Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ARR as a singer

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Forthcoming releases ARR as a singer

a) Godfather (ARR solo)
    b) Rang De Basanti (ARR & Lata mangeshkar)
    c) Poverty Anthem (ARR & Blaze)
    d) The Lord of the Rings (ARR & Blaze)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thot the interlude in Sandai Kozhi is by Adnan Sami
    It sounds more like him......

can anyone confirm!

Post Thanks / Like
    united!

Its ARR.

Adnansami

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hello guys get about arr as a singer, and other singer's too intreduse by arr , u can all the list there
    http://uyirvani.com/forums/index.php?showforum=45

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ARR was once asked in an interview how it is possible that whatever he sings becomes a super hit and this was his response:

"Since I compose the song, probably I also know how to sing that better than others and I exactly know what kind of songs will suit me"

Post Thanks / Like
    Dedicating my 500th post with a new avatar to "The Ruler of the Strings" (TLOR) who enlightened me with passion, wisdom, patience & interest to listen music(anything) keenly & all Rahmaniacs here who heaved me to join TFM. I am probably enjoying the best part of my life being associated here.

Listening to ARR's Vande Mataram
    "Maah Tujhe Salam", "Only You", "Gurus of Peace", "Tauba Tauba", "Musafir", "Masoom", "தாய் மண்ணே வணக்கம்"

Pertaining to the topic, I would rate this album as his best vocal ever. What an album!. Mindblowing . Mesmerising & Soulful Vocal from this amazing personality!. Just listen to the instrumental version. Injects patriotism. I wish he comes with more such albums rather concentrating much on filmi music.

An Expert's review:

"Vande Mataram" became a Sanskit rallying cry for freedom in the early 1900s, as Indians protested against the partitioning of Bengal and its use as the title for the first international release by Ar Rahman, one of India's most popular contemporary recordings artists, is appropriate. Vande Mataram was released to coincide with the fiftieth anniversary of India's independence from colonial Britain and it also was designed to introduce the western world, particularly the United States, the wonders of modern Indian music and culture. Rahman is a clever, skilled composer and for this record, he blends Indian music with worldbeat, new age and light dance music, creating an accessible amalgam that nevertheless sounds exotic. He's also enlisted Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, David Byrne, Zakir Hussain, Talvin Singh, L. Shankar and Apache Indian as guest artists, which gives Vande Mataram a richer scope and a broader appeal. The end result is a vibrant, exciting album that has the potential to reach beyond the traditional world music fan.
    - Stephen Thomas Erlewine, All Music Guide

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ya scale , i heard all of songs yesteday in my mp3 player, woooooooow really mind blowing , and Musafir what a western music , i never heard like this song

Senior Member Senior Hubber karthik_sa2's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    my best of arr' voice is "vandhe mataram","vellai boomi" and jana gana mana from A.E.

thot yuvan has a big influence on arr's singing.true????

Senior Member Senior Hubber karthik_sa2's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    scale wrote:
    22 Ekam Satyam Concert with Michael Jackson Full Song

scale can u tell me more about this or any links

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by karthik_sa2
    scale wrote:
    22 Ekam Satyam Concert with Michael Jackson Full Song

scale can u tell me more about this or any links
    http://www.indiaoye.com/arrahman.htm

In October 1999, Rahman performed a song "Ekam Satyam" in a charity concert in Munich with Michael Jackson called "MJ and friends". The meeting between Rahman and Michael Jackson was arranged by Hindujas and Bharat Bala. Rahman and his troupe performed after Michael Jackson in the concert. Melodious strains of 'Satyameva Jayate' by Rahman provided the closing to the concert by pop king Michael Jackson.

ARR has also said in few interviews that he has performed <live> with MJ for the munich concert

http://groups.msn.com/mytamilteens/international.msnw

(check the end of this page). Still I am trying to find more from the archives.

Honestly, this is finally what we have heard from a trusted source in ARR YG for no audio/video available yet. It was SONY's release and yet remains a mystery for unreleased!.

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group.../message/48474

Date: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:18 pm
    Subject: Re: where can i get ekam satyam song?

As far as I remember, A R R told me that the song was never performed.. Just as they were to be introduced, Michael Jackson had to be put on a stretcher and taken to a hospital for some reason..
    Don't remember if the song was performed or not. a r r does have it on mp3 though. Find a transcript from fans who attended the concert
    I guess.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast