Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: ""LOVE MARRIAGE VS ARRANGE MARRIAGE:""

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reena,probably there are more divorces in love marriages than arranged marriages.I feel this is because the arranged marriage lot are a lot more accomodating than the others who choose for themselves.You see ,they compromise even on their marriage and get married to any one their parents say.They will be ready to accept anything on their stride.
    "It was the inaction of those who could have acted,the indifference of those who should have known better,the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered the most, that made it possible for evil to triumph"-[Hailey Gabricelassie]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nirosha,I think it was Cindy who said if there aren't hiccups in your marriage that means one of you is a dummy .Believe me,it is there in every 'honest marriage' ,but where there is true love,little mistakes are forgotten and life flows as smooth as possible. Go ahead!
    "It was the inaction of those who could have acted,the indifference of those who should have known better,the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered the most, that made it possible for evil to triumph"-[Hailey Gabricelassie]

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    if indian culture becomes like that american culture, then thiink how india will be. I think we will be there in another 50 or 100 years.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where ever there are two people one person dominated the other at varrying degree. If both try to dominate their relation cannot go ahead. In case of marraiges it is usually the husband who dominates. The more educated and empowered the women become the less they accept domination from husband and so the relation breaks.

In case of love marraiges

1) women are usually more empowered (after all they had the will to go against thier parents).
    2) Fight is always there but in arranged marraige elder people try to resolve it while in love marraige you are all to yourself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blahblah
    Reena,probably there are more divorces in love marriages than arranged marriages.I feel this is because the arranged marriage lot are a lot more accomodating than the others who choose for themselves.You see ,they compromise even on their marriage and get married to any one their parents say.They will be ready to accept anything on their stride.
    Good post. I agree.
    Tata for now.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandeep
    Where ever there are two people one person dominated the other at varrying degree. If both try to dominate their relation cannot go ahead. In case of marraiges it is usually the husband who dominates. The more educated and empowered the women become the less they accept domination from husband and so the relation breaks.

1) women are usually more empowered (after all they had the will to go against thier parents).
    2) Fight is always there but in arranged marraige elder people try to resolve it while in love marraige you are all to yourself.
    Sandeep why are empowered women so threatning? Just because they will stand up for their rights does not mean they are still not able to be good wives....is it not better that one lets you have authority because they love and respect you rather than because they are afraid or forced to be so? I dont think one has to dominate the other....i think the key is COMPROMISE....

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber xlntbarani's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    love or arranged....
    whatever it maybe ...
    the problem and the solution is within the combination...
    the circum may induce or may not ... but there is nothing to blame on the circum, men, women or any.

Its for sure, that the problem and the solution is within the minds.

The topic is enjoyable to argue... but wont find an end...!?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Querida
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandeep

Sandeep why are empowered women so threatning? Just because they will stand up for their rights does not mean they are still not able to be good wives....is it not better that one lets you have authority because they love and respect you rather than because they are afraid or forced to be so? I dont think one has to dominate the other....i think the key is COMPROMISE....
    Your theory is right and it will work in the early year of marraige but then slowly the real 'fun' starts.

Am I wrong. Tell me married guys and gals

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    the only thing that worries me about arranged marriage is how since you have accepted someone and them you...that soon you will be taken for granted...i mean compatibility doesn't always mean compassion or companionship....
    there are so many people who have kids together but they do not know the first thing about each other's subtle interests...i know that marriage cannot be solely based on knowing each others interests and opinions...i just don't know how people can share something so personal and yet be so detached as well...as to even see your spouse as a burden or annoyance or even as a competitor.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess that people just fall in "love" with the person their married to, after a while.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast