictly Not for branded Inveterate…)

I have been listening to the following songs repeatedly as a mere check to the thread's title.
    1. Yeh Jo Desh Hai Tera (Swades/Desam)
    2. Ararai Kodi Pergalil Oruvan (Ah..Aah)
    3. Lukka Chuppi (Rang De Basanthi)
    4. NewYork Nagaram (SOK)

Literally bowled over' A variety of excellent pick (never before): Patriotism (A call for NRI's), Ethnicity (Thanks giving), Mothers sentiment (Conversational type) & Loneliness (Missing…a fresh Westernish attempt). ARR has been very careful & successful in bringing these emoticons in a right perspective with lots of innovations "ho hoi – chorus a kinda grief feel", "an encouraging kids chorus a.aah, mother-son alaap (sons death) LC & male- female chorus (Rememberance). The involvement (orchestration) he puts in his own tracks is spellbounding and very much obvious in the form of an extended instrumental Shehnai version, Intro/Lead Song . When I say "involvement" Its doesn’t mean that he selfishly reserves the best tracks nor pays less attention to other songs. (New talents are still introduced for potential movies & the tracks like TBBataye, Roobaroo, MVaa , Mayiliragae, Innisai, PPB,HHIPY Instrumental are experimental & superior as well) .

His musical journey has a motivation depicting each and every attributes of human nature in a pure form. Now I wonder who decides the situation of a track or ARR himself gels deep and workout an appropriate point to describe his thinking. NYN for Surya is another perfect example. It is like a mix of Secular & Modern humanim he introduces into his composition everytime. As a proof he himself is a clean, ego-less, awesome personality who stick to his composition what it signifies. Disappointing a great soulful singer-cum-composer haven't been noticed yet by the award juries where he has entered millions of hearts&minds with the other lead favourite singers.

(I have omitted 2004-06: JGM, Azaadi, TVT (GF- yet to release) are similar to the above genres & AMMoula, Zikhr are religious & Khalbali, Fanaah songs are entertaining which I a feel odd for the above discussion. )

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast