Thread: ARR as a singer

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    why not post in the thread instead of pm..?
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought I'd be generous and forward the whole album instead of the lone song. I assume everyone's got a copy of the album though

Post Thanks / Like
    Sivaji – Athiradee

"Dil Dhik Dil Thendral Nenjil.. Thithikkindra Anril
    Kunjil.. Jil Jil Jil Ginger Pennil.. Jil Endroru Jin Thaan Kannil.."

Thalaivar just blazes through this with absolute ease. This is one of the most
    un-rahman-ish song when it comes to instrumentation yet the core of the melody
    drags every listener closer to the song just like any other song by Rahman ji.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes... best of the album..
    inspite of the meaningless complex words to pronounce, if so many people can sing this song along while it is played anywhere is only becos of the melody.. the guitar interludes were so much west... (grouch could talk a bit on the eastwood connection which is invoked here)
    Rajini vera summa thulli gudhippaaru.. the choreography, costumes, sets... brilliant.
    Last edited by SoftSword; 14th September 2012 at 04:29 PM.
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    SS, ithukku pm-A, I wanted to check this thread anyway. Always been a fan of ARR the singer...so many copycats now, lazy fat cows not knowing ARR's nuances and nelivu sulivuness that I can't describe. He is a breath of fresh air himself from 90s onwards, as a singer. Trouble is, he is also using those copycats. But athu veru vishayam.

This Rajini/Eastwood connection always intrigued me. The superhero Eastwood's equivalent to superstar Rajini.The anti-hero Eastwood of shooting first and don't give a f*** later that resonates in many of Rajini's characters (including Mullum Malarum, mind you) The awesome one-liners of Eastwood with Rajini's punch dialogue. The cool cat demeanour. The smoking. The glare. The walk (Eastwood's panther-esque stroll vs Rajini's bolt) I don't think Rajini consciously had Eastwood in mind when he is doing all this. He is a goddam Sivaji Ganesan hardcore fan, ferbrandossake.

But ARR being ARR found that connection, because I think he is a huge fan of Rajini. And I note that many hc fan of Rajini immediately connect with Eastwood, and probably that's what led ARR to be influenced a lot more by Morricone. Come on, Baba's theme is Morricone's Untouchable, and we all know that. Plus the movie version was a reworking of the original TV series. He couldn't resist using it, modifying it oh-so-softly for the Eastwoodly identified Rajini (note that Rajini's look here, shadowy beard not different from some of Eastwood's famous character, the closest that I can think of is Pale Rider).

And so, the Morricone-esque guitar is a big welcome. Plus ARR's voice is why this is my favourite of the movie.

And as I said before, Rajini will be the only actor to have sung for by three of the greatest music directors of Tamil film industry.

The score for the original The Untouchables TV series:
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Rakesh

We can't ignore Chuck Norris here If Thalaivar is inspired by Clinty then it also should be noted that believable facts about Thalaivar are nonsense Chucky jokes

Rajinikanth is undoubtedly the only global superhero. He is smarter than a thousand Chuck Norrises put together. FACT

Softsword, this is for you bro!

Athiradee Voice Only

Anyways, from now on whenever Shankar makes a film, HE SHOULD ONLY WORK WITH Rahman Ji and Rajini Da. PERIOD!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Parthyy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    newyork nagaram repeat mode pure bliss

Post Thanks / Like
    Parthyy

Just like Athiradee, this too has alien arrangements compared to usual ARR songs but it's the melody that does the talking, completely taking over the listeners system.

2003 and 2007 saw Rahman Ji at the peak of experimenting and it's almost as if he was going through some rebellious change over.

Tehzeeb
    Aaytha Ezhuthu
    New
    Anbe Aaruyire
    Rang De Basanti
    Water
    Varalaru
    SOK

It's all about jumping out of the box and because we're talking about Rahman Ji then others are bound to fellow the trend!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Parthyy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^yes sunil Varalaaru Theeyil Vizhuntha Thaena rendered by ARR -none could pull that stuff absolute gem especially that blissfull scream
    Innisai title song wit carnatic touch and ilamai with that peppy tone are awesome
    plus that album much underrated -i say
    For me Ayuthe Ezhuthu is best the album of rahman post 2000 a complete package for u to burst the speaker system in the home

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast